Upcoming patch schedule and Open Beta date estimate

Am I the only one who thinks that Act 3 looks a bit similar to Act 2? As someone before me said it, we could use a bit of snow ::- D. Or something... I don't know... different.

And I'm saying this not as pointless bashing, but constructive criticism. I already put my money where my mouth is and I wish only the best to GGG and this game ::- ). So come on, bring a bit more graphical diversity.
My article promoting PoE:
http://www.axonnsays.com/2013/01/you-are-invited-to-the-path-of-exile-open-beta

Running PoE on an Intel i5 2500K, Radeon 7950 OC, SSD Vertex 3 MI, 8 GB RAM.
I'm also a Software Engineer and Indie Game Developer ::- ). Go Go GGG!!!
Any events this week? Ive never personally seen you try attrition out..

We were talking during the last event and one thing was mentioned. Intermissions. Is it possible to hold an event for say, 3 hours, and then continue the event at a later point? Say a week later? I always wanted to play in like a 9 hour event held over 3 sessions.

They would allow for longer style events, without forcing you to commit significant lengths of time which isnt realistically achievable or healthy (sure I could play for 16 hours straight but that doesnt make it right)
^^ even just a 10-15 minute break in the middle would be good. Everyone has to toilet.
Great Post! I look forward to testing each patch thoroughly and uploading youtube videos for each build.

Great work GGG!
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
"
Kyliathy wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that Act 3 looks a bit similar to Act 2? As someone before me said it, we could use a bit of snow ::- D. Or something... I don't know... different.

And I'm saying this not as pointless bashing, but constructive criticism. I already put my money where my mouth is and I wish only the best to GGG and this game ::- ). So come on, bring a bit more graphical diversity.

You can't really judge that all from one screenshot beside Act 1 and 2 has more different areas. Act 1's shipgraveyard got a pretty nice atmosphere to it for example and Act 2's jungle theme wasn't all that bad either.

Seems the Act 3 shot is from a ruined urban area but since there are those freaky insectoid mobs I think we'll see something new on this matter as well as their hive would be fitting for a new area and I assume there would be more to meet the eye as well.

For now let's just wait for the infos coming. I'm pretty sure we'll get snowy terrains as well if not in Act 3 then it surely gonna be pulled off in a later content as they're pretty classic and a lot of people likes them.
Ohhh, I like that act 3 teaser.
Reimur: even though you're wrong, why would you have faith in diamond supporters? you're talking about a group of people that are so autistic that they would spend 1000 dollars on pixels. we're almost the most idiotic group of people in this community. second to hardcore players.
"
Kyliathy wrote:

We purposefully picked an area that wouldn't spoil what most of Act Three is like!

Jonathan even commented this afternoon that he was worried this particular image looked too similar to Act Two. Don't worry, it's very different. You'll be surprised :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jun 1, 2012, 6:09:21 AM
That's the kind of scary enemies I was talking about!
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Swappable Weapon Sets? wooohooo
That opens totally new options for speccing your char. One could create melee/archer hybrids and things like this. They surely won't be as strong in each profession but it might be fun.

Act3 Teaser looks really cool as well but in my opinion act1 needs an overhaul because it is so extremely brownish and boring in comparision to act2. I've heard some people saying that the game looks shit just because they have only played a few minutes in act 1. The only area I really like is the ship graveyard.
Last edited by Torgen on Jun 1, 2012, 6:22:16 AM
Wow, very nice. A lot is going to happen for this game in the next two and a half months!!!!
Still, I'm also curious what's going to happen once the game hits open beta. Will there still be patches frequently that add new content as regularly as these? Might we ask what is in store for the game on a slightly larger timeline: say, a year?
Last edited by teacherpeter on Jun 1, 2012, 6:21:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info