(Unsupported) Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Absolution-Slave Drivers Necromancer

"
yissus wrote:
Why we drop vitality when finish act 10 If we dont have uber lab yet and dont have the block of bone offering?. Its not risky?

At that point you are doing white maps and low yellow maps, and defense should be enough.
But keep vitality if you want.
"
Isomorphin wrote:
With the body armour you suggested either using the unique one that will let you use health instead of mana to cast your spells or use mana flasks / stick to 4 links only. I see a third option: Use lifetap as the sixth gem until you get the unique. That way you have 5 links without mana problems.

What do you think?

That would work somewhat.
Life tap support puts a multiplier on life used.
It makes the skill use a LOT more life.
Last edited by Odif on Feb 7, 2022, 1:48:59 PM
Question on Sentinel of Absolution unit levels and gem levels -- how do they correlate?

You can see the damage that they do depends heavily on their level (the lvl 84/82/78/73/68 tabs) here:
https://poedb.tw/us/Sentinel_of_Absolution

But what level of Absolution gem do I need to get a level 84/82/78/73/68 Absolution Sentinel? I can't seem to find that anywhere.
well well, I found Odif and his shenanigan's again

I ran your skellie mages when u first posted it on SSF long time ago

This league I started my own SSF absolution necro and was doing very well, then a 21/20 raise spectre dropped...first thing I was thinking was add slave drivers and then I found this build

I'm currently using 3 charnge/power monkeys for charges and will probably will test slave drivers instead

I'm using skitter bots +unbound ailments instead of generosity + wrath, it's a bit less damage but uses less mana and add a defensive chill

Also a 5 linked fleshcrafter might be a huge upgrade to the build, i'm sure it will drop eventually

The only thing I hate about absolution is the ramp up on big bosses, it take forever to get them up.

Edit: the SD feels better on dps but then I took them heisting and lost 3/4 despite having a strong recovery for their health
They are as squishy as ever on harder content and absolution was very strong for leveling. I see no reason to use them.
Last edited by snowmittens on Feb 8, 2022, 10:13:57 AM
Hey odif, about this build, if i have "curse enemies with Conductivity on hit" on the ring, do i still need the "trigger socketed spells when you use a skill"? for the bone offering?
"
Melador wrote:
Question on Sentinel of Absolution unit levels and gem levels -- how do they correlate?

You can see the damage that they do depends heavily on their level (the lvl 84/82/78/73/68 tabs) here:
https://poedb.tw/us/Sentinel_of_Absolution

But what level of Absolution gem do I need to get a level 84/82/78/73/68 Absolution Sentinel? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

Each level of Absolution gives your minions about 11.5% more base damage, up to level 30. After level 30 the gains are much less.
"
snowmittens wrote:
well well, I found Odif and his shenanigan's again

I ran your skellie mages when u first posted it on SSF long time ago

This league I started my own SSF absolution necro and was doing very well, then a 21/20 raise spectre dropped...first thing I was thinking was add slave drivers and then I found this build

I'm currently using 3 charnge/power monkeys for charges and will probably will test slave drivers instead

I'm using skitter bots +unbound ailments instead of generosity + wrath, it's a bit less damage but uses less mana and add a defensive chill

Also a 5 linked fleshcrafter might be a huge upgrade to the build, i'm sure it will drop eventually

The only thing I hate about absolution is the ramp up on big bosses, it take forever to get them up.

Edit: the SD feels better on dps but then I took them heisting and lost 3/4 despite having a strong recovery for their health
They are as squishy as ever on harder content and absolution was very strong for leveling. I see no reason to use them.

Ya, Slave Drivers really help smooth out the "i have no absolution minions" moments.

And ya, Slave Drivers are squishy.
They do fine in regular maps, but in certain rippy content, they die.
"
Slymal wrote:
Hey odif, about this build, if i have "curse enemies with Conductivity on hit" on the ring, do i still need the "trigger socketed spells when you use a skill"? for the bone offering?

You dont NEED a trigger wand ever, it's just a huge QoL thing.
Two less buttons to push.
Currently working through the league at a more pedestrian pace than usual (who'd have kids right?), and enjoying so far. Just noticed there's no guidance on belts, am I right in presuming a a standard Life+Res setup or stygian?

Also, any recommendations on suitable transition minion-builds for red maps and beyond?
Thanks!
"
mr_tom wrote:
Currently working through the league at a more pedestrian pace than usual (who'd have kids right?), and enjoying so far. Just noticed there's no guidance on belts, am I right in presuming a a standard Life+Res setup or stygian?

Also, any recommendations on suitable transition minion-builds for red maps and beyond?
Thanks!

Thanks for finding that.
I added a short belt bit.

As far as transition minion builds....
You can take absolution to do the endgame.
Or you can go skeleton mage.
Or if you have currency, Arakali's Fang spiders.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info