[3.18] Gryph's Tank Simulator - A Detonate Dead Ignite Elementalist

Cool, sounds good. I haven't thought about Glorious Vanity much, though I feel under a lot of jewel socket pressure right now. Maybe with Voices?

I've said it before, but it really does make a big difference: getting Flagellant's utility flasks is really strong, particularly when enchanted with instilling orbs (you can use the crafting bench too of course) to get 'used when charges reach full'. I don't have them due to mageblood, but was using them before that. Perhaps better to roll your own than try to buy them, at least it was when I was looking.

Unrelated, finished my big crafts I think:

Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 10, 2022, 10:30:27 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
Cool, sounds good. I haven't thought about Glorious Vanity much, though I feel under a lot of jewel socket pressure right now. Maybe with Voices?

I've said it before, but it really does make a big difference: getting Flagellant's utility flasks is really strong, particularly when enchanted with instilling orbs (you can use the crafting bench too of course) to get 'used when charges reach full'. I don't have them due to mageblood, but was using them before that. Perhaps better to roll your own than try to buy them, at least it was when I was looking.

Unrelated, finished my big crafts I think:

The issue with Glorious Vanity/Corrupted Soul is that it splits the damage to your life. Normally this is a good thing, but we rely on Aegis to cushion our life pool and splitting the damage makes it 50% less effective. We also don't have *great* life recovery. Which makes this worse.

In theory it LOOKS really good, technically you can take a larger singular hit, but when you are knee deep in wave 30 simulacrum or juiced maps you'll just roll over and die since aegis stops protecting your life.

TL:DR, Aegis and Corrupted Soul don't mesh well together.
Thanks Gryph for the amazing build, I finally reached level 100 with this build, never died once since 96. This is my first time making to level 100. This build is extremely tanky, high ehp and recovery, insane clear and very good damage. This is the best and most all rounded build I every played. If anyone is interested in this build, you must try it, you will not regret about it.

I made it to level 100 solo using Grimo's sentinel legion strat + breach, each maps gives around 0.7% at level 99. In order to map faster, I have made some adjustment to fit my needs, here is my pob:

https://pastebin.com/DLxA90L0

Some details of the gear I chose.
Spoiler

Aura: 3 defensive + malevolence
I chose to use ashes amulet to fit grace instead of melding jewel. I think grace is BIS for mapping, doubling your ehp without sacrificing any gear. Melding is best for bossing but you need a lot more currency to fit alot more res to the gear. If you are using this build mainly for mapping, grace can save you a a lot of currency. Drop malevolence and right aura wheel before ashes, just make map boss die in 5s instead of 3s

Weapon: Self craft, lucky with the alt spam and aug, see previous pages to check the guide on making it

Shield: Aegis is the best, look for high es

Helm: I was thinking of making an elvated helm, but I hit some good res and I forgot about upgrading it XD

Body: Made it on the first week, don't bother making the elevated mods because it doesn't have a really big impact. Explosion is really good for clear if you have fan the flame cluster.

Gloves: Is a +3 and ele weakness hands of the high templar, lived searched for weeks but doesn't have any +5 and ele weakness appeared. I actually like the +3 ele weak more than a +5, freeing some sockets and moe quality of life, most importantly for my forbidden jewel XD

Boots: Bought this for 20c, seems good enough

Ring: bought the base, use essence craft, nothing special here

Amulet: Using +1 gem and DOT multiplier before ashes, but ashes is really the best

Belt: Was using stygian vise till 99, but changed to HH. After the patch 60s HH is really good offensively and defensively. After getting 30 buffs, I can shield charge and kill most mobs with insane AOE on explosion. I think I only use dd on map boss and essence mob.

Jewel:
1. Forbidden jewel: using profane bloom forbidden jewel, pop screens of mobs in one shield charge, making this a insane clear shield charge build.
2. Cluster: most important, fan the flames and master of fire,

Last edited by brianabcd on Jun 11, 2022, 9:46:12 AM
Congrats on 100!

I didn't think about dropping Vampirism in order to take Influence, but I think I like it. Going to try it out for a while myself now, it takes me over 30m peak DPS & over 90k armour.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 11, 2022, 10:23:32 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
Congrats on 100!

I didn't think about dropping Vampirism in order to take Influence, but I think I like it. Going to try it out for a while myself now, it takes me over 30m peak DPS & over 90k armour.

I think I dislike it for similar reasons to this:

"
Gryphenprey wrote:
The issue with Glorious Vanity/Corrupted Soul is that it splits the damage to your life. Normally this is a good thing, but we rely on Aegis to cushion our life pool and splitting the damage makes it 50% less effective. We also don't have *great* life recovery. Which makes this worse.

I can take a bigger single hit, but I often end up after a fight with 75% life and max ES. Seems to me that if enough, smaller, dangerous things hit me & I don't block, I'll die.

So now I'm seeing how it feels without Tireless, keeping Vampirism. > 100k armour, 1 more to max resists, and > 35m peak DPS seems nice, at first glance.

Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 12, 2022, 2:13:09 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:
Congrats on 100!

I think I dislike it for similar reasons to this:

"
Gryphenprey wrote:

I can take a bigger single hit, but I often end up after a fight with 75% life and max ES. Seems to me that if enough, smaller, dangerous things hit me & I don't block, I'll die.

So now I'm seeing how it feels without Tireless, keeping Vampirism. > 100k armour, 1 more to max resists, and > 35m peak DPS seems nice, at first glance.

That's been my experience without corrupted soul lately as well; I die quite a lot more. I think it's just that I haven't stacked enough armor yet to be able to eat the big hits. Anyway, unallocating it opens up for a bunch of cluster stuff so in the end I opted out and am relying on a solid 6-portal strategy.

I wanted to ask you though, what does Corpse Pact do exactly? Does it not affect the PoB because Gryph hardcoded corpse life?
"
intesafarlig wrote:
I wanted to ask you though, what does Corpse Pact do exactly? Does it not affect the PoB because Gryph hardcoded corpse life?

Yes, exactly. POB doesn't know how to deal with minion life for us.

So, in my case, 96 corpses have (I think) 145,081 life - this is an extrapolation from the final post on this page.

Then I'm 164% increased life with unearth, 20% from tree, and 50% from corpse pact, taking me to x3.34, which is 484,571 for POB calculations. I just do this manually each time I change the quality or corpse level.

It also gives us chill on enemies near the unearth spot, which is quite nice in itself, and better if we use hypothermia support on the VDD.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 16, 2022, 7:46:11 AM
Perhaps I am being dim, but if I tick "is the enemy covered in ash", I get no DPS change in POB. Am I doing something wrong? It makes it hard to evaluate if I should swap Polaric Devastation out.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 18, 2022, 1:28:52 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:
Perhaps I am being dim, but if I tick "is the enemy covered in ash", I get no DPS change in POB. Am I doing something wrong? It makes it hard to evaluate if I should swap Polaric Devastation out.

ahh, I think it's because of the interactions with ignited and burning etc. If you turn those off, you can see the ash effect.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 19, 2022, 7:08:09 AM
40/40 and level 100. Build is good. While farming blue altars from 99 to 100, getting a Divine Shrine didn't make me appreciably tankier.

It's a lot more expensive than last league due to Aegis Aurora and Ashes of the Stars prices, but only the former is necessary. The cost of Phantasmal Unearth also made it mildly painful early on.

For anyone who cares: 2.9m million /kills, 45m peak DPS, non-vaal DD 30m DPS. 89 max resist, 120k armour, 6.6k HP pool, +126% ms, plus all the normal stuff that comes with the build. Obviously a lot invested to reach that stage - mageblood etc.

Improvements
Anyone looking for improvements on what I've done should consider getting increased effect of non-curse auras on the body, it's going to be dozens of exalts with recombinators and the other mods, but it will let you hit 90% max resists, amongst other goodies. I suggest delve life + elevated explosion prefixes, plus t1 chaos + elevated aura suffixes as your target, you can get 50% recombination rate if you duplicate a (desired) prefix and suffix for the combinator.

I wanted to get corpse level 96, but if you get empower 5, you can drop the +1 on the wand, and recombinator a 10% better DPS wand (26% dot prefix, 38% fire dot prefix, plus 10% of fire as chaos suffix for the recombinator, then multimod crafted dot suffix + fire damage). Would also cost dozens of exalts, but less than chest as the base is cheaper than double-elevated crusader/redeemer.

I couldn't find a good way to fit in voices, or a second impossible escape. I didn't realise until I tried it, but impossible escape can't be socketed in a cluster jewel, so it really limits our options there. Seems to me that there must be a good way though. Second megalomaniac also maybe something we could fit in.

Enlighten 5 & perfect Ashes would let me drop another reservation efficiency passive, which could perhaps go with a life node to reach Doryani's Lesson or Disorienting Display. And there are loads of tiny things that would help, so the character ended up far from perfect (I didn't even bother getting a boot enchant, despite crit chance being great for Elemental Overload).

I imagine that all this would get you safely over 50m peak DPS, 90 all resists, and perhaps 150k armour. I just stopped because doing the atlas grinds was very, very, boring.

Gear:
I crafted all the rares except the cluster jewels, mostly with recombinators, so if anyone wants the steps for something, just ask.

Edit: hahahahahahahaha

Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 2, 2022, 10:55:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info