Effects Feedback Thread (Spells ,Waterfalls ,Falling leaves ect.)

I'm not saying bigger explosions with the skills that you use but like an aura or light that just appears by you the character, or something like that. Having numbers just pop up around the screen is pretty ugly and at the moment this game is aesthetically pleasing.
One thing would be a good addition:

The ledge could use some waves splashing and sounds effects that go with it. It's a large 80/90% cliff and the water creates no splashes. It just goes up and down.

One fix that needs to be made:

Whenever there is a fire on the grass... let's say from fire trap (but it applies to any fire), grass pulsates every second or so. It's a bit weird... as if it thinks that there's a collision every second or so.

"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
I agree with adding crit numbers above heads would not suit the game, maybe a subtle glow of the weapon or something...
I mean going overboard with this is also not my intention since other skills should be recognisable, but now I basically cannot say when I crit at all.
I think an explosion or burst of light when you crit would be cool.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
I hope you soon may fix "Blood rage"+"Chilled" effects. Annoying thing.

I really like how some areas done,all dungeons are perfect. You have very good shadow effects,i hope you use them to improve areas what don't looks very good now.
I like area effects in "Mud Flats","The Ship Graveyard" and weather effect in "The ledge".
ign: Bikvin
Last edited by triada13 on May 14, 2012, 8:37:48 AM
I think that Righteous Fire should actually light the caster on fire. The current aesthetics for the spell in general are very underwhelming.
If I'm doing this wrong, sorry.

I'm also pretty sure this has been said before, but I'll mention it again anyway.
I think that enchanted weapons -er, weapons with elemental damage on them, should have an appropriate particle effect.

For instance, a sword with added fire damage ought to be on fire. Or perhaps be glowing red (as though the metal is heated up.)

I've played several other loot-fest games that do this. It's even more rewarding to have not only a more powerful sword, but one that's visibly on fire.

Also
"
I also dont have material detection so I cant do things like footprints , dust kicking up when running , water splashes and rocks and dust that chink out when you shoot walls or ground with arrows.

Is this just for now?
Do you plan on having these types of abilities later?

'Cause wading through the water and having nothing happen just looks really odd. If you do something like this later, try for actual ripples and waves, rather than just a splash particle effect.

Also, I'm okay with tiny (read: almost unnoticeable) dust clouds from footstep. But having big poofs of dust or leaves with every step is often overdone and looks ridiculous.

From the effects I'm seen so far, they look really nice.
Shockwave totems seem a bit... I don't know, excessive?
I throw on down and them it's just chaos. For something that currently doesn't do a whole lot of damage, it sure looks powerful

And on that note, do you add particle effects or make skills look more impressive as they level up?

If not, it would be cool if you did.
GGG must keep the realistic effects!!!!
So how is the new effects implementations going on Russell?
Can we see some footprints,better waves on water and such any soon or is it still long way to go ?
Thx for the heads up
Duelist is a intersting melee fighter as anyother character, however,I feel like he misses an agressive unique range attack or animation for a skill? Like a "Sonic Boom" or "Sonic blast" from "Dragon Force"(it's a Sega Saturn old game to those who don't know it,if you need to get an idea) would be kind of cool for this game,ofc every other character should had one unique skill too,like he could only use it when he meet some specific conditions.

To those intersting of what i'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlpwCL2G6us
-------------------------------------------

Animation aspect should be more agressive generally,I know this a obscure and dark game,but this is not old Diablo , it can remind you but it isn't, and there's no point if we can't feel that all characters want to show revenge or ultimate duty in every single blow they own...
Last edited by deadcombo on May 24, 2012, 4:16:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info