(May 19/20) Three hour hardcore 0.9.9 race

My first race too and went quite nicely!

PS. Still didn't get my first ever exalted orb :-)
The Strongest Marauder in the (May 19/20) Three hour hardcore 0.9.9 race and proud owner of +20% virtual phiines size
Nice! It was well worth the late night here in Europe to get 20% increased size! I have to admit I was a bit lucky with my rare bows and imba quivers and whatnot though.. ;)
HoolaBandoola, creator of all things Hoola and destroyer of Rhoas.
I died at the damned lightning boss in The Ledge. Was playing with a friend ::- (. I decided to be courageous and stood too much time in front of the bastard.

Since we were 50 minutes in the contest, we abandoned. Pointless to try again since everybody else had 50 minutes advantage.

When's the next contest?

Where do you see the results of the contest? If you're still in the League when it ends? I don't see this League in the Ladder page.
My article promoting PoE:
http://www.axonnsays.com/2013/01/you-are-invited-to-the-path-of-exile-open-beta

Running PoE on an Intel i5 2500K, Radeon 7950 OC, SSD Vertex 3 MI, 8 GB RAM.
I'm also a Software Engineer and Indie Game Developer ::- ). Go Go GGG!!!
Grats to all winners!
I forgot about the race and started 15mins late. Then I died 40mins after that when the false god crit me three times in a row, lol.
Remade again and still ended up placing and getting a spot prize.
Heh. =)
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
What??? You started 15 minutes late, got killed by the same boss as me and then you managed to win something? OMG. I'm such an idiot for not retrying LOL.

So when's the next contest?
My article promoting PoE:
http://www.axonnsays.com/2013/01/you-are-invited-to-the-path-of-exile-open-beta

Running PoE on an Intel i5 2500K, Radeon 7950 OC, SSD Vertex 3 MI, 8 GB RAM.
I'm also a Software Engineer and Indie Game Developer ::- ). Go Go GGG!!!
Congrats everyone!
RIP Bolto
"
Kyliathy wrote:
What??? You started 15 minutes late, got killed by the same boss as me and then you managed to win something? OMG. I'm such an idiot for not retrying LOL

Yeah! When it's a HC ladder race, who knows what can happen to people ahead of you, especially now with the enhanced mobs and rescaled weapons.

If I happen to die in the first hour, I always remake because I know I can still make the bottom tier spot prize (level 13) in the time remaining. If the RNG gods are on my side, sometimes I even get a chance to run for a class prize!
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on May 19, 2012, 9:59:46 PM
"
Garr0t wrote:

If I happen to die in the first hour, I always remake because I know I can still make the bottom tier spot prize (level 13) in the time remaining. If the RNG gods are on my side, sometimes I even get a chance to run for a class prize!

Exactly. I had a similar run... doing well with a duelist, but bit the dust with some weedy playing chasing after a necromancer in the prison.

Respawned as a shadow, and recovered well enough to grab a second place in class and make it all the way to level 20.

Now, I still had 2hr 30 min to recover as I died early enough. Persistence pays off.
"
Chris wrote:
"
Frog wrote:
In a party of 6, the bosses are so strong that they kill a TANK character in 2 hits.

Monsters do not do more damage when there are more players in the instance!

Crap...

I have no more excuses for my noobness XD
Interesting. Yes please don't listen to the rabid forumers I already find some of them overserious to death, their ideas would probably make the game EXTREMELY boring ...

-Frog
In my solo runs i was ranger but they forced me to take marauder ... because another guy in my party was ranger... and then all practice was for nothing.. :[
Interesting. Yes please don't listen to the rabid forumers I already find some of them overserious to death, their ideas would probably make the game EXTREMELY boring ...

-Frog

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info