Effects Feedback Thread (Spells ,Waterfalls ,Falling leaves ect.)

Alright so

Hmm there isn't actually that much to write here because a lot of the questions arnt really to do with me or just require tech.

Anyway first off:

"
Viral wrote:
Is it possible to change the way highlight entrances and waypoints are? When i hover over one of them and the thing just turn white, i get a really bad impression. Dont take me wrong, the game looks nice and definitely improved over the last months, but it just looks...:(

Yes the entrances and waypoint highlights will get something better than what they are currently. However not now. I know it looks fuggly as but think of how many entrances and exits and highlights there are. Now id have to go over every single one of those and add effects too it... Which I will. I just dont have the time at the moment. When I get around to fixing it people will go "cool!" however its not a feature that will keep them playing the game :P.

Next

"
EliteZealot wrote:
Just a thought I would like to leave here regarding Light Radius.

I thought it would fit the context if the light radius in a cavern had the effect of a torchlight or candle fire. Presently to me it seems like a high powered LED light is shining above my character. Just my oppinion.

Yes I agree. However I did not create the light so I cant do much about it : <.

It seems the light in caves and dungeons is always bright white like a LED. It can be coloured but again not in charge of that.

"
BrecMadak wrote:
"
EliteZealot wrote:
Just a thought I would like to leave here regarding Light Radius.

I thought it would fit the context if the light radius in a cavern had the effect of a torchlight or candle fire. Presently to me it seems like a high powered LED light is shining above my character. Just my oppinion.

Exactly, the light should fade out smoothly, and not cut off as of now. Also its aoe should be decreased, its just WAY too big that its not realistic, and breaks the immersion and excitement imo.

Edit: Let me expand more, actually had mentioned this issue a few times before, but got unnoticed sadly. I think the light radius should be like the one in Blade of Darkness, just see. Just look at when the torch is dropped to ground and see its random lightening close to the wall. The very first game that uses Physics Dynamic lights, which was done back in the year 2001.

So i must ask you; is this hard to implement this with a low burning sound of fire, which would be even more epic ?
Btw of corpse you will not carry the torch with your hands, i just mean its lightening into indoors

I dont know what your talking about with "the light cuts out". If your talking about the falloff gradient it goes from 100-0 brightness. Its completely linear. Thats how light looks. However I do agree we need to fix it up so it looks like its fading out correctly. Even if it is.

Yes I would also like the flickering torch thing. Again though I am not in charge of the lighting. The only environment settings and lighting iv ever had control of is the fetid pools and the first town.

If you guys want to talk about lighting start a thread in beta feedback.

Next

"
Umm im not entirely sure but has the things mentioned in OP been added? Trails and bloomy particals

If not which havn't and when will they?

If those 2 tech features had been added you would hear me screaming from from the highest mountain in new Zealand so the whole world could hear.

Also there would be trails and bloom everywhere effects wise :P

Next

"
sakalthor wrote:
If this have been sorted earlier - sorry for the post.

IMO the only effect/animation that is standing out as "weird" is water. Best observable from the act2 camp in a place where you can see the ocean - it looks like something from Warcraft II :)
Zillions of tiny waves that looks all the same and the water itself look too ... eh, plastic?
If the change is not doable maybe adding some rocks, bays, coves, sandbanks or wrecks would help to make it look more eye candy?

Yes we really need a calm water material. We also need reflections on our water. Another thing making the water look like plastic.

I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Yo Russell quick suggestion here.
How about adding an effect to the necromancer's summoning animation?

I was thinking of something like the black particles around my wizard here when he is casting a necromancy spell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qumywEW1nuU (for example at 1:54 or 2:21)
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on Jul 6, 2012, 9:14:10 AM
"
dust7 wrote:

I was thinking of something like the black particles around my wizard here when he is casting a necromancy spell:

sure. They have an effect at the moment but its pretty pathetic.

Just gotta finish this patches stuff first.
y im slept?
Awesome! You really russell my jimmies.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on Jul 6, 2012, 2:29:49 PM
"
Russell wrote:
"
dust7 wrote:

Might I suggest it's like a black stream of energy from the Necromancer's hands? That can help in identifying the location of the Necromancers as they have a tendency to be hidden behind walls.

Another idea I think would be cool is if the particles were like puppet strings pulling the skeletons/zombies back up onto their feet. Their current animation reminds me of ventroliquism anyway, and I think I would be a cool concept to pursue.

EDIT: Punctuation.
Last edited by Killas900 on Jul 6, 2012, 10:53:43 PM
"
Killas900 wrote:
"
Russell wrote:
"
dust7 wrote:

Might I suggest it's like a black stream of energy from the Necromancer's hands? That can help in identifying the location of the Necromancers as they have a tendency to be hidden behind walls.

Another idea I think would be cool is if the particles were like puppet strings pulling the skeletons/zombies back up onto their feet. Their current animation reminds me of ventroliquism anyway, and I think I would be a cool concept to pursue.

EDIT: Punctuation.

if you draw it or give an example I can give it a go
y im slept?
"
If those 2 tech features had been added you would hear me screaming from from the highest mountain in new Zealand so the whole world could hear.

Also there would be trails and bloom everywhere effects wise :P

Need dat video when happens :), Sweden is somewhat far away and you would probably wake me up :(

Just a question about the effects on skills in general. At the moment one thing that in my opinion lacks is apperance. The visual progress is somewhat dull imo. Do you guys have any plans to add any extra effects to the gems as you progress? An example might be having the gem level and effects scaling together? Or even adding extra things to the environment as you progress to the harder difficulties would seemingly make you feel stronger.
Last edited by neroscapegod on Jul 6, 2012, 11:58:17 PM
"
Russell wrote:

if you draw it or give an example I can give it a go

Okay I made a quick mock up of the first idea, I don't have my tablet on me and I'm more of a level designer than I am a VA Artist so it looks pretty poopy.

http://iforce.co.nz/i/mwypj4g2.skq.jpg

The trail would probably last a bit over a second, just enough to help people identify the general direction of the Necromancers.

The orangey-yellow colour of the lights look kinda iffy, I personally think a crimson or a royal purple might be better.

I imagined some sort of visually striking effect, something similar to whirling blades with the strong contrast between the black and turquoise. In my opinion, it would make the Necromancers seem more threatening and so subconsciously direct players to target the necros.

However, it might be misconstrued as a direct attack on the players unless a similar lighting effect to the necros is played underneath the resurrected undead, perhaps signalling an exchange or transferal of energy of some sort. It might also create too much visual clutter.
Hmmm so he has like a beam that travels too the summoned creature? If so yeah I can do that.

I went with the orange blacky type colours because it fit the environment and the necro better than any other colour.

Ill draw and example of what I can try get us to do.

Sorry my pics not awesome but you should get the point : )

The thing you drew would require trails for it to look correct and fluid
y im slept?
This may sounds stupid, but in the "more gore" mod that can be bought from the cash shop in the future, would it be possible to add blood spattering on the screen a bit when critical hits occur? I say this because currently crits are the most bloody part of the game, and it'd be cool if that continued with the more gore mod, and I think this would be a cool, if maybe gimmicky, way to do it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info