Game performance is ABYSMAL.

The most painful thing to see here is how little changed since the thread's creation.

Well, one thing changed for me. I bought a new PC, tailored specifically to run PoE with my friends. Was not actually cheap. And PoE is STILL the only game on my disk able to perform worse than the V-sync limit. I am running the whole PoE from RAMDISK BTW.

Being software developer myself, there is nothing more to add - it will remain the way it is, folks. The only hope is that they AT LEAST do not add new FPS killers (*wink* Forgotten Masters daily mission => spawn 500 mobs to defend a relic at once, yeah, sure, good idea) .

Having your own 3D engine was simply too ambitious, IMO.

Please, make Path of Exile 2 run on some proprietary engine.
At least if they gave us the option to remove particles and all those effects that cause freezes, right now the only option is to change the terrain quality between medium and high.

I tried the trick changing texture_quality=5 in the config file, but the problems remain the same.
"
lol_essence wrote:
At least if they gave us the option to remove particles and all those effects that cause freezes, right now the only option is to change the terrain quality between medium and high.

They apparently don't want that to happen because it would give the player less immersion or something ....
and I'm actually serious, that has been discussed many times, that's really what GGG said :/.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
lol_essence wrote:

They apparently don't want that to happen because it would give the player less immersion or something ....
and I'm actually serious, that has been discussed many times, that's really what GGG said :/.

Well yeah, when you need a more expensive PC to play PoE smoothly than other high-end games.
They could add those options only in the config and not in the in-game options menu, so that players who document and care about performance over the appearance have possiblities.
Last edited by lol_essence on Aug 26, 2014, 7:58:09 AM
I had seen a streamer with like half of the texture gone if I remember correctly but ... I tried like you to do this and could not get to the same result ( not that I insisted a lot though ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
I had seen a streamer with like half of the texture gone if I remember correctly but ... I tried like you to do this and could not get to the same result ( not that I insisted a lot though ).

The problem is with the spell and flashy effects wich are not affected by that setting because it only works for terrain textures.
Last edited by lol_essence on Aug 26, 2014, 8:04:27 AM
To add, that for me the game plays a lot worse compared to pre-1.2. Now hiccups in frame rates are quite frequent. Also dyeing from boxes is more that 50% of the time. When the box opens the frame rates goes to 0 for few-seconds( it wasnt like that pre 1.2) and even when i use Ligh.wrap my char dies. What i noticed is that performance problems tend to happen at later levels more often.At this current state the game is frustrating.
Also i was planning to get another supp. pack, but now ill wait.
"
sgolemanov wrote:
To add, that for me the game plays a lot worse compared to pre-1.2. Now hiccups in frame rates are quite frequent. Also dyeing from boxes is more that 50% of the time. When the box opens the frame rates goes to 0 for few-seconds( it wasnt like that pre 1.2) and even when i use Ligh.wrap my char dies. What i noticed is that performance problems tend to happen at later levels more often.At this current state the game is frustrating.
Also i was planning to get another supp. pack, but now ill wait.

Same goes for me, i was so hyped for Forsaken Masters and i had a blast with it, but after ~3 days it got frustrating... when you get a 2second freeze in a map and you always die.
the addition of rain in docks and crossroads drops my fps to like 10 in these zones

the game need more graphic options imo
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Is it me,or does anyone else have a feeling that the new expansion came with a lot of amazing features and also....a huge memory leak somewhere? pre-1.2 i had no issues,now when i close my client after playing for more than an hour,my whole rig stutters for about 30 sec as if it was unable to re-arrange memory,which fix me if i am wrong,is a clear sign of a huge mem leak.
No rest for the wicked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info