[April 12] Initial Development Manifesto Feedback

"
SunPrice wrote:
ur 110K dualist are doing just fine on mods ,isn't it ? lol , come pvp more to see , lol, or try to reach to my level to pvp ...

lol , 100% crit chance for duelist ??? u are using daggers or sword ? lol , if it's 'increased 100% crittical chance' , it's likely about 5% extra for sword and 7-8% extra for dagger only , lol .

You missed the part about diamond flasks. When the flask gives you 100% crit you can have it regardless of what the base crit chance is. Hence he also said he can't do that build now.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
i hope u make this map system work so i can get good exp, i dont really want the items, just do leveling

that was the news i was waiting for!
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
SunPrice wrote:
ur 110K dualist are doing just fine on mods ,isn't it ? lol , come pvp more to see , lol, or try to reach to my level to pvp ...

lol , 100% crit chance for duelist ??? u are using daggers or sword ? lol , if it's 'increased 100% crittical chance' , it's likely about 5% extra for sword and 7-8% extra for dagger only , lol .

You missed the part about diamond flasks. When the flask gives you 100% crit you can have it regardless of what the base crit chance is. Hence he also said he can't do that build now.

if diamond flaks hes been romoved , then just dont bring it in ...

I think that critical hit should not be affected by those Endurancy charges . 25%-40% physical damage reduction is too much .
IGN : SunPrice - Level 89 Standard
Great to read this. A wee bit surprised by the loot options (in a good way).
RIP Bolto
"
Covert wrote:
Great to read this. A wee bit surprised by the loot options (in a good way).

I concur. The devs are being forthright and honest with the community about how things are going on at present.

This just lets me keep high hopes up as a community member for the continued success of PoE.
1337 21gn17ur3
So there's nothing even in plans to make rolling higher lvl maps viable for solo players, and yet you dare to say that your goal is equal viability of playing with group and alone. Sorry, but that's just dumb.
IGN YuanMoons
Good stuff in the manifesto overall, however this caught my eye:

"
Chris wrote:
As a long-term change, we will be making sure that many monsters have the ability to deal area of effect damage so that they're more challenging to parties and summoners.

Is this really needed? Balancing party play is propably needed, but this change could potentially make summoners pretty much unplayable, given how slow they are (albeit safe).

I have played the game solo & selffound so far, now leveling up a summoner witch. AoE spam, especially the beginning of act 3, annihilates summons in seconds. If I hadn't picked minion instability keystone early, I would have abandoned my summons altogether when I got to act 3 normal - my skeletons and zombies blowed up faster than I could summon them. Progress was really slow and painful, even though the playstyle is relatively safe. Now at lvl 58 things are better, but I can still feel noticeable spike in difficulty once AoE mobs appear.
Last edited by Sire84 on Apr 13, 2013, 4:04:52 AM
I'm sure that if something happens as a result of this, zombie and skeleton HP/nodes will be changed to compensate for it. We'll wait and see what happens.
1337 21gn17ur3
"
FenerStyler wrote:
Please, do not add an on-crit effect to physical damage to balance physical&elemental! It won't work!
On hardcore, almost every physical melee goes for resolute technique, because we cant afford going for crit build, otherwise melee would just die for lacking HP and other defenses..

Elemental damage is much better compared to Physical, because you can have 3 elemental damage types, which you can easily increase through weapon elemental damage mods on items and passive skill tree. They also doesnt decrease prozentual like physical..

To buff Physical damage, you should decrease the amount of physical damage is reduced by gems, maybe buff the physical increase damage nodes..

But if you add only on-crit effect to physical attacks, most of melee players (maybe all) on hardcore wont profit from it!

It could work and quite well, resolute technique would need a small change giving a 10% chance to get the effect on hit(same idea with static blows) and possibly 2 further nodes of 5% behind it, melee phys damage can also offer a small % to get the effect(again like the added lightning damage support gem).

As you say, most of the melee builds spec into resolute technique because they feel they need to but having an on crit effect would give the option of building crit characters...though i would expect then need to rework the skill tree to add some more crit and crit multiplier to the bottom of the tree.

If the bosses were to utilize this mechanic, a well built character wouldn't die out right on the first hit but applies the debuf, second hit would damn near kill you, and the third you're dead.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 13, 2013, 4:17:16 AM
"
SunPrice wrote:
if diamond flaks hes been romoved , then just dont bring it in ...

I think that critical hit should not be affected by those Endurancy charges . 25%-40% physical damage reduction is too much .

Did you read anything of what he said? It was relevant to the point he was making, which is why he brought it up.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info