(May 19/20) Three hour hardcore 0.9.9 race

Great event!

Get ready to have your asses kicked, LOSERS!
Interesting. Yes please don't listen to the rabid forumers I already find some of them overserious to death, their ideas would probably make the game EXTREMELY boring ...

-Frog
no more CT love?
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
ikr
<3 exploding minions
"
btw, some1 here got a pic or something to show what those items are doing? A link from the forum maybe?

Unavailable

A perfect version has 20 rarity and 20 allres. Not exactly gamebreaking mods, even at lvl 10.

The increased size, otoh...
IGN: KoTao
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
best item ever, 20% bigger T&A my friend!
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
closed only or public stress?
Last edited by RaVeLLRoN on May 19, 2012, 8:27:11 AM
"
RaVeLLRoN wrote:
closed only or public stress?
We are still in Closed beta, if theres another stress test weekend, im sure they will make a big deal out of it so you will know =).
Summary: Beta members only (Closed)
"
Chris wrote:
"
"
Chris wrote:
The decision has been made: Demigod's Presences will move to Open Beta (avoiding the wipe).

What about ones earned from 0.9.8 events?

Presences from Legacy and Default will both be merged into the one Default Open Beta league. The hardcore ones will go to Open Beta Hardcore.

When is this open beta expected to start?
I am currently looking for a beta key. If anyone is willing to be so kind, please PM me. Thank you in advance :)
"
Chris wrote:
"
Coldet wrote:

IF it is for "Trophy" only reasons then the character required levels could perhaps be changed to level 100 - I'm sure no one would have any objections at all to that.

It is indeed a trophy, but the only useful game properties that it has (resistances and a little item rarity) are easily outclassed by any other good amulets. If those mods are highly competitive with other amulets, then they can be rebalanced to lower values so that the amulet has entirely trophy value.

It is an amazing amulet at level 8 (though you *can* get better with a huge amount of luck).
When you are on your first character, it is useful til level 30-40 at least (those resists are very useful, especially in .9.9.
Once you have a level 60-70 that can grind for gear and such though... it is nearly worthless except as a trophy item.

If it were to *truly* be a trophy item, then we would either need a trophy equip slot, or for it to do its "character size increase" effect while in the inventory.

Personally, I don't mind some people having a small early game advantage if they won races. There will be plenty of people with them (and IMDisappoint is going to have like 30 I think, but its tradable).
There are two cases where "buying power" really matters.

1) Items that significantly alter the play experience (new skill gems), or are simply too far above non-pay items on the power curve (ie, being able to buy a 100-200 damage, speed 2.00 weapon at level 1).
2) Items that are above, or effectively above, the power level attained at the end of the game.

Outside those cases, "better" items are a fairly trivial matter, and make far less of a difference then people who are very lucky, or even just those who have high level friends.
NewDude: I killed Brutus. Now I have no quest. So what now?
Guy: I guess there are people that NEED quests for direction.
Guy2: I always wonder how those people get through life.
GuyMontag: They get married. Wives are like quest-givers.
"
tookoolkris wrote:

When is this open beta expected to start?

June-ish. Go to "pre-purchase" to see their current estimate.
NewDude: I killed Brutus. Now I have no quest. So what now?
Guy: I guess there are people that NEED quests for direction.
Guy2: I always wonder how those people get through life.
GuyMontag: They get married. Wives are like quest-givers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info