Increased Burning Damage

"
jsn006 wrote:
I hate it when someone has a 'because I told you so' attitude.

The reason he does that, is because he knows a hell of a lot more about PoE than the average forumgoer. Oh, and he's correct, sooo..

Anyways:

Armour is an additive multiplier (Reduced Damage Taken) but it functions multiplicatively with Increased Damage. The reason for that is because Increased Damage affects Damage Dealt, whereas Armour affects Damage Taken. They affect different values, and as such Increased/Reduced are not additive.

Increased Fire Damage increases Fire Damage Dealt, which is used to determine Fire Damage Taken.
Ignite is based on Fire Damage Taken (not Dealt), and forms a whole new value: Burn Damage. It's an entirely different, new value, and as such it has its own modifiers. It is not additive with whatever other value the Burn Damage is based on, because that would be madness.

In your example, how would Resists be applied? To determine the Burn damage, you use Damage Dealt, which does not factor in Resistances (or flat reductions such as Arctic Armour). However, Burn damage is based on Damage Taken, ie. after Resistances. Additionally, it is multplied by Resists a second time (but flat reductions don't apply twice).
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 11, 2013, 10:19:48 PM
Does the increased burning damage proliferate or only affect the initial mob hit?

Sorry if there's already been an answer to this, I couldn't find any info on this thread.
if burning was proliferated, then yes it should still be affected by inc burning damage.
The Proliferate is an exact copy of the 'original', so that ought to be pretty obvious.
In light of the recent changes to burning damage, with so so many ways to get damage increases, I'm wondering if this support should be changed to a "more" bonus.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
In light of the recent changes to burning damage, with so so many ways to get damage increases, I'm wondering if this support should be changed to a "more" bonus.

it should be because after the patch the gem sucks ALOT more than before. Maybe lvl 1 = 20% more burn damage and 39% at lvl 20. 2% quality = 1% More burn damage.
IGN: kReiZy
Last edited by sYkoDe4d on Nov 29, 2013, 10:30:35 AM
Yea post DoT changes this gem is lackluster to say the least. Max leveled is a pretty bad boost now, taking it out of my fire trap I only lose 15% of my total burn/fire/elemental increases. That's a flat out awful return for a support now.
Last edited by Gravethought on Nov 29, 2013, 5:19:44 PM
"
Gravethought wrote:
Yea post DoT changes this gem is lackluster to say the least. Max leveled is a pretty bad boost now, taking it out of my fire trap I only lose 15% of my total burn/fire/elemental increases. That's a flat out awful return for a support now.

Sounds like I should switch Increased Burning Damage to Minion Damage for my Burned Misscreations, now that this gem seems to be support Burned Misscreations (was not the case before 1.02 Patch).
I agree that this gem should change into More Burning Damage. Compared to 1.0.1, this gem effectively lost 40% of its power for ignite builds, since the burn went from 1/3 to 1/5.
im interested does increased burning damage from passive nods affect burning spectres unrighteous fire? since i can get up to +60% from passives it seems outrageous...
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info