(Unsupported) Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Absolution-Slave Drivers Necromancer

"
Ok, finally got around to looking at your PoB.
A few different choices on the passive tree than I made, but similar enough. (I deliberately did not use cluster jewels, to make it more newbie friendly)

BUT!

You made a dps calculation error.
You have the absolution minions doing DEFAULT attacks.
They cast Absoltion spell (and thats all they do)
If you set it to Absolution spell, then they do way more dps.

Hey,
In the tree I have/had two setups, one with cluster jewels and one without, in order to keep the tree as accessible as possible with your target audience. That being said and knowing how powerful minion clusters are it was too tempting for me to at least add an upgrade from the first tree with one cluster, especially since the position of it enables to grab death attunement with points rather than anoints, opening up very interesting options (like testudo).

Other than that - you're right, big mistake, no idea how I've missed that. That makes the build quite a lot stronger. Was wondering about that anyway, as it seemed too low for me - glad you caught that! :)
Selected this for the atlas invasion event. I'm not a newbie, but I can say with certainty that even loosely following this guide has yielded potent results. It certainly helps that in this particular event that leveling uniques were raining like cats and dogs, but even without them it would be fine with sufficient gear management.

Unless drastic changes happen for 3.17, this will likely be a fine league starter build.
"
Omega333 wrote:
Selected this for the atlas invasion event. I'm not a newbie, but I can say with certainty that even loosely following this guide has yielded potent results. It certainly helps that in this particular event that leveling uniques were raining like cats and dogs, but even without them it would be fine with sufficient gear management.

Unless drastic changes happen for 3.17, this will likely be a fine league starter build.

Thanks for the feedback.

And ya, Atlas Invasion was raining uniques.
Several people in my guild got multiple tabulas in the first hour.
One guildy had 5 tabulas in the first 2 hours.
Yesterday I began testing the build in a league start environment.

I will post my experiences in the 3 post of this thread.

Based on my experiences have have tweaked the leveling portion of the build, in some cases a lot, for example, using Vitality aura a LOT longer before dropping it.
Allright, here are my results from the first 2 playthroughs:

Time to maps 5h 45 solo while testing and swapping gems, so roughly 5 hours if played in a decent. Speed stays somewhat strong until mid yellow maps. I was able to push to level 81 in a matter of 10is hours, using only classic core items that u can buy for a few chaos, namely tabula and the wraithlord helmet.

I decided not to level with absolution and went the classic skeleton-infernal legion route with is bonkers for campaign, as this build kicks in especially once you hit the 3rd spectre so I waited for BA to swap. Lost a lot of time on the swap - better prep and more training would speed this up a lot. The dps of that build is just stupid - I decided to run it again in the atlas invasion and im again 81 and in t7/t8 maps after roughly 14 hours (slower due to atlas bosses and due to testing a different setup in between) and the main problem is the survivability right now, which is totally my own fault though as I am wearing too many uniques with not enough life.

Just with the +2 helmet the spectres + the absolution minions demolish everything, once you add a shrieking essence of fear on a random weapon the content becomes trivial, facing that it shreds through this event and a normal league start is far less dangerous I can fully recommend this setup, apart from the early leveling, which can be improved by a lot.
Last edited by Vennto on Dec 25, 2021, 11:17:03 PM
"
Vennto wrote:
Allright, here are my results from the first 2 playthroughs:

Time to maps 5h 45 solo while testing and swapping gems, so roughly 5 hours if played in a decent. Speed stays somewhat strong until mid yellow maps. I was able to push to level 81 in a matter of 10is hours, using only classic core items that u can buy for a few chaos, namely tabula and the wraithlord helmet.

I decided not to level with absolution and went the classic skeleton-infernal legion route with is bonkers for campaign, as this build kicks in especially once you hit the 3rd spectre so I waited for BA to swap. Lost a lot of time on the swap - better prep and more training would speed this up a lot. The dps of that build is just stupid - I decided to run it again in the atlas invasion and im again 81 and in t7/t8 maps after roughly 14 hours (slower due to atlas bosses and due to testing a different setup in between) and the main problem is the survivability right now, which is totally my own fault though as I am wearing too many uniques with not enough life.

Just with the +2 helmet the spectres + the absolution minions demolish everything, once you add a shrieking essence of fear on a random weapon the content becomes trivial, facing that it shreds through this event and a normal league start is far less dangerous I can fully recommend this setup, apart from the early leveling, which can be improved by a lot.

Thank you for the feedback.
Ok, my testing has revealed a flaw in the build.
MANA
With the Absolution in a 6 link, were are constantly struggling with mana.

I came up with 2 possible solutions

Choice 1 (recommended)
Use the unique body armor The Covenant

This solves all your mana issues.

Choice 2
Use 2 enduring mana flasks, get as much +max mana and +% mana regen on gear as you can.

I have altered the guide to reflect this.
"
Odif wrote:
Ok, my testing has revealed a flaw in the build.
MANA
With the Absolution in a 6 link, were are constantly struggling with mana.

I came up with 2 possible solutions

Choice 1 (recommended)
Use the unique body armor The Covenant

This solves all your mana issues.

Choice 2
Use 2 enduring mana flasks, get as much +max mana and +% mana regen on gear as you can.

I have altered the guide to reflect this.

I have no mana problems at all as long as I am running one enduring flask.
Hello!
Nice build idea, thx for sharing man!

Playtesting it in Atlas invasion
EZ yellowmapping on a budget

Mana is a issue and the solution you provided is not cheap :/ (180c in league atm)

I think i'll prob go the enduring mana route

Toying around i've add 3 Lighting Golems in a amplification rod They deal a good chunk of damage and ez to put on
(previously i had the Slave Drivers in there, it's very nice but pain to summon because of non removable spell echo; there is a trick with a second wand tho)

Have to add 4 unique jewels also for it to work so it's just for fun, prob far from optimal because " mid game " jewel with some life and generic minion cast speed/damage prob more damage overall

Also i've noticed

+ 2 socketed helmet
lvl 20 raise spectre

ups the gem level to 25 so we have access to the 4th spectre for cheap

Last conductivity on hit ring makes too much sense to pass up because you already shooting Absolution on mobs, very great QoL

Hava great year ending all
Last edited by Promaore on Dec 28, 2021, 5:56:56 PM
"
Promaore wrote:
Hello!
Nice build idea, thx for sharing man!

Playtesting it in Atlas invasion
EZ yellowmapping on a budget

Mana is a issue and the solution you provided is not cheap :/ (180c in league atm)

I think i'll prob go the enduring mana route

Also i've noticed

+ 2 socketed helmet
lvl 20 raise spectre

ups the gem level to 25 so we have access to the 4th spectre for cheap

Last conductivity on hit ring makes too much sense to pass up because you already shooting Absolution on mobs, very great QoL

Hava great year ending all

Thank you for your feedback.

Ya, if a 6 link Covenant is too expensive, you can do enduring flask route, or a 5 link covenant.

Conductivity ring is now in the build as a top recommended upgrade.

And there are lots of ways to get to spectre level 25.
I went with buying corrupted 20/20 spectre gem, as they are often cheap after the first week, as power users try and get a 21/20 gem.
Level 20 gem, 2 from helm, 2 from ascendency, 1 from weapon = 25

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info