[3.23] [Leaguestarter] Exsanguinate Ascendant - a great all-rounder

hi. very good build, but i have some problem with defences, i think. sometimes i just get killed with one hit and i dont know how to fix it. i have kinda good armor, skin of the loyal and auras but still dying a lot :(
Last edited by mydepair on Dec 15, 2022, 12:30:35 PM
"
Lolimila wrote:
Love the build, thanks a lot! How would you go about using Reap with this build? Is it viable at all?

Hey, I'm glad you like it!

Reap is a bit different than Exsanguinate, mainly because you can't apply multiple DoT stacks at once. Therefore level 20 Reap will deal 1463 physical DoT, and Exsanguinate will deal 1121, stackable three times. This means that Exsanguinate is much better in scaling the DoT portion, and I wouldn't recommend switching to Reap.
"
mydepair wrote:
hi. very good build, but i have some problem with defences, i think. sometimes i just get killed with one hit and i dont know how to fix it. i have kinda good armor, skin of the loyal and auras but still dying a lot :(

Hey, nice to hear you like the build!
To fix your build I'll give you some generic tips from my experience, since I don't see your build's numbers.

I've discovered that scaling a bit of evasion goes a long way. When I was leaguestarting I was dying too much for my liking, and I've discovered I have about 10k armour and 2k evasion (without flasks), resulting in poor defences. I have changed my gear to these:

which upgraded me from 10k to almost 18k armour and from 2k to almost 8k evasion, and I feel MUCH tougher.

So I'd advise:
1. Don't overlook armour/evasion bases and prefix mods. They really make a difference. The preferred values are 20k armour (so that physical damage on T16s doesn't hurt) and 8k evasion (so that we have about 50% chance to evade) without flasks. Note that you don't have to switch your chest - Skin of the Loyal should scale armour/evasion even better thanks to 100% increased Global Defences mod - but it creates even more pressure to improve your armour/evasion stats on helmet/boots/gloves (see my helmet as an example).
2. I really like increasing my maximum elemental resistances. Last league I got to 82%(fire)/79%(cold)/79%(lightning). It helps a lot. You can get some from tree (Prismatic Skin wheel) and from Searing Exarch implicits (all resistances on chest, lightning on helmet, cold on gloves, fire on boots).
3. When you improve your defences, further investment in recovery will only amplify the feel of being tougher. I am now at 1400 life regen/s, which makes you think less about using your life flasks and helps with all the degens.
thank you for the work you put into this. I've been wanting to play this build again for some time now.
have you considered using Haemophilia gloves for the pops or is the Exsang chain enough and the pops would be overkill?
"
Narayu wrote:
thank you for the work you put into this. I've been wanting to play this build again for some time now.
have you considered using Haemophilia gloves for the pops or is the Exsang chain enough and the pops would be overkill?

Hi, I'm glad you like the build!

Sadly, Haemophilia gloves wouldn't work, since you have to inflict Bleeding to enemies, and right now there is no way to do this with spells.

Chains from Exsanguinate are enough to make the clear above average I'd say.
Last edited by pawelos13 on Dec 17, 2022, 6:49:30 AM
Hi!

What type of damage scaling our skills? Do example the damage over time scale us too as a phys damage over time?
"
maddannik wrote:
Hi!

What type of damage scaling our skills? Do example the damage over time scale us too as a phys damage over time?

Hi!

Damage over Time, Physical Damage, DoT Multi and Physical DoT Multi scales everything in our build. Spell Damage scales the Exsanguinate, but it doesn't scale Corrupting Fever. It is still worth it though, because most of our damage comes from Exsanguinate, CF is supplemental.
Hi I was wondering if like, anomalous Exsanguinate could be good? Is it just QoL to have the increased cast time or is the standard quality scaling just that much better that it'd be too much to lose?
What map modifiers would be best to avoid as much as possible?
"
What map modifiers would be best to avoid as much as possible?

Firstly avoid physical reflect (but that is obvious). I can tell from my experience this league with the build so far, it's good to avoid messing your armour (reduced armour/block modifier or reduced aura effect) and to avoid giving monsters phys reduction: "monsters have physical damage reduction". Other bad ones are "no life regen" or "reduced life regen" (for this one you can compensate with leech if you can handle it)
Last edited by CryingEnder on Dec 24, 2022, 6:06:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info