Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.23] [Leaguestarter] Exsanguinate Ascendant - a great all-rounder

Thoughts on getting Vulnerability on hit ring and replacing the curse setup with Decoy Totem or some sort of blind setup?
Good to start this build with 70 divines? any suggestions to buy?
How far can you push this build? I can do corrupted t16 but it's a bit tedious and can't do much extra content like breach in it. I feel kinda weak and squishy but i don't know what to change
Last edited by Memen on Dec 27, 2022, 2:34:49 PM
"
Rufenh wrote:
Hi I was wondering if like, anomalous Exsanguinate could be good? Is it just QoL to have the increased cast time or is the standard quality scaling just that much better that it'd be too much to lose?

Hi!

I was playing with Anomalous Exsanguinate last league and Superior (standard quality) Exsanguinate now. To me, both are great, I'd say Anomalous probably feels a bit better.
"
CryingEnder wrote:
"
What map modifiers would be best to avoid as much as possible?

Firstly avoid physical reflect (but that is obvious). I can tell from my experience this league with the build so far, it's good to avoid messing your armour (reduced armour/block modifier or reduced aura effect) and to avoid giving monsters phys reduction: "monsters have physical damage reduction". Other bad ones are "no life regen" or "reduced life regen" (for this one you can compensate with leech if you can handle it)

Thank you for your answer, that's basically all the bad mods. You may want to avoid "-max ele res", especially if you're using RF, but that's a standard one to avoid.
"
DasPizzar wrote:
Thoughts on getting Vulnerability on hit ring and replacing the curse setup with Decoy Totem or some sort of blind setup?

Hi, thank you for the suggestion!

This league I'm playing with Mark of Submission:

and if I'm being honest, I don't want to replace it very much. I was thinking what to do with Vuln, since both curse on hit mods and hextouch were nerfed. That's why I have stuck with Mark of Submission - it applies your socketed Curse with its full power.

Because of that, my Storm Brand is a bit obsolete, only proc'ing CF stacks and Arcane Surge, and it makes me want to cut both CF and SB. In that case I need to figure out what gems to socket instead.

The idea to include something like Decoy Totem is interesting. I was also thinking about using Summon Stone Golem for an additional life regen, he could also apply maim to enemies and taunt them with Meat Shield Support. Thing is - last league my golem was dying instantly. I have to try it after the AN changes, maybe now it would work better.
"
Perzival3 wrote:
Good to start this build with 70 divines? any suggestions to buy?

Wow, I'd say I'd be hard to spend 70 divines on this. Check my profile and my Sanctum League character. That's my around 30div gear, and I don't want to invest any further.

Ideas to improve over what I have:

1. There is an option to craft BiS Physical Spell Wands, if you want to sacrifice Whirling Blades.
2. You can move around some resistances, making space for suffixes on Rings, and then craft them with Essence of Delirium, to get DoT Multi.
3. If you have some spare money, I am certain Ashes would be slightly better than Eternal Struggle.
"
Memen wrote:
How far can you push this build? I can do corrupted t16 but it's a bit tedious and can't do much extra content like breach in it. I feel kinda weak and squishy but i don't know what to change

Hi, I've managed to do all the non-Uber content with this build, last league and this league as well.

That said, I've struggled to do 8-mod corrupted T16s on league-start, because I was lacking defenses and damage.

In terms of defenses, I'd send to to the FAQ section of my guide (it's in the end). I'm explaining there where to look for defenses improvements.

In terms of damage, three main sources to improve are:
1. Gems (awakened supports and 21 level active gems).
2. Jewels (the add a lot of power).
3. CIP corrupted implicits (they are 50-60% increased damage after all).
Hi there, I'm still leveling it on acts and I'm loving it, thank you for the nice build! I was looking for an Exsanguinate build for ages and never did it.

A question: why not use a rare ring with "Curse enemies with Vulnerability" instead of Mark of Submission?
"
viniam12 wrote:
Hi there, I'm still leveling it on acts and I'm loving it, thank you for the nice build! I was looking for an Exsanguinate build for ages and never did it.

A question: why not use a rare ring with "Curse enemies with Vulnerability" instead of Mark of Submission?

Hi, I'm glad you like it!

The reason we're not using Vuln on hit ring is because the changes to Curses this league.

The "Vulnerability on hit" ring/gloves mod now curses with level 1 Vulnerability, and it doesn't have any increased effect. This means, cursed enemies take 15% increased physical damage thanks to our curse. Compare that to the level 21 Vulnerability with +6 levels from CIP (Vulnerability is a physical spell after all) and you get 35% increased physical damage taken by cursed enemies. It's essentially ~20% more damage, while sacrificing your ring slot. Same goes with hextouch, though we lose less of our power there.

I've decided to stick to the QoL Mark of Submission gives me.

That being said, you can also go with a self-cast Vulnerability and a rare ring, that should be best in terms of raw power.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info