Not as "smooth" as that other game

After playing that other game, PoE feels unresponsive and jerky.

The character feels like when its moving, it moves on a 8 point axis instead of exactly where you click, if you know what I mean.

It feels like theres some client-side lag when using skills and abilities also.

Maybe a netcode thing, maybe a pure coding thing but it definitely shows big time and if you could address it that'd be fantastic.

I'm sure Chris and the team have noticed this when alternating between the two games and have already picked up some ideas but just in case, thought i'd throw it out there.
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2017, 6:06:45 AM
I know this exact feeling and it's extremely noticable. It's so clunky feeling. :(
just a simple

"agreed"

on the otherhand, the game itself plays really smooth, just the movement and combat needs some tweaking in terms of smoothness
If you wish for a key? pray to the allmighty Keysus. If you want a speedy Blessing? Donate to the church of Keysus and ye shall receive a Blessing.

*Disclaimer- This is now a vintage saying*
I'm glad i'm just not being pedantic and others notice it too. Was getting a bit worried for a moment there, haha.

The only reason I post about this is because something this important can mean the difference between a really good, well polished game and a great game with some fantastic ideas that doesn't feel quite right when you're playing...
Agree. I really think imporving on that should be the main focus of the team before considering anything else.
I do agree that PoE feels to have more "weight" in its movement / animations, though that is not exactly a bad thing either. That "other game" on the otherhand tends to always give me much higher pings then PoE ever does.

Ontario, Canadian here. Using the best internet service available for my area.
Last edited by Lionguild on Jun 7, 2012, 5:59:57 PM
I get about 200 ms on both games. I don't think its down to latency but cant be 100% sure :/
Then that might be the difference in the fact that the other game handles high ping better. But I still get at least half the ping in PoE.
J
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Jan 7, 2019, 3:02:33 AM
I'm not a fan of the speed it takes to transition between attacking and moving. Also, because you have to stop running to cast skills which clearly could be cast while moving interrupts the flow of the game, making it feel very stop-start. Obviously it wouldn't work if you could attack while moving, but some kind of blending animation between running into attack, like a lunge sort of thing as you enter into combat mode would be great.

There is a noticeable amount of time when your character is winding up for an attack but could probably still be moving, the same goes for finishing the animation as well. You have to wait until his hands are by his sides again before you can run, it just feels so stiff. Smooth these transitions out, and allow stuff like auras and some buffs to be cast while moving and I think it would feel much better to play.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info