[3.18] Gryph's Tank Simulator - A Detonate Dead Ignite Elementalist

If anyone else is thinking of going for 40 challenges, I just did delve 600 and it was fine. Died once, near the end, but it's certainly no harder than delirium 100 T16s at that depth.

Edit: almost there...

Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 5, 2022, 4:05:06 PM

There we go. If anyone's interested, I can describe how to make that & the chest with the highest odds, as the recombinator system is rather involved.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 6, 2022, 12:16:26 PM
Hey guys, I'm getting places with this now although still dying at wave 23~ in simulacrums and to Sirus at 1% HP left which... well.

Anyway, to get comfortable with uber ubers, there's still some investment left — would you recommend focusing on defenses (probably with this melding setup, although it will require a lot of gear shifting to focus on resists) to outlast the hits or keep working on the deeps?

As an aside, pob tells me the replica emberwake is 25% of my DPS but nobody is using it — am I doing the calculations wrong? Do we want really long ignite durations?

edit: I'm thinking key upgrades are +5 gloves without the enfeeble (which would let me anoint something other than whispers) and probably a ring if I'm wrong on the emberwake bit.

Also, damage to non-vaal spells during soul gain prevention seems like it would be really good to keep damage up throughout. Is it?
Last edited by intesafarlig on Jun 7, 2022, 8:09:43 AM
Personally, I found Melding of the Flesh to be very useful. We ignite once, but then we have to wait a little bit before things actually die. As a consequence, we get hit more often. It was a big upgrade for me when I fit it in, though I agree it's a bit fiddly to do so, particularly when you want max chaos resist too.

You can push it a bit further with purity of ice, and with cold or max resists via eldritch influence. It's possible to reach 90% all resists of course, but I'm not sure if it's vital to do so. Just getting to 81/82% is a pretty nice start.

Seems to me that Replica Emberwake is exactly what you don't need on strong bosses. Ignite duration determines the maximum damage you can do from one hit, and the playstyle for bosses is normally to ignite them, then go and be safer someplace else. At least, I think that's how duration works, perhaps someone else knows better?

It looks pretty fun for e.g. delirium mirrors. Seems really hard to get Melding in without at least one rare ring though.

I didn't take damage to non-vaal skills because I figure I'm either one shotting, or with ignite duration, one-vaaling to phase bosses. I can definitely see it being a decent mod for us though, particularly for bosses with many phases.

I think if I were you, I'd look at +3/+4 Hands without the curse, to replace the anoint. +5 is obviously nice, but you should get 4 enhance/empower first anyway. I'd be thinking about Ashes of the Stars, if that's anywhere near your range.

It may also be worthwhile to drop some of your tree, take a large cluster jewel, and fit in e.g. Corpse Pact via Forbidden Flame/Flesh. Impossible Escape for Lethe Shade is helpful for that. Impossible escape for Pain Attunement can also/either work, but I can't fit that in due to wand int requirements.

Oh, and 20% chance to ignite on the Holy Fire wheel should be DoT multi instead.

Edit: I could do Simu 30 from as soon as I had melding and about 10m DPS if I recall correctly.

Editedit: I missed an important thing - flasks that gain charges when you're hit. Have them trigger when they're at max charges. You can just sit there clearing simu AFK for the first 20 levels.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 7, 2022, 12:44:31 PM
my all res is 89. what i do wrong? gloves +2%, purity 21lvl (+2)
Ютуб - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjTcO-6nu13SrLJ8HuokgA
Твич - https://www.twitch.tv/santadesert
"
Santa_Desert wrote:
my all res is 89. what i do wrong? gloves +2%, purity 21lvl (+2)

Wrong build thread
Spoiler
"
NoImagination wrote:
Personally, I found Melding of the Flesh to be very useful. We ignite once, but then we have to wait a little bit before things actually die. As a consequence, we get hit more often. It was a big upgrade for me when I fit it in, though I agree it's a bit fiddly to do so, particularly when you want max chaos resist too.

You can push it a bit further with purity of ice, and with cold or max resists via eldritch influence. It's possible to reach 90% all resists of course, but I'm not sure if it's vital to do so. Just getting to 81/82% is a pretty nice start.

Seems to me that Replica Emberwake is exactly what you don't need on strong bosses. Ignite duration determines the maximum damage you can do from one hit, and the playstyle for bosses is normally to ignite them, then go and be safer someplace else. At least, I think that's how duration works, perhaps someone else knows better?

It looks pretty fun for e.g. delirium mirrors. Seems really hard to get Melding in without at least one rare ring though.

I didn't take damage to non-vaal skills because I figure I'm either one shotting, or with ignite duration, one-vaaling to phase bosses. I can definitely see it being a decent mod for us though, particularly for bosses with many phases.

I think if I were you, I'd look at +3/+4 Hands without the curse, to replace the anoint. +5 is obviously nice, but you should get 4 enhance/empower first anyway. I'd be thinking about Ashes of the Stars, if that's anywhere near your range.

It may also be worthwhile to drop some of your tree, take a large cluster jewel, and fit in e.g. Corpse Pact via Forbidden Flame/Flesh. Impossible Escape for Lethe Shade is helpful for that. Impossible escape for Pain Attunement can also/either work, but I can't fit that in due to wand int requirements.

Oh, and 20% chance to ignite on the Holy Fire wheel should be DoT multi instead.

Edit: I could do Simu 30 from as soon as I had melding and about 10m DPS if I recall correctly.

Editedit: I missed an important thing - flasks that gain charges when you're hit. Have them trigger when they're at max charges. You can just sit there clearing simu AFK for the first 20 levels.

Big thanks for this! I went and picked up the gems and dropped the emberwake for a generic 100c dot multi ring with dex and an open suffix so I could drop that node. I'm slightly annoyed that crafting non-channeling mana cost requires a bunch of betrayal bullshit but it is what it is.

PoB dps dropped from 17m to 12m and there is a very noticeable drop in explodyness in clearing, as in, I can actually see monsters on the screen for a second or so. Still, Maven (not uber though) went down slightly quicker (the 15% culling on the amulet is fantastic) and without me dying so this seems to work for now while I farm up the melding setup and ashes. Impossible escape looks amazing to get out of those rightmost nodes, that's great info. I also followed your lead and dropped the jade flask for more armor since I guess we're stacking that now? Will try a simulacrum tonight and see how that fares.

edit: just realized I could just buy and unveil the craft. Hours saved
Last edited by intesafarlig on Jun 8, 2022, 9:16:21 AM
Cool. And yeh, we can stack quite a lot of armour. I also have molten shell on left click. Last league, I went 100% global defences on chest and explosion via forbidden flame profane bloom, and obviously this time round it's mageblood. Both will get you to 70-100k armour, but you can pretty easily hit 40-50k via more normal methods.

If you get to melding + trigger flasks with charges gained when you're hit, I'm confident you'll be able to get through simu 30.
"
NoImagination wrote:
Cool. And yeh, we can stack quite a lot of armour. I also have molten shell on left click. Last league, I went 100% global defences on chest and explosion via forbidden flame profane bloom, and obviously this time round it's mageblood. Both will get you to 70-100k armour, but you can pretty easily hit 40-50k via more normal methods.

If you get to melding + trigger flasks with charges gained when you're hit, I'm confident you'll be able to get through simu 30.

Just posting to thank you again and to update any onlookers who might be having trouble. I finally beat Sirus, Formed and Elderslayers (80 quant x2 with the atlas notable) again for the first time since like Ritual (Arc witches are not made for that I guess) after making some very minor changes:

* Impossible escape with pain attunement (25c vs 4.5ex for lethe shade) saved 8-10 nodes that I dumped into a sadist/prismatic heart large cluster (100c)
* Got a not-horrible doryani glorious vanity which enabled corrupted soul in the top left and turned the dot notable (acrimony) into 30% fire damage which is fine for dps, and the dot mastery stays the same
* Sold the +3 curse gloves for 12ex and bought +3 no-curse gloves for 3ex and anointed dirty techniques

These super cheap changes took effective max hit from 25 to 40k which makes a huge difference in survivability. Next up is sorting the melding setup so I can stop dying out of laziness/boredom I guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info