Not as "smooth" as that other game

"
ac429 wrote:

I'll add 1 more cent to this.

The snake that slithers in act 2 is somewhat annoying. Maybe I have an irrational fear of snakes, but the way it slithers makes it pretty difficult to target. I don't know if "moves around weirdly so the player can't click on it" counts as a legitimate NPC defense. =S

I just shoot behind it, and hope to god the arrow hits the snake.

I agree with this 100% and will add that not only are they difficult to target but for some reason I can't figure out, I am constantly thinking they are dead when they are quite alive. I'm not sure if it is the fact they they are already laying on the ground that tricks my brain in a fast moving fight but I can't tell you how many times I've ended a fight and hear "hiss" and notice the bastard is now moving at my feet with a sliver of life left.

The only thing I can think of, besides the fact that I am easily distracted, is that they don't stand out as well amongst a pile of dead and if they don't move for a moment I dismiss them as dead as long as I know I landed a hit on them.

I've never had that problem with any mob in a game before and it totally messes with me each time it happens. Probably just me being strange though! :P

"
Chris wrote:
Thanks for the thread, it's very interesting and there are several plans to improve elements of the game to make it feel smoother. Some will come sooner than others, but we'll fit them in.

At the moment, our immediate priorities are on features that greatly affect the economy/balance of the game (the new end-game, PvP, trade, etc) so that we can get those out of the way before we enter Open Beta. Making combat smoother can be done at any time, without requiring that we modify existing items or balance.

So, 5 years have passed. Is there any work in progress for making the gameplay smoother right now? Any updates? Character remodeling or removing useless skill animations maybe?
Last edited by Cihondar on Nov 20, 2017, 6:11:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info