[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

40/40 and lv 100 done in yet another league! All on my own, never buying any challenges. In exactly 4 weeks.

This league was a lot of fun, despite all the stupid changes, drama and non-existent market. The Trickster is definitely the most powerful version of this build to date. Completely immortal in maps, only dying to uber bosses. I'm happy I decided to try this class. I have a feeling he'll probably get nerfed after this league. Enjoy it while it lasts!
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 9, 2022, 5:44:10 AM
gz to 40/40

Trickster is really fun. The league is meh. No market, stupid kalandra no crafting. I liked to craft my gear myself. Last league i bought most of them as i had not so much playtime. this league is the same, and i found some currency til now but cant buy nice things for it. The div /ex change is the most stupid thing in poe ever for me.

but as always you did your way throught the league. I have not so much motivation to play if the circumstances are like they are.
@kelvynn: You mentionned a few pages back your atlas tree using Grand Design, care to share a picture of what it looked like? Never played with that notable, seems interesting
After over a week of dropping zero significant currency (maybe 30-40c all up), I finally did my first Eater of Worlds and dropped this:

Currently going for ~4.5 div. That should get me a nicer cluster or better gear; I assume there's no real scenario for using it myself as there seems too few opportunities for +max res without having a shield.

Enjoying the build a lot, the switch to boss weapon still throws me a bit and I feel lacking in mobility in boss fights even with +76% cooldown plus divergent frostblink. I died twice in the EoW fight even though the first one is meant to be a fair bit easier (both times to the orbs you need to run and (de?)power).

EDIT: Any tips on the best ways to spend 4-5 div for this build (for someone who is doing sorta-ok with T16 maps) would be appreciated.
Last edited by King_Haart on Sep 9, 2022, 11:19:33 AM
"
AlviSVPP wrote:
@kelvynn: You mentionned a few pages back your atlas tree using Grand Design, care to share a picture of what it looked like? Never played with that notable, seems interesting

Here's an example of the tree I was using at lv 99 when I no longer cared about any league mechanincs:
Grand Design Tree

This typically gave me around 70% pack size in a random chsel+alc map. But I was also vaaling them to get more mods for the mega grind challenge. And the ones that turned into unid sometimes had 100%+ pack size. I saved those for when I randomly rolled "+20% pack size in unid maps" on a sextant - that's not very rare. And I always run maps with Fortune Favors the Brave.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 9, 2022, 11:55:28 AM
"
King_Haart wrote:
Enjoying the build a lot, the switch to boss weapon still throws me a bit and I feel lacking in mobility in boss fights even with +76% cooldown plus divergent frostblink.

You just need to get used to it. You don't have to run and dodge everything, you are VERY tanky. Frostblink once in a while, don't waste it without a reason.

You can work out a rhythm that works for most boss fights. Keep casting, try to avoid walking, just blink around. Remember that Icestorm namelocks. Once you've locked the target's name at the top of your screen, it will keep casting on it as long as you hold the button.

Another important note is that Frostblink also namelocks, and that's a BAD thing. You need to check the option [x] Attack Without Moving on the skill bar for it. Otherwise you'll see yourself blinking to the target even when you point the cursor in a different spot.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Remember that Icestorm namelocks. Once you've locked the target's name at the top of your screen, it will keep casting on it as long as you hold the button.

:O

"
Kelvynn wrote:
Another important note is that Frostblink also namelocks, and that's a BAD thing. You need to check the option [x] Attack Without Moving on the skill bar for it. Otherwise you'll see yourself blinking to the target even when you point the cursor in a different spot.

:O :O

Learning a lot today! I didn't know that, nor know about that option. This would be good info to put under the 'PlayStyle' part of the build guide.
You're not the only one who learned something. I knew about icestorm namelocking.

But not frostblink namelock, and stopped going wtf (why am I blinking backwards...am I lagging).

Lesson learned.

Waiting to get my last few alternate gems before I start looking for gear upgrades. Atlas fully open on my own (t1 to t16). A few friends/guildies were offering some boss kills so I got a few for free.

Still no luck with divines, so I'm doing chaos recipe still.
Last edited by Bellaluna1722 on Sep 9, 2022, 8:01:37 PM
A bit off topic, but we do talk about currency...

Why is Doryani's Machinarium the map 2 div, when the boots that drop are 5c-10c? What am I missing? (Especially since the boss drop appears to be deterministic.)
"
Graiaule wrote:
A bit off topic, but we do talk about currency...

Why is Doryani's Machinarium the map 2 div, when the boots that drop are 5c-10c? What am I missing? (Especially since the boss drop appears to be deterministic.)

Very rare chance to get the map? Perandus manor was also rare, so it always was high priced.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info