[3.23] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
A bit off topic, but we do talk about currency...

Why is Doryani's Machinarium the map 2 div, when the boots that drop are 5c-10c? What am I missing? (Especially since the boss drop appears to be deterministic.)

Very rare chance to get the map? Perandus manor was also rare, so it always was high priced.

Would make sense if it was on the Atlas, but it's not!

------------------------

Found out the reason. It's for completing a challenge, and the map is not optional.
Last edited by Graiaule on Sep 10, 2022, 12:55:20 AM
New video: Uber Exarch

I've done a bunch of kills and got this guy down to science. In case they add some new uber loot to all these new uber bosses one day.

1. Swap Aspect of the Spider for Arctic Armour and stand still (except for Incineration).

2. Bring 2-3 Ruby flasks that gain 3 charges when hit, endkindled with increased effect. Keep them running.

3. For the ball phase switch to the mapping staff and cyclone without moving (it works for AA). You don't want to kill the minotaur too quickly, you are leeching from him.

4. Don't bother rolling any mods. They seem to affect only the quantity/rarity of the eldritch currency. I've dropped exactly the same number of amulets and jewels in my kills with and without mods. Without mods you will rarely see any currency. With mods you will see it all the time. That's all.

Of course, right now the only reason to kill the uber version is for the challenges. The regular version doesn't spawn a minotaur during the ball phase. Bring the Writhing Jar, The Sorrow of the Divine and 1 ruby flask for it. The boss himself is trivial. With my current gear he doesn't even live to do anything more than Annihilation, then he's dead.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 10, 2022, 4:20:01 AM
New video: Uber Sirus

Another boss that shows the difference between the versions of the build. The degens in the final phase were a major pain in the ass for the fully geared Occultist and Ascendant last league. But the wonderful Mr Trickster doesn't even notice them.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
New video: Uber Exarch

I've done a bunch of kills and got this guy down to science. In case they add some new uber loot to all these new uber bosses one day.

1. Swap Aspect of the Spider for Arctic Armour and stand still (except for Incineration).

2. Bring 2-3 Ruby flasks that gain 3 charges when hit, endkindled with increased effect. Keep them running.

3. For the ball phase switch to the mapping staff and cyclone without moving (it works for AA). You don't want to kill the minotaur too quickly, you are leeching from him.

4. Don't bother rolling any mods. They seem to affect only the quantity/rarity of the eldritch currency. I've dropped exactly the same number of amulets and jewels in my kills with and without mods. Without mods you will rarely see any currency. With mods you will see it all the time. That's all.

Of course, right now the only reason to kill the uber version is for the challenges. The regular version doesn't spawn a minotaur during the ball phase. Bring the Writhing Jar, The Sorrow of the Divine and 1 ruby flask for it. The boss himself is trivial. With my current gear he doesn't even live to do anything more than Annihilation, then he's dead.

Very nice, do note that quant does affect forbidden jewels.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
King_Haart wrote:
Enjoying the build a lot, the switch to boss weapon still throws me a bit and I feel lacking in mobility in boss fights even with +76% cooldown plus divergent frostblink.

You just need to get used to it. You don't have to run and dodge everything, you are VERY tanky. Frostblink once in a while, don't waste it without a reason.

You can work out a rhythm that works for most boss fights. Keep casting, try to avoid walking, just blink around. Remember that Icestorm namelocks. Once you've locked the target's name at the top of your screen, it will keep casting on it as long as you hold the button.

Another important note is that Frostblink also namelocks, and that's a BAD thing. You need to check the option [x] Attack Without Moving on the skill bar for it. Otherwise you'll see yourself blinking to the target even when you point the cursor in a different spot.

Lol i didnd know this. A always wonder why i frostblink to mobs. Would be nice to add this to the guide description as i wonder if other people know this.
So for helmet crafting, I was able to buy this base and then essence it to this, is the final step to just hunter exalt slam and hope for the highest roll mod?

Trickster sounds little bit OP
mb inc nerf next league)
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
Very nice, do note that quant does affect forbidden jewels.

Ah so there is a reason to do it with mods then. Noted.
"
King_Haart wrote:
So for helmet crafting, I was able to buy this base and then essence it to this, is the final step to just hunter exalt slam and hope for the highest roll mod?

Yes. If the base is ilvl 75-79 then you are guaranteed an %Int suffix which will be either 6-8% (T2) or 9-10% (T1). If the base is ilvl 80+ then there are 4 more possible outcomes, so I generally don't recommend that (although you can roll more ES on high ilvl ones).
Why am i getting killed so easily? I am in act 8

https://pastebin.com/dLfVwKr8

edit: nvm made some adjustments now im doing ok
Last edited by TheChosenOne_ on Sep 10, 2022, 1:59:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info