[3.18] Gryph's Tank Simulator - A Detonate Dead Ignite Elementalist

Yeah, the last 3~ levels on Unearth are ruff. I think there's only one glove combo that equals +5 (all gems, aoe, projectile) so I've got a 24-hour live search for those since a couple days back with no luck. So it goes. 21 Unearth is 15~ex which seems pretty cheap at this point.

On an unrelated note I've got 50+ ex cash sitting around but just now realized that the amulet is what's keeping me from needing two goddamn dex nodes so ashes still out of reach. I might just try and get 50 dex on a helmet so I can finally move on past this milestone.

edit: that purity of ice ring, how do you guys suggest going about that? Buying good overall bases and rings with the implicit, scouring and recombinating? I hate craft of exile :/
Last edited by intesafarlig on Jul 8, 2022, 7:40:17 AM
I am planning to run your build w/ an ES focus in the next league, but I am a little confused how you make up for the lack of "chaos damage does not bypass energy shield". Even with capped chaos res, that sounds sketchy in juiced maps. Why skip out on CI? Just for pathing reasons?

edit: I'm dumb, you're using your life to scale a lot of your ES.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Jul 9, 2022, 9:48:05 PM
Hi, I just bought this build from a guy, and now have seen that he did the math on corpse life wrong, or am I misscalculating something?

https://pastebin.com/2rjhqFta
"
haip0r wrote:
Hi, I just bought this build from a guy, and now have seen that he did the math on corpse life wrong, or am I misscalculating something?

yeah that life calculation is *way* off.
With what's in that POB, the Unearth produces level 88 corpses (95 is the goal).
142% total increased corpse life from the gem and tree.
This gets you 69959 corpse life before map multiplier. For a T16 (level 83) zone it's a 2.09x multiplier for 146,214 corpse life with Unearth. This gets you 3.1m Ignite DPS on Vaal DD.

Now, assuming you are using the bugged spectres with corpsewalker boots this does change things a bit. using Auric Colossus in this manner for T16 maps is 313507 life. If this is the case, you will have 6.6m ignite dps on Vaal DD.

Hopefully that helps.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
haip0r wrote:

With what's in that POB, the Unearth produces level 88 corpses (95 is the goal).
This gets you 69959 corpse life before map multiplier. For a T16 (level 83) zone it's a 2.09x multiplier for 146,214 corpse life with Unearth. This gets you 3.1m Ignite DPS on Vaal DD.

Now, assuming you are using the bugged spectres with corpsewalker boots this does change things a bit. using Auric Colossus in this manner for T16 maps is 313507 life. If this is the case, you will have 6.6m ignite dps on Vaal DD.

Hopefully that helps.

Wow, thank you. I'm feeling hardly scammed now. And no in my Corpse pool is no Auric Colossus.

Edit: Already changed the gloves, lvl91 corpses right now /// Got them statues in the pool now.
What do you suggest Explody chest, weapon(+1/+2 would be a budget corpse lvl variant) or ashes first ? oooor change boots? Im a bit upset right now.
Last edited by haip0r on Jul 9, 2022, 11:31:15 PM
"
haip0r wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
haip0r wrote:

Hopefully that helps.

Wow, thank you. I'm feeling hardly scammed now. And no in my Corpse pool is no Auric Colossus.

Edit: Already changed the gloves, lvl91 corpses right now /// Got them statues in the pool now.
What do you suggest Explody chest, weapon(+1/+2 would be a budget corpse lvl variant) or ashes first ? oooor change boots? Im a bit upset right now.

If you bought the character through TFT you can file a complaint with them.

As for what to upgrade, you really just need more ES. Swapping the boots for ones with 200-ish ES would be a good start, but until you get higher level Unearth it'll be better for damage.

So, that said, get a +1/2 sceptre and Ashes for really big buffs.

I'm also not convinced HH is good here. Especially since you're playing the CI variant. mageblood or a big ES Crystal belt/Stygian would be better in my opinion.

Depending on what you're doing for content, I generally prefer the hybrid approach with Life Recoup and chaos res to handle chaos dots+hits. Gives a bit more flexibility with gear and is easy to get more total eHP without sacrificing damage.
Something I should have noticed that's probably obvious, but I haven't played in a while: "Ignites you inflict deal damage X% faster" doesn't seem to stack (at least according to POB), it only picks the highest value. This means searing heat is unnecessary if you grab that effect from another source. But also "damaging ailments do damage X% faster" is stackable (which is confusing, lol). I wasted money getting boots and a ring with the former mod, sigh. If you're running Dydian Dawn or something else (staves can get +25% faster ignites it seems) then do not use searing heat.
"
anubite wrote:
Something I should have noticed that's probably obvious, but I haven't played in a while: "Ignites you inflict deal damage X% faster" doesn't seem to stack (at least according to POB), it only picks the highest value. This means searing heat is unnecessary if you grab that effect from another source. But also "damaging ailments do damage X% faster" is stackable (which is confusing, lol). I wasted money getting boots and a ring with the former mod, sigh. If you're running Dydian Dawn or something else (staves can get +25% faster ignites it seems) then do not use searing heat.

The mod definitely stacks--additively. Dyadian Dawn, however, is attacks only and does not work with DD.
Oh right, Dawn is for attacks only.

Interesting. Thanks for confirming? I was adding and removing the ignite mods on my ring/boots and didn't see any DPS numbers change, but maybe I was fucking with POB too much.
Last edited by anubite on Jul 10, 2022, 10:23:48 AM
this builds seems funs. but starting now would be senseless it seems.

the gloves would be so expensive even if there were any on the market...

sad league for me so far. no fun, not atalas clear, tried ten builds or more all were slow or shitty because squishy or insanly expensive...

then i saw this guid thought... yhea looks fun fast seems tanky screen clears.... all i want for a build

but those gloves... even getting this entchant on helm...

destructing my motivation.

Last edited by Blutspakt on Jul 10, 2022, 11:37:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info