[3.23] [Leaguestarter] Exsanguinate Ascendant - a great all-rounder

Hi boss,

would you update build for 3.21?
"
Sylectran wrote:
Hello, I'm mostly a new player, well, I have 120 hours but that's nothing for this game. I wanted to try this build and clear all content in the game next league, whatever that means, I actually don't know how many bosses this game has and all of that. Do you think that's possible with this build?

You mentioned
"
It is able to clear most of the content this game has to offer (excluding only some Uber fights and Simulacrum when the mods line up badly) with comfy playstyle and budget gearing.

Do you mean just with cheap gear? If you have good enough gear are you able to clear everything with this build?

Hey there, I'm glad you are interested with this build!

I'd say, if your goal is to complete everything this game has to offer, this build can do it, but it won't certainly be your best bet. You will struggle especially with some of the Uber versions of bosses (they are scary) and maybe Simulacrums (wave-based encounters with rippy modifiers - your character should usually have specialized defences for this specific encounter). The rest should be doable with just two Cold Iron Points and decent defensive gear (a sample gear is shown in my PoB as "day 3 gear").
"
samate89 wrote:
Hi boss,

would you update build for 3.21?

Hey there,

the build guide is updated to the 3.21. You can find updated PoB in the point 3. of the guide (remember to let your PoB update so that new masteries work properly).

I've also included some brief notes regarding 3.21 changes and what's different in the current iteration of the build.
I will go this build as leaguestarter for 3.21.
What do you think about going Vaal Reap for more single target DPS / bossing? Is it worth using it as a 1L, or is there maybe room for a 4L Vaal Reap?
"
iSiarra wrote:
I will go this build as leaguestarter for 3.21.
What do you think about going Vaal Reap for more single target DPS / bossing? Is it worth using it as a 1L, or is there maybe room for a 4L Vaal Reap?

Hey there, I'm glad that you're interested in my build!

I'm thinking about Vaal Reap, and right now this is my statement:

1. I am certain that full 6L lvl 20 Vaal Reap will have better single-target than our Exsanguinate - which is why I will test just swapping Exsanguinate for Vaal Reap on Pinnacle Bosses.

2. On the other hand, I am also certain that chaining Exsang will feel better as a clear skill - Reap requires an AoE investment and/or Spell Cascade to have a decent coverage, whereas Exsanguinate has a lot of tendrils right off the bat, you slap Chain Support and it feels great while mapping.

3. I'm not sure if 1L lvl 20 Vaal Reap will provide enough DPS to justify using it instead of something like Righteous Fire. The numbers on the skill look good, but not that good.

4. Going for 4L may be an option, but in that case it would be wiser to go for 4L Exsang for mapping and 6L Vaal Reap as a single-target skill instead. One could go for gloves crafted with Essence of Delirium (socketed gems deal 30% more DoT) for Exsang so it feels fine while mapping. However, I don't want to change my guide to that direction just yet - I want to test it first, and then I might change the guide. For now, I'm sticking to the "old trusty".
Have you seen skill weapon passives for Exsanguinate and Reap?
100% of Exsanguinate and Reap Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
Exsanguinate debuffs deal Fire Damage per second instead of Physical Damage per second
Reap debuffs deal Fire Damage per second instead of Physical Damage per second
What do you think? Would any of these be useful in this build?
"
tr0gl wrote:
Have you seen skill weapon passives for Exsanguinate and Reap?
100% of Exsanguinate and Reap Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
Exsanguinate debuffs deal Fire Damage per second instead of Physical Damage per second
Reap debuffs deal Fire Damage per second instead of Physical Damage per second
What do you think? Would any of these be useful in this build?

Hey there!

Yes. I've seen these. I think these points can be very potent, but they fundamentally change the way our DoT works. Because of that, it would need a lot of changes: switching Vulnerability to Flammability, ditching Pride and War Banner to... idk, maybe Zealotry? changing Gladiator Ascendancy to Chieftain/Elementalist, ditching CIPs, since we couldn't use it.

It is a build-defining point, or in this case, a build-morphing point.
i'm planning on going with a fire exsangunate build this league and i'm wondering would acendent elementalist be best oo would going for a witch elementalist be best?
Hey build looks great and i'm gonna give it a go. Another PRO you could add is this build is easy on the eyes. I'm not sure how many people that will matter too but I had to let you know. :)
Quick question. I was looking at the POB and it says I'm -8% unreserved mana. I'm assuming this is due to the reservation changes. Is there a way around this or was this just an oversight with a few skills / skill tree points? Or am I just overlooking something? Thanks for the great build, used it last league!

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked at the level 100 tree and we have 1% mana lol. My bad.
Last edited by Sonof2tards on Apr 7, 2023, 3:08:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info