Increased Burning Damage

"
Mannoth wrote:
im interested does increased burning damage from passive nods affect burning spectres unrighteous fire? since i can get up to +60% from passives it seems outrageous...

Your Minions do not have your Passives.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 13, 2013, 8:38:55 AM
I really wish we could get some feedback as to whether or not this gem will be changed. It's numbers and function are way out of line with the new burning damage mechanics.
I have a build that uses Increased Burning damage with Righteous Fire. This works, the increased burn damage shows up in Righteous Fire's tooltip.

I just found a 16% quality increased fire damage gem. This adds an 8% chance to ignite. The ignite chance doesn't show up on tooltip and the enemies are not being ignited. Is this a bug? Ignite chance does not say on hit. I was really hoping I could use elemental proliferation with the ignite.
Any improvements planned for this gem?
this gem is just too weak, 3 nodes from the skill tree gives more burning damage.
"
Husken wrote:
this gem is just too weak, 3 nodes from the skill tree gives more burning damage.

It can be a good and safe way to increase damage that cannot be reflected back to you (burning damage)

Also there are only like 5 passives altogether for burning damage in the game anyway so i don't see this as a problem.

I use it if i have a slot over for builds that ignite monsters and depend on burning damage.
this numbers should definitely be bumped up to 100-120% increased burning OR 25-30% MORE burn damage
I'm in for a buff for this gem.
"
Gravethought wrote:
I really wish we could get some feedback as to whether or not this gem will be changed. It's numbers and function are way out of line with the new burning damage mechanics.

This.

If I understood it correctly the new situation is like this:

+x% fire damage = +x% spelldamage + x% burndamage

Therefore, the scaling of "increased burning damage" is pretty weak and should be changed to a "more" modifier(maybe with lower numbers)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info