Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.23] [Leaguestarter] Exsanguinate Ascendant - a great all-rounder

This build is really very very good, I highly recommend it if you want to try something a little different. It's honestly one of the best I've played since I discovered PoE.

The leveling phase goes smoothly. Exsanguinate is a bit "slow" at the beginning, but quickly the skill becomes fun and efficient.
Once you get to the Maps, the build shows all its versality. I was able to reach the red maps easily and I'm farming T16 there now without any worries (as long as some mods are avoided, like physical damage reflections or life regen reduction)
I still have some work to do on survivability. Some bosses kill me in one shot... But I think I see some possibilities in my stuff.

The only drawback is that it may not be very well adapted to this league. Sanctum seems a bit complicated (but I haven't tried much to be honest...)

"
pawelos13 wrote:
In the Curse topic

About that, got a devouring diadem and i'm trying to fit in skitterbots with the profane proxy ring for automatic cursing, can't say if it's viable yet but looks like it can be, especially with a vitality reservation efficiency.
"
Arkaon_GOST wrote:
This build is really very very good, I highly recommend it if you want to try something a little different. It's honestly one of the best I've played since I discovered PoE.

The leveling phase goes smoothly. Exsanguinate is a bit "slow" at the beginning, but quickly the skill becomes fun and efficient.
Once you get to the Maps, the build shows all its versality. I was able to reach the red maps easily and I'm farming T16 there now without any worries (as long as some mods are avoided, like physical damage reflections or life regen reduction)
I still have some work to do on survivability. Some bosses kill me in one shot... But I think I see some possibilities in my stuff.

The only drawback is that it may not be very well adapted to this league. Sanctum seems a bit complicated (but I haven't tried much to be honest...)

Hi, love the kind words!

I also get one-shotted sometimes from bosses, and 99% of these bosses use Physical or Chaos attacks, which renders my Armour/Evasion/Chaos Resistance not sufficient enough. Right now I am at around 24k armour/11k evasion/35% Chaos res without flasks. I am fine most of the time, but i sometimes get one-leapslammed by Oak in Mesa map lmao.

In terms of the Sanctum viability - the Sanctum mechanics alone are enough to consider more DPS oriented version and one that includes Unleash Support.

The build is able to complete the Sanctum run, I've done it multiple times by now, but it isn't "farmer" of any kind.
"
machopi wrote:
"
pawelos13 wrote:
In the Curse topic

About that, got a devouring diadem and i'm trying to fit in skitterbots with the profane proxy ring for automatic cursing, can't say if it's viable yet but looks like it can be, especially with a vitality reservation efficiency.

Hi, thank you for the suggestion!

The idea is interesting, but it needs some testing. On one hand - Diadem gives Reservation Efficiency, which helps us squeeze one more reservation Skill. Also, I like the idea with Profane Proxy - mostly because it has some Resistances and socketed gem levels, while Mark of Submission has none of it.
On the other hand - EB from Diadem doesn't really help us, and we're missing out on some defenses from the rare helmet. It certainly is an option, but it needs some testing. Feel free to share your conclusions!
"
pawelos13 wrote:
Hi, thank you for the suggestion!

I did it, it's possible to fit 3 auras, vitality, banner and skitterbots, but it's very expensive. We're talking perfect gear scenario - on top a lvl 5 (+1 from the diadem) enlighten i also had to get reservation efficiency on both jewels. It's unreasonably pricey to do and it's bad, considering the fact that i'm sacrificing something like 20% spell suppression, life and red/blue helmet mods for auto-curse and something like 5-6% shock on targets that matter.
Conclusion is - possible but a bad idea. And a curse-on-hit ring also doesn't work because the difference between that and a 20/20 anomalous vulnerability is really noticeable and i'm already kinda low on boss dps as is.
Couple positive things - this does surprisingly well in all blight/breach content, which is basically all i every do, and a progenesis flask boosts tankiness through the roof, expensive as it is.
Last edited by machopi on Jan 4, 2023, 3:17:18 PM
"
machopi wrote:

It's unreasonably pricey to do and it's bad, considering the fact that i'm sacrificing something like 20% spell suppression, life and red/blue helmet mods for auto-curse and something like 5-6% shock on targets that matter.
Conclusion is - possible but a bad idea.

Yeah, that's essentially my experiments in PoB showed as well.

"
machopi wrote:

And a curse-on-hit ring also doesn't work because the difference between that and a 20/20 anomalous vulnerability is really noticeable and i'm already kinda low on boss dps as is.

That is precisely why I stuck with Mark of Submission from day 1 and I'm not changing it. As I said in the comment before - the most power we'd get with self-casting Vulnerability, but it is another button tu press, and not everyone wants that.
In terms of boss DPS - this build was meant to be durable first, damage second. That's why I'm investing in spell suppression, regen, max res, armour/evasion, small amount of block. You can always trade some of the defence for damage.
Wanted to thank you for this build. I love scions and this is a very fun build. My gear sucks and I suck at earning currency to buy gear and the crafting system is complicated on the ps5 but I’m having fun. Lol 😂
Thanks for the build guide - enjoying it so far. Just started (in the middle of the campaign), but peeking ahead and trying to understand the ascendancy point choices. Looking at the order and final build-out in the pob, I don't understand how this is working. From what I can see, here is the sequence (for a total of 10 points):

1. Head towards Duelist with the first 2 points
2. Head towards Ranger with the next 2
3. Take Ranger and Raider
4. Take Duelist and Gladiator
5. Take Path of Ranger.

Considering there are only 4 labs (normal thru uber), how do you get 10 points to allocate? Never played a scion before so not sure if there is something I am missing.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by KingboyD on Jan 8, 2023, 5:46:15 PM
"
KingboyD wrote:
Thanks for the build guide - enjoying it so far. Just started (in the middle of the campaign), but peeking ahead and trying to understand the ascendancy point choices. Looking at the order and final build-out in the pob, I don't understand how this is working. From what I can see, here is the sequence (for a total of 10 points):

1. Head towards Duelist with the first 2 points
2. Head towards Ranger with the next 2
3. Take Ranger and Raider
4. Take Duelist and Gladiator
5. Take Path of Ranger.

Considering there are only 4 labs (normal thru uber), how do you get 10 points to allocate? Never played a scion before so not sure if there is something I am missing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi, I will make it clear as well as I can.

In points 3. and 4., taking Ranger-Raider is actually one point, not two. The UI behaves that you take a Ranger ascendancy, and then you spend one point to choose between Deadeye, Pathfinder and Raider. The same applies to Duelist part.

Also, the order of ascendancies isn't really specific. I go mostly like this:

1st lab: One point to Duelist and one point to Ranger (it helps with attributes).
2nd lab: Either Raider or Gladiator (I often take Raider first, for Movement Speed and Frenzy Charges).
3rd lab: Take the second part that you didn't choose in the 2nd lab.
4th lab: Either Path of the Duelist or Path of the Ranger (it doesn't matter which one you pick anyway).
Heii Thansk for the build, i have so much fun playing this.
I am trying to push to 100 but sometimes i die and cant seem to understand why, becouse i feel so tanky until i get 2 shoot by something breach related.
I have linked my pob pastebin, any feedback or tips would be great.
Other then that i am just having fund, think it my best and strongest build i tryed so far xD
https://pastebin.com/wT596rT9

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info