[3.18] Gryph's Tank Simulator - A Detonate Dead Ignite Elementalist

"
NoImagination wrote:
40/40 and level 100. Build is good. While farming blue altars from 99 to 100, getting a Divine Shrine didn't make me appreciably tankier.

It's a lot more expensive than last league due to Aegis Aurora and Ashes of the Stars prices, but only the former is necessary. The cost of Phantasmal Unearth also made it mildly painful early on.

For anyone who cares: 2.9m million /kills, 45m peak DPS, non-vaal DD 30m DPS. 89 max resist, 120k armour, 6.6k HP pool, +126% ms, plus all the normal stuff that comes with the build. Obviously a lot invested to reach that stage - mageblood etc.

Improvements
Anyone looking for improvements on what I've done should consider getting increased effect of non-curse auras on the body, it's going to be dozens of exalts with recombinators and the other mods, but it will let you hit 90% max resists, amongst other goodies. I suggest delve life + elevated explosion prefixes, plus t1 chaos + elevated aura suffixes as your target, you can get 50% recombination rate if you duplicate a (desired) prefix and suffix for the combinator.

I wanted to get corpse level 96, but if you get empower 5, you can drop the +1 on the wand, and recombinator a 10% better DPS wand (26% dot prefix, 38% fire dot prefix, plus 10% of fire as chaos suffix for the recombinator, then multimod crafted dot suffix + fire damage). Would also cost dozens of exalts, but less than chest as the base is cheaper than double-elevated crusader/redeemer.

I couldn't find a good way to fit in voices, or a second impossible escape. I didn't realise until I tried it, but impossible escape can't be socketed in a cluster jewel, so it really limits our options there. Seems to me that there must be a good way though. Second megalomaniac also maybe something we could fit in.

Enlighten 5 & perfect Ashes would let me drop another reservation efficiency passive, which could perhaps go with a life node to reach Doryani's Lesson or Disorienting Display. And there are loads of tiny things that would help, so the character ended up far from perfect (I didn't even bother getting a boot enchant, despite crit chance being great for Elemental Overload).

I imagine that all this would get you safely over 50m peak DPS, 90 all resists, and perhaps 150k armour. I just stopped because doing the atlas grinds was very, very, boring.

Gear:
I crafted all the rares except the cluster jewels, mostly with recombinators, so if anyone wants the steps for something, just ask.

Edit: hahahahahahahaha

Very nice! Could you post your POB too?
Ahh, wonderful.

"
Gryphenprey wrote:

https://pastebin.com/evTraWB6

I feel like I'm now being tested by teacher, but hopefully not done anything too stupid in config...
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 2, 2022, 4:31:16 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:
Ahh, wonderful.

"
Gryphenprey wrote:

https://pastebin.com/evTraWB6

I feel like I'm now being tested by teacher, but hopefully not done anything too stupid in config...

Haha nah, it's nothing crazy like that. I just wanted to check your corpse life. I have finally cracked the code on it and can make 100% accurate corpse life for Unearth...which I will be making a video on in the next day or so.

That said, it takes your damage down to 28.1m on Vaal DD and 18.7m on normal DD. Which is still VERY good.

https://youtu.be/5BhNC5Ngt6E
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jul 3, 2022, 1:15:21 AM
Slowly working my way up the levels here and feeling relatively unkillable now with Enduring Composure (finally) and by sacrificing ~15% DPS for +30% eHP and some reservation so when I finally get Ashes (which, let's be real, will probably happen in standard at this rate) I can fit another aura in there.

Anyway, what would you guys do with the last prefix on this sceptre?

"
intesafarlig wrote:
Slowly working my way up the levels here and feeling relatively unkillable now with Enduring Composure (finally) and by sacrificing ~15% DPS for +30% eHP and some reservation so when I finally get Ashes (which, let's be real, will probably happen in standard at this rate) I can fit another aura in there.

+1 all spells or +1 phys spells for the last prefix. Specifically to boost Unearth level. +1 all spells is better ofc because it boosts all your auras as well.

that said....without an open suffix to block attack mods I don't know how I would go about getting a +1 onto that. xD
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
intesafarlig wrote:

+1 all spells or +1 phys spells for the last prefix. Specifically to boost Unearth level. +1 all spells is better ofc because it boosts all your auras as well.

that said....without an open suffix to block attack mods I don't know how I would go about getting a +1 onto that. xD

What I'm hearing here is "close eyes and slam"
"
intesafarlig wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
intesafarlig wrote:

What I'm hearing here is "close eyes and slam"

Uhhh, probably your best bet is to just make another sceptre. xD BUT HEY JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SLAM! Just as Chris Wilson intended.
I'm struggling with how to progress further. I've killed shaper, though I died 5 times doing so. I'm fairly squishy against burst damage. I specifically didn't want to go ES this league. Anyone have any tips? My thought was Primal Aegis + phys=>Ele will give my poor 4.7k buffer more to work with. I'm trying to push DPS harder than survivability, but I also can't get POB to give me accurate readings on my DPS. I have achieved level 30 unearth through my staff though.

Any thoughts on how to improve this? Rumis is always active while clearing, so I have 75% block chance for attacks, spell block is kind of weak but whatever, mostly what kills me is physical burst and crits anyway.

https://pastebin.com/CGUCAqvv

Spoiler
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
anubite wrote:
I'm struggling with how to progress further. I've killed shaper, though I died 5 times doing so. I'm fairly squishy against burst damage. I specifically didn't want to go ES this league. Anyone have any tips? My thought was Primal Aegis + phys=>Ele will give my poor 4.7k buffer more to work with. I'm trying to push DPS harder than survivability, but I also can't get POB to give me accurate readings on my DPS. I have achieved level 30 unearth through my staff though.

Any thoughts on how to improve this? Rumis is always active while clearing, so I have 75% block chance for attacks, spell block is kind of weak but whatever, mostly what kills me is physical burst and crits anyway.

https://pastebin.com/CGUCAqvv

Spoiler

Well, Glancing Blows is actually terrible without recovery on block from something like Aegis Aurora. If you're dead set on not having any ES then you should at least use a 5% Life on block shield or The Surrender (250 lgob and a ton of armour). Though Aegis Aurora and even like 1k ES is still going to be far superior.

Your Unearth is level 26, not 30. It's also 14% instead of 20% quality and your Enhance is only level 2. You're losing a TON of damage just from this alone. You should have gloves with +socketed gem levels (aoe, proj, dex, str) and put Unearth there.

As for getting accurate readings for DPS, you need to calculate your corpse life, I have updated the guide and also made a video on that:
https://youtu.be/5BhNC5Ngt6E
Ah, right, in my mind, I was adding the +5 from Unearth helm enchant, the gem itself is still only 26. Got it. Though, getting a pair of decent gloves with even just +2 projectile gems is super annoying so far, the +4 is even tougher. And the 14% quality was me getting the 2nd cheapest gem on the market, lol. It will become 20% someday...

I agree I need some +onblock effects to make glancing blows better, but if you're using a staff, it's pretty much impossible to get anything good that way (I don't even think, outside of a few weak uniques, there's life on block on non-shield rares). I would disagree it's terrible though, glancing blows makes the damage you take more consistent, even if it might make you take more damage on average, the consistency helps you gauge the "lethality" of what you're fighting better. W/o glancing blows, I have 38% block or whatever.

Most of my changes to your build just result from me wanting to play more budget (and I'm sick of ES), but it's very true what you say about using a shield for the ES on block. But my play experience did vastly improve after switching to glancing blows. To me it is almost comical how Staff Block is (still) so useless, there are so few mechanics that actually benefit from it. In-fact, all I can find is "Permanently Intimidate Enemies on Block" on body armor lol. I'd basically be stuck using "The Anvil" as my amulet XD

...actually, small cluster jewels do have a passive for +50 life on block, but it comes with +shield block% nodes, so it's kind of a dead jewel for staves /sigh.

Thanks!
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Jul 7, 2022, 12:55:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info