[3.24]The dirty Scorpion-tail 63M|Arachnophilia Allstars|Chaos-Necromancy|Herald of Agony CI 90%Res

"
Pedro3051 wrote:
"
Pedro3051 wrote:
Hello my dudes! I'm a recently converted Arachnomaniac and I'm trying to push this build a bit higher - however I need help.

If anyone could check my profile, the character SummonRagincErections (Yeah, I know D:) is the one I am currently using Herald of Agony on.

Few interesting tidbits:

100% Poison Chance achieved with Divergent HoAg.
Level 30 HoAg.
All auras are active + level 20, none divertent (Tempest, Deter, Grace, HoAg, Discipline).
Got 5 Pure Agony clusters + a jewel that gives immunity to corrupted blood, can sustain 65 Virulence stacks.
Got enough mana to cast Bone Offering, Frost Shield, Molten Shell etc.
Got Melding of the Flesh at 85% max res, all res are maxed and overcapped by at least 15%.
Using 100% Chaos Conversion.
Bottled Faith + Rumi's for a 65% Attack and Spell block when Rumi's + BO are active.

And despite all that, I still don't really feel that tanky - currently, my Energy Shield is 3.3k which is low-ish but I'm unable to sqeeze in anymore at the moment unfortunately. Damage feels fine, I haven't done any insanely hard content yet but I'd like to complete Simulacrum at some point. Although deaths are rare, they do still happen. Plus the damage doesn't feel insane - but I guess that's expected since I'm not pushing to 70 Virulence at the moment due to not really having that many passive points to spare.

Got an Apothecary drop (yay) and looking to push the build further - any advice from any good fellas here would be absolutely appreciated!

Few changes I've made so far:

New unset ring with +3 for Lvl 24 Purity of Ice to 86% max res.
New Aegis Aurora with 23 Grace + 6% of phys taken converted to lightning.
New spell block large cluster + 1 more Pure Agony cluster, 74% spell block w/ Rumi's and BO.
20% catalysts on amulet + nostalgia.

Would it be worth to get an Enlighten 4 for Tempest, Deter and Discipline?

Hi SummonGreatRagingPowerErections!

Yes, when you wield United in dreams and have free sockets, enlighten is great.

I would probably use a jewel "balance of terror" and selfcast despair when you want more damage. Then use a second circle of nostalgia and max the +res with a small cluster winterprowler+2 instead the rare ring or search for a nice unique medium cluster Pure agony with 2 strong tanky skills. But for relaxed mapping the despair ring is already great.

Also changing the topaz flask to a jadeflusk buff evasion and ghost dance. Use topaz only against eater of worlds.

Try to get more es on the helmet (250 and more, eber's or rare) and on the boots (150-250) against oneshots. The spoiler "jewels and clusters": "melding of the flesh" shows how you reach 500 and more resis on all spots easy without resis on the helmet. Use a Elixier of the Unbroken circle or Vorana's iron flask (+400 ward/ es) instead manaflask also for more protection.
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 6, 2023, 8:45:56 AM
Hi, HELP ME!!!
was building a POB in a balanced defense and attack, but there is little damage, and sometimes it just kills on the maps from something. I'm killing the shaper very, very slowly.
"
NovaSG wrote:
Hi, HELP ME!!!
was building a POB in a balanced defense and attack, but there is little damage, and sometimes it just kills on the maps from something. I'm killing the shaper very, very slowly.

You can easy improve the boots, ailments-avoidances, the large cluster "advanced guard" has no benefits. Try out "united in dreams" for bosses and in open areas and "balance of terror" jewel for withers when you selfcast despair.

Use less masteries and less pathing passives in the witch-start-area and take in a small jewel "pure guile" and a +30 dex note at the path to lethe shade, push out the split personality-jewel. Get a small cluster winter prowler when possible or more spellblock.
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 6, 2023, 5:42:57 PM
Getting more ES is a pain without losing a ton of res. Guess I'll need to try something though, sub-4k makes it hard to get past sim25.

Got a nice little mega with prowler + agony + block/spell block, so pretty happy about that!

Other than the low ES, are there any other tips? I've got a swap for United in Dreams, but don't really have a jewel slot for balance in terror; should I get a 3rd voices for it?
Hey guys, could you please take a look and tell me what I could possibly improve? The main problem is that I still die a lot. Nevermind the flasks, I know they have to be re-rolled.

https://pastebin.com/ZpnuQTNx
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Pedro3051 wrote:
"
Pedro3051 wrote:
Hello my dudes! I'm a recently converted Arachnomaniac and I'm trying to push this build a bit higher - however I need help.

If anyone could check my profile, the character SummonRagincErections (Yeah, I know D:) is the one I am currently using Herald of Agony on.

Few interesting tidbits:

100% Poison Chance achieved with Divergent HoAg.
Level 30 HoAg.
All auras are active + level 20, none divertent (Tempest, Deter, Grace, HoAg, Discipline).
Got 5 Pure Agony clusters + a jewel that gives immunity to corrupted blood, can sustain 65 Virulence stacks.
Got enough mana to cast Bone Offering, Frost Shield, Molten Shell etc.
Got Melding of the Flesh at 85% max res, all res are maxed and overcapped by at least 15%.
Using 100% Chaos Conversion.
Bottled Faith + Rumi's for a 65% Attack and Spell block when Rumi's + BO are active.

And despite all that, I still don't really feel that tanky - currently, my Energy Shield is 3.3k which is low-ish but I'm unable to sqeeze in anymore at the moment unfortunately. Damage feels fine, I haven't done any insanely hard content yet but I'd like to complete Simulacrum at some point. Although deaths are rare, they do still happen. Plus the damage doesn't feel insane - but I guess that's expected since I'm not pushing to 70 Virulence at the moment due to not really having that many passive points to spare.

Got an Apothecary drop (yay) and looking to push the build further - any advice from any good fellas here would be absolutely appreciated!

Few changes I've made so far:

New unset ring with +3 for Lvl 24 Purity of Ice to 86% max res.
New Aegis Aurora with 23 Grace + 6% of phys taken converted to lightning.
New spell block large cluster + 1 more Pure Agony cluster, 74% spell block w/ Rumi's and BO.
20% catalysts on amulet + nostalgia.

Would it be worth to get an Enlighten 4 for Tempest, Deter and Discipline?

Hi SummonGreatRagingPowerErections!

Yes, when you wield United in dreams and have free sockets, enlighten is great.

I would probably use a jewel "balance of terror" and selfcast despair when you want more damage. Then use a second circle of nostalgia and max the +res with a small cluster winterprowler+2 instead the rare ring or search for a nice unique medium cluster Pure agony with 2 strong tanky skills. But for relaxed mapping the despair ring is already great.

Also changing the topaz flask to a jadeflusk buff evasion and ghost dance. Use topaz only against eater of worlds.

Try to get more es on the helmet (250 and more, eber's or rare) and on the boots (150-250) against oneshots. The spoiler "jewels and clusters": "melding of the flesh" shows how you reach 500 and more resis on all spots easy without resis on the helmet. Use a Elixier of the Unbroken circle or Vorana's iron flask (+400 ward/ es) instead manaflask also for more protection.

Okay, think I got it - got an Eber's with HoAG efficiency enchant, got a new ring + a 3rd voices for a second Grace efficiency cluster; got more all res than before (roughly 130%), got nearly 4.2k shield and went from 11-12M damage on PoB to 17M (with awake fork, 20M with awake vicious) with Eber's + 89% max res; got arakali's on swap for mapping though. Also using balance of terror + selfcast despair so finding an unset ring with high res + a ton of dex and +2/3 gem levels was much easier.

Removed charisma from anoint and got crystal skin instead - one more level to get 20% chance to avoid ailments on mastery and will see if I can get better boots with chance to avoid ailments as well as more ES as the last item.

Thanks for the tips!
https://pastebin.com/eRe5ck09

Kinda getting desperate... Even with Auls and Squire I barely can go through T16....
"
https://pastebin.com/eRe5ck09

Kinda getting desperate... Even with Auls and Squire I barely can go through T16....

Hey AtroCty,

you are stranded probably in the wrong thread and use a complete different tree.

Here the damage is dealt with Herald of Agony and the squire is only used as variation when you want to go glascannon with 89M.

I guess and I bet you are searching for the [3.18] squire-build of Kay etc.
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 9, 2023, 2:48:49 PM
Hi there. Great build, easily cleared most things with the early versions and transitioned largely deathless to the late 90s! Played spectre summoner in the past and this is good too but I miss my aggressive pets.

One thing I cant figure out: pet uptime.

Despite the PoB, i doubt the real dps is close. When dodging bosses that need a lot of dodging my dps drops to near 0 (was a problem earlier too when doing elder/shaper which made them harder than they should have been). Storm Brand can keep Virulence stacks up (although not to max) but even when branding the pet doesnt always attack. Is there a trick to getting the HoA to attack when you are busy dodging? If not you are relying on facetanking standing still to get good dps, which means this build is much less good for ubers (maybe thats ok, just disappointing).

Cheers!
"
CalmdownUK wrote:
Hi there. Great build, easily cleared most things with the early versions and transitioned largely deathless to the late 90s! Played spectre summoner in the past and this is good too but I miss my aggressive pets.

One thing I cant figure out: pet uptime.

Despite the PoB, i doubt the real dps is close. When dodging bosses that need a lot of dodging my dps drops to near 0 (was a problem earlier too when doing elder/shaper which made them harder than they should have been). Storm Brand can keep Virulence stacks up (although not to max) but even when branding the pet doesnt always attack. Is there a trick to getting the HoA to attack when you are busy dodging? If not you are relying on facetanking standing still to get good dps, which means this build is much less good for ubers (maybe thats ok, just disappointing).

Cheers!

Hi CalmdownUK!

Thank you very much!

Hehe, I loved the fast frostbolt-spectres too in 3.08 or which league was that? Hehehe, it was so much fun to try out all the spectres ;-)

Best for tickling the tail of the scorpion is predator or convocation. He always target what you yourself target, but in dungeons convocation and in sanctums predator are best.

Bossing with void sphere, cremation or storm brand you reach 90% uptime of 30 virulences. That is like a dot-damage of around 10M.

Then beside you get the peak-damage of 50M with storm burst.
In multitarget-content you have 90% uptime of 40M always with storm brands alone fullgeared with Uul-Netol's.

So, when I try to compare HoA with the [3.20] so-called meta minion srs builds, I would first note that the Allstars are builded to be much, much tankier. 87% resis, CI, watcher's eye, 1k/es on hit/sec, more defensive auras, double armour, high evasion, ghost dance or iron reflexes possible, 100% ailment-immunities, lethe shade etc. 1M-infinitive ehp, to compared squishy 120k-200k ehp of srs-builds.

Against ubers the srs-builds have some ups (I am also not sure about the real buff-uptime of support-animate-guardians and spectres of the srs-builds).
And our CI only help against Sirus and our evasion only against uber-exarch.
Instead in multitarget content the HoA is much faster clearing with the 35-40 projectiles of awakened fork and sniper's mark and it's unique range of tail.

So I am testing too if more continuous HoA-damage with pathing one more jewel slot and/or darkness enthroned-belt is for bossing better as 1-2 medium clusters pure agony in exchange.

Both concepts works great.

When you don't know the hard to detect best 10 seconds to deal the 500M against Ubers with max HoA-virulences, darkness enthroned belt with ghastly jewels minion chance to poison are better and you could add also a feeding frenzy buff with supports. Then take more resis also on the belt jewels and when needed with practical application and bandit alira.
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 8, 2023, 8:58:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info