The Coward's Trial - Unique map garbage

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, haha. I was directing my prior post more towards particular people. I've had as much positive response as anger, so it works out.
Funniest of unique maps. I did it two times - first with my IB Facebreaker, second with my discharger.

First time, when Necromancer showed in the end, i think _he_ was very dissapointed. Not a single corpse revived, and he was all alone in room with angry unarmed beast :)

Second time it was even more fun - never before i didn't oneshot soooo many mobs at a time.

Uniques were shitty both times, btw.
IGN: MankoBanzai | FatherOfRaiden | CemeteryOnMarch
Playtime: 19:00-00:00 GMT+3 (Russian standart time)
"
Thanks for the positive feedback guys....

Thanks for one of the best uniques in this game! ;D
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
My only beef with the map is the totally random reward.

It's like getting the jackpot on a a slots machine only to find out you don't win a prize, you win a chance to get a prize, and only after you have joined the army and served a tour.

I'm not sure how rare the map itself is, but I really dislike how the unique is often not worth running the map for.
"
Gravethought wrote:
My only beef with the map is the totally random reward.

It's like getting the jackpot on a a slots machine only to find out you don't win a prize, you win a chance to get a prize, and only after you have joined the army and served a tour.

I'm not sure how rare the map itself is, but I really dislike how the unique is often not worth running the map for.

It's the only place in the game where you are guaranteed to have a unique item drop at all. Couple this with the huge number of monsters and loot for a level 66 map and it is well worth running. I don't see the problem at all. If it guaranteed "good" (endgame, most powerful, BiS) uniques then the map would probably become an item of currency in itself, which would be daft. There's also the matter of intrinsic fun but that will vary from person to person.
Yet the unique map already took the place of another unique. It's the "your princess is in another castle scenario". If the map didn't exist, I would of still gotten the unique.

Also, the map has no quantity or rarity bonus. And if you run it in a group, you can't even see the ground because the rooms are so tiny.

We ran maelstrom of chaos with IIQ/IIR. we got seven uniques with three off the boss. It is almost always a net gain (Turn a unique map into several uniques) while the cowards trial feels like you have to wait in line.

Edit: And I'm not asking the unique always be koams/shavronnes/glare etc. I'm just asking it not be crown of thorns. Like I said, you finally beat the odds and get a non-low level common unique. But this map makes you feel like it stole it and made you roll again.
Last edited by Gravethought on Aug 21, 2013, 7:02:56 PM
What you speak about it's not the map.Map is just fine and as creator said it's the only place where a unique drop is guaranteed.The problem with shitty drops comes from ggg and it concerns all the drops.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
My FPS was fine when I ran it. Probably most fun map I've ever ran.

asshole

hai guyz

A buddy and I ran it a little while back, both melee. I was on a pretty standard sweep duelist with pretty decent gear, he was playing his infernal blow temp that was slightly undergeared and underleveled for the map. Nonetheless we managed to clear all the first waves without issue, I think he died once or twice. The final wave however did pretty much nuke my framerate which lead to my death.

I will say it was definitely the most fun I've ever had on a map and that final wave was so unexpected I actually laughed out loud at how ridiculous it was. Didn't mind dying and not completing it I had a lot of fun and I would do it again.

IMO it's perfect. You have to have a pretty solid character to complete it but it's still so much fun even if you can't finish it. I think my issue was more my build rather than my gear.

IGN: Lawsuit | Lawshoot
"
Yet the unique map already took the place of another unique

You disregard the fact that: You get both the map (which is a unique in and of itself) PLUS another unique item PLUS the XP and loot reward, which is uncommonly high for a lvl 66 map. It is plenty rewarding and this kind of reasoning amounts to little more than complaining for the sake of it. Even if GGG didn't agree to make a unique drop guaranteed from the Infector of Souls it would still be worth running because it is already intrinsically a unique item with special content found nowhere else.
"
"
Yet the unique map already took the place of another unique

You disregard the fact that: You get both the map (which is a unique in and of itself) PLUS another unique item PLUS the XP and loot reward, which is uncommonly high for a lvl 66 map. It is plenty rewarding and this kind of reasoning amounts to little more than complaining for the sake of it. Even if GGG didn't agree to make a unique drop guaranteed from the Infector of Souls it would still be worth running because it is already intrinsically a unique item with special content found nowhere else.

I think its a good idea. You can get ANY unique off the boss, which is unlike other level 66 maps. It is also a lot of fun to run as a map.

Those saying the unique map took the place of another unique don't understand RNG. The map drop is what rolld unique, if it hadn't it doesn't mean another item would have rolled unique instead. Sure, if you had dropped anotehr item, and it had rolled unique, it would have taken pits place. But thats two different setups, nto one

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info