PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Game performance is ABYSMAL.

"
lol_essence wrote:
Not sure if trolls... You are literally saying that a game from 2010 is working fine on a 2000$ PC.

Considering that some of these posters are running much better PC's than my laptop, yes.

And SGD$2000 is only USD$1600

It is in fact weaker than the guy that posted just below me
You know how it works, always two complementary options when facing low performance:

1. optimize software
2. buy better hardware

GGG followed number one (and I believe they really tried) - after reaching some point (some code optimizations are "cheap", other require thorough investigation), they silently start hoping for players to be OK with number two.

I am a player that stopped hoping for number 1 and followed number two. And I still feel compassion for all those that are struggling with performance. I still feel empathy for them, I still do not abuse performance threads with cheap ego boosters like "look at my HW bros, PoE smooth as butter, ya jelly?"

I believe we should not let ourselves as fans and as players be divided to "us" and "them" wars.
We should (in reasonable manner, of course) pressure GGG to prioritize game performance, no matter how beastly our hardware is ATM.
Since the Forsaken Master release, I run out of memory every 4 instances or so. It's really tedious to play having to restart the game frequently because of these frequent crashes. this kind of error rarely happened to me before and only after extended playing, I could create like 20 or 30 instances without problem, and now 4 instances and crash.
Some tech guy view :
PoE has two huge problems that should have been resolved in development phase.

First one is "memory management" - to be honest .. Its terribad. Everything is preloaded to ram because they didnt manage to programme fast resource loader. CryEngine has nailed it with dynamic resourse resolver.

Second one is "calcpower management" - PoE almost for every calculations uses CPU... For no reason, but its nobrainer and doesnt require skill and knowledge to programme on GPU. Which is harder by a fukton.

So if you want good PoE performance you need these:
- Shitton ram in pc and on gpu.
- good CPU and by good mean best out there

Summoner
Yeah i noticed it uses all my CPU but my graphic card ain't even trying.
Wanted to chime in on something of a tangent: Something I find sort of interesting is that since path of exile is a 32 bit application (even on a 64bit system) with a memory pool limit of 2gb normally, 3-4gb if IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE is compiled into the exe (3 gb on 32 bit os, 4 gb on 64bit os). That memory pool limit is the total amount of system and graphical ram (gpu) it can be allocated in total, while the rest can be used for the caching of files from the client file for quicker access.

All of these additions such as the rain, all of these unoptimized things like the corrupted zones and everything else being displayed are competing for that limited pool of ram that can be allocated for this game. Eventually that allocated memory pool will not be able to handle the game anymore and upgrading hardware will do nothing to fix issues in the game.

Anyone know if GGG plans on finally scaling down these additions, optimizing them at last or just finally making a 64 bit client (possibly disallowing people still on 32 bit pcs) that can at least allow the ram usage they seem to be intent on demanding? Or is that all slated for PoE2 once this client breaks from all the new additions?

edit - and YES, to all the people that recommend more ram to make this game run better... more ram over that limit does nothing except for the caching of files from the client file or through the use of a ram drive to load the whole client file, and if you have a 32 bit os with a 1gb gpu that means the game is limited to 2gb system ram if using the whole ram of the video card as long as the client was compiled using IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE because otherwise it would be the old 2gb total limit for both.

edit - that means it may not be so much a memory leak as was claimed in the posts prior to this but maybe that their client hit their memory pool limit. That is 2gb total on a non IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE compiled exe, 3 gb on a IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE compiled exe on a 32 bit OS and 4 gb on a IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE compiled exe on a 64 bit OS. If those encountering these not enough memory issues are on 32 bit operating systems that can be a rather negative sign that they probably will have to update to a 64 bit OS (to possibly raise their memory pool from 3gb to 4gb) soon unless they want to wait for GGG to make this game no longer run on their OS anymore.
Last edited by Jiero on Aug 30, 2014, 4:02:01 PM
Bump
Not super detailed, but validating some concerns:

Re game performance:
"
Chris wrote:
I'm really looking forward to the improvements in the future. There's some very cool stuff in the pipeline.

(As a side note, there's definitely a 1.2.0 issue that is causing frame rate drops. We're working on a fix.)

Spoiler
Posted about 6 hours ago on Reddit.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiSvzsbiNJw&feature=youtu.be
Just opened box.
Freeze for 10 sec - rip.
I hope GGG finaly will do a RLY LOW grafics. I dont want wanna hear shit like "GGG dont wanna do shitty grafic cuz game will looks like shit". Im just wanna play and not die cuz of game have high and medium quality.
Do something please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info