The Coward's Trial - Unique map garbage

"
johnKeys wrote:
1) an arena-type challenge can be playable and enjoyable if added when the game is already mature enough from a technical standpoint.

Sure. I understand.

"
johnKeys wrote:
I mean not to offend in case you were the one who designed it, but doing it in an "unconventional" way would make players go "wow! this is epic! who did this?"
which would be a good description to my reaction, when going into the Vaal Oversoul boss-fight for the 1st time, and every time afterwards :)

The diamond supporter wanted an "Oh shit" moment.
Code warrior
Don't know why people see this is a hard map just pack enough dps and its a cake walk. ;)
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
I havent read it all, maybe its been mentioned already

Summon Zombie cripples Summoners in general

The map says 30-50 seconds between the waves - I figure thats enough time to get rid of all the corpses via summon zombie

Can anyone confirm this?

I really dont want to read the whole thread

€ oops i just realized that i necroed that thread a little
Last edited by WeAreAllOne on Jul 15, 2013, 10:05:41 AM
Just played cowards trial and two of my mates died

then i watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HysoHRhgbqo

and i can tell you that our last wave had WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more enemies. We had the entire area, EACH PIXEL occupied by a skeleton. there were so many u couldnt move a single inch, EVERY pixel occupied there were so many that my POE-client crashed (which saved my ass). i guess they had better killspeed
[Trade] -> Whisper me IGN: TrapAndHide
Last edited by OneMinuteAgo on Aug 16, 2013, 5:49:07 PM
"
WeAreAllOne wrote:
I havent read it all, maybe its been mentioned already

Summon Zombie cripples Summoners in general

The map says 30-50 seconds between the waves - I figure thats enough time to get rid of all the corpses via summon zombie

Can anyone confirm this?

I really dont want to read the whole thread

€ oops i just realized that i necroed that thread a little

I dont believe there is enough time between waves, especially at the boss, to get rid of ALL of the corpses.

I did this map the other night with a group. One person was a summoner and another was designated the job of exploding all of the corpses with a spell totem and self cast detonate dead.

The first 2 rooms this worked very well but those rooms are easy anyways. When we got to the boss room and killed all of the skeletons for the boss to appear only about 1/2 of the corpses had been destroyed.

When the remaining monsters were revived it still caused massive frame drop and the whole area was still extremely crowded.

One thing I have found to help though, if you are playing solo or in a group with permanent allocation, is to toggle showing items on the ground with "Z". After each room is cleared just hit the toggle again and pick up your loot.
I gotta admit I laughed myself out when I read about the mass revive of ALL the skeletons and the fps drop.

Even though I experienced that myself while doing the map i have to say it was the most darn awesome map (also 1 guaranteed unique) I have played till now ... I played it solo and I just killed infector first while every skelly was shooting everything at me... SO much fun !

A sincere thanks to the creator of that MAP , best poe moment ever !
Yes it is a very fun map.

The guaranteed unique also means that it isnt a complete waste of time to run it in higher levels.

I am actually thinking about buying a bunch of those maps and seeing if I cant get lucky once or twice with some high end unique drops. The only unique the map cant drop is auxium.
Back on page 1 someone said it was a once-per-lifetime; I'm not 80 yet and have found 2xCoward's Trial and 2xVaults of Atrizi (also 4xSadima's Touch). I haven't run this map yet, however; I figure simply having some corpse-consuming skill is really all the prep-work required.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
i think the map is really hard but not for all chars.
i have done the map with my la rangert with two deaths but it was cool.

with my infernal blow mara it was so easy because there were no skeletons to reanimate hehe

i love the game because of theese unique things, and yes some things i dont like in the game, but it is a beta still.

so better have fun with some problems instead of playing D3 booooooring.

and yes i am an old school D2 player.

"
sanleon wrote:
One of the best map i have played so far. Its funny

I really like this map too. It is fun doing the coward's trial. ;)
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info