Game performance is ABYSMAL.

Bump
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
up
I really hope GGG will invest some support money into optimizing the technical aspect of the game, if they really plan the supposed longevity.

I've been playing D3 now for awhile, what a freaking difference... stable FPS, no stuttering, all on max, no loading lag, no desync, stable latency... on the same computer that barely runs PoE on low settings. I like PoE art style, but the (somehow outdated) graphics quality really doesn't warrant this bad performance.

PoE has some wild fluctuations of FPS, where you can drop -40 frames in some instances (shrines, boxes, exiles..). All this stuttering is a difficulty layer on top of a game that already has spike damage as a game mechanic.

There was some talk from GGG, more than half a year ago about a supposedly more fast particle system implementation ("ribbons" or something, iirc). Any news on that? Maybe on reddit?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 7, 2014, 6:51:57 AM
"
morbo wrote:
I really hope GGG will invest some support money into optimizing the technical aspect of the game, if they really plan the supposed longevity.

I've been playing D3 now for awhile, what a freaking difference... stable FPS, no stuttering, all on max, no loading lag, no desync, stable latency... on the same computer that barely runs PoE on low settings. I like PoE art style, but the (somehow outdated) graphics quality really doesn't warrant this bad performance.

PoE has some wild fluctuations of FPS, where you can drop -40 frames in some instances (shrines, boxes, exiles..). All this stuttering is a difficulty layer on top of a game that already has spike damage as a game mechanic.

There was some talk from GGG, more than half a year ago about a supposedly more fast particle system implementation ("ribbons" or something, iirc). Any news on that? Maybe on reddit?

Sorry, but bolded parts are absolute bullshit. D3 is known to have performance issues when shit gets real (lots of particles on screen), I had my share of them too. Just look at the tech support on us.battle.net/d3 and there are several FPS problem -threads in the front page.

Yeah, D3 has better optimization but it's not that great over there either. There's no need to exaggerate to prove your point.
"
Grughal wrote:
orry, but bolded parts are absolute bullshit. D3 is known to have performance issues when shit gets real (lots of particles on screen), I had my share of them too. Just look at the tech support on us.battle.net/d3 and there are several FPS problem -threads in the front page.

Yeah, D3 has better optimization but it's not that great over there either. There's no need to exaggerate to prove your point.

Well it wasn't for me. (mind that I bought D3 just recently, maybe it was worse in the past)

I've spent about 75 hrs playing HC and have not had one technical issue in this time. Smooth sailing... when in PoE just the ground effect map mod makes the FPS graph vomit all over the place.

E:
And just this issue of ground effects (or rain, for eg.) in PoE is dragging on forever. 2 years+. Something to think about..
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 7, 2014, 7:08:00 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:
orry, but bolded parts are absolute bullshit. D3 is known to have performance issues when shit gets real (lots of particles on screen), I had my share of them too. Just look at the tech support on us.battle.net/d3 and there are several FPS problem -threads in the front page.

Well it wasn't for me. (mind that I bought D3 just recently, maybe it was worse in the past)

I've spent about 75 hrs playing HC and have not had one technical issue in this time. Smooth sailing... when in PoE just the ground effect map mod makes the FPS graph vomit all over the place.

E:
And just this issue of ground effects (or rain, for eg.) in PoE is dragging on forever. 2 years+. Something to think about..

It's an online game so we're playing the same patch. I played the most recent patch too and nothing has changed. Once you get a couple electric packs at same time with some desecrate and arcane enchanted, get your eggs ready. If you stutter at ground effects in PoE that shit will outright melt your GPU.
"
logokas wrote:
Dear Grinding Gear devs.

Why is your game still single threaded?

Many PC gamers these days buy more powerful GPUs instead of CPUs because they expect games not to utilize the CPU so much.

And then come along people who purposely leave their games without multi-threading support. Path of Exile has gone the same way. Why?

On an AMD Phenom X6 1055T, Path of Exile uses 20% of the CPU, never falls below 80% usage, and because of the emphasis on multicore design, on stock clocks, one core of this CPU is not enough to feed PoE's engine the processing that it's demanding. Why is PoE so heavy on the CPU anyway? The year is 2012, we have quad core SMARTPHONES and CONSOLES, for gods' sake. Anybody who has bought a machine in the last 7 years has at least, a Core Duo in their machine. And yet we still see AAA games singlethreaded, like Skyrim, which result in piss poor performance on a three thousand dollar rig, that otherwise runs circles around CRYSIS.

Things that absolutely KILL framerate on Path of Exile:

-global chat
-outdoor areas
-clusters of enemies

A full global chat equals 20 frames dropped. Boom, just like that. Gone. Not happy.

Why? This is all in Act one, too, no doubt there will be even grander areas and more enemies on screen at the same time during higher levels of play, and that will make this issue even worse!

Is this ever going to get fixed? Or will my feedback go ignored, again?

Other things that bother me.

-Despite the ridiculously heavy burden on one CPU core, my GPU is utilized at roughly 30%. It's a GTX 580. And ingame shadows in outdoor areas look like the game was made on a Gamebryo engine. Please explain why the game looks like the shadowmaps are rendered at 128x128 size, and then also runs at 30 FPS.

-Terrain can block view of enemies or objects, evident the best in the Prison areas. Even in Diablo ONE, walls would fade out whenever the player got close to them. There is a reason that functionality is in there. If i can't see a mob, i will assume its' not there. On harder difficulties, this could easily get a player killed.

-Sword cleave has no indication of actually hitting things, it just wooshes through the air and i can never tell if it actually hit anything or not. And the animation frankly looks like you're just waving it gently, nothing meaty or sturdy about it at all. Very..inaccurate.

-Many things are still serverside, such as death animations and inventory sorting. With a lot of enemies around you, one would want to know if they're shooting their arrows or slashing at an enemy that is yet to be slain, or just into thin air. Sorting inventory gets really tedious at 200ms ping, too. This isn't gamebreaking, but it's certainly annoying.

-There is no indication of available quests. I don't mind going to town to start them, but it's awful that there's no indication of them AT ALL.

Despite my mostly negative tone, i have to say i enjoyed my experience during the beta weekend, despite the framerate issues, ugly shadows, and an awkwardly skewed boss/normal ratio, where a boss takes and gives 10x more damage than you'd expect.

I did also find that there was no way to trade with players. Very unlike a multiplayer game.

Well, that is all. I can only hope this thread is read by a dev, or representative of them, at least.

this ,this , this

everywhere i played i would just get this kind of problems
Deleting the "Shader Cache" folder boosted my FPS by 10%.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
3 years later, still no GGG response
"
lol_essence wrote:
3 years later, still no GGG response

Because GGG needs to respond to every forum feedback post ever.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info