(May 19/20) Three hour hardcore 0.9.9 race

GMT +2
It will be 00:00 20 May 2012

Regarding the items that are being transferred into Open Beta:
I'm actually very disappointed that anything other than our "Kiwi's" will survive the wipe. That will certainly be classed as unfair advantage.

A wipe should ALWAYS be a FULL wipe.
I'm BACK :)
^^ but these are unique beta items so they will never be available in open unless they get moved.
"
siffin wrote:
^^ but these are unique beta items so they will never be available in open unless they get moved.

Hi Siffin - I hear you - however, them being "unique beta items" is all the more reason why they should NOT be available in Open Beta. Now you could say I'm just jealous because I don't have one but I can honestly say I have had no problem with all the wipes we've had thus far. I came into the Beta with FULL knowledge that I would have ZERO items when the game goes Open.

As it stands we have all been extremely privileged to play the Closed Beta (some the Alpha) which in itself gives us a HUGE advantage over the players that will only be gaining access to the game come Open Beta. It would add insult to injury to allow a handful of players to keep extremely valuable items. If that is to happen, there should be no wipe at all.

IF it is for "Trophy" only reasons then the character required levels could perhaps be changed to level 100 - I'm sure no one would have any objections at all to that.

"
Chris wrote:
The decision has been made: Demigod's Presences will move to Open Beta (avoiding the wipe) and will also only be available from Closed Beta events. There will be new items for Open Beta events.

could of said about this before -,-/. Now I will have to try again, even though the amount of times I get cheaply killed I am playing other stuff now, but there will always be a place in my heart for the PoE events.
Cutthroat + HC, Be ready to get heartbroken !
how dare you pique my interest! too bad I wont win though, I might as well try. So what now, do I not pick templar?

EDIT (For timing): Sunday, 8am *AEST
Last edited by Metronomy on May 18, 2012, 5:32:33 AM
Aww man... This is at 6pm EDT. I don't even get done work 'til 6. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky like last event :p
"
Coldet wrote:

IF it is for "Trophy" only reasons then the character required levels could perhaps be changed to level 100 - I'm sure no one would have any objections at all to that.

It is indeed a trophy, but the only useful game properties that it has (resistances and a little item rarity) are easily outclassed by any other good amulets. If those mods are highly competitive with other amulets, then they can be rebalanced to lower values so that the amulet has entirely trophy value.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Getting the thread back on track :)

Yay! Yay! Yay!

I'm literally sitting on a job-site playing PoE on a mobile connection while my guys are sanding a floor all around me - the dust is uuurg.

Anyway the point is I always run a Templar for the ladder races. Um no that's not true. I ran a shadow on the last one. He died to (Merveils Daughter the one that sparks). Today I'm trying out a Marauder for the job. Can't believe I've never actually even tried a Marauder at all yet.
Let's keep this thread focused on the upcoming event. If you're so inclined, please feel free to continue discussing GGG's choice about Demigod's Presence in a new thread in the Beta General Discussion forum.
Forum Sheriff
All my friends are out of town this weekend. This is gonna suck as a solo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info