Stress-Free PoE w/ RIGHTEOUS INCINERATOR! Relax, SSF League Start-End w/ “Any” Items & 1-Button|3.16

"
evilsonofgod wrote:
Spoiler
I went to Sirus for the 1st time, A8, and failed. Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the mechanics yet. I actually got him around 25% HP and he went to that laser phase kamehame wave with the 4 lasers rotating around and his HP seemed to get higher like greater than half so I dunno if that was supposed to happen.

Not sure how to put my setup here, but my character can be viewed by public. Not sure what to improve on in terms of my gear. Got about 7.3k HP.
Nice work, evilsonofgod! Sirus is a crappy fight. Great job getting him down that much on your first go. I see Pusztitoo gave you a great answer so I'll just leave you with a small note: GGG's major bosses like Shaper, Elder, Maven, Sirus normally require a lot of experience to be successful with. There are a few "one-shot" mechanics each boss has and so on. So be encouraged that you got as far as you did! Nice work! (One of the reasons that the Atlas was reduced in size was because of the "required learning" for these big bosses. The bosses are now more accessible and as a result, can be learned by the more casual player.) So hang in there! Nice work.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
evilsonofgod wrote:
Spoiler
I went to Sirus for the 1st time, A8, and failed. Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the mechanics yet. I actually got him around 25% HP and he went to that laser phase kamehame wave with the 4 lasers rotating around and his HP seemed to get higher like greater than half so I dunno if that was supposed to happen.

Not sure how to put my setup here, but my character can be viewed by public. Not sure what to improve on in terms of my gear. Got about 7.3k HP.
Nice work, evilsonofgod! Sirus is a crappy fight. Great job getting him down that much on your first go. I see Pusztitoo gave you a great answer so I'll just leave you with a small note: GGG's major bosses like Shaper, Elder, Maven, Sirus normally require a lot of experience to be successful with. There are a few "one-shot" mechanics each boss has and so on. So be encouraged that you got as far as you did! Nice work! (One of the reasons that the Atlas was reduced in size was because of the "required learning" for these big bosses. The bosses are now more accessible and as a result, can be learned by the more casual player.) So hang in there! Nice work.

Thanks man and thanks for your guide too. By the way, due to mana reservation costs, I'm only running determination, vitality and skitterbots. I can't insert Purity of Fire but my fire resist is way above 75% (says 182%), is that ok? Or do I drop skitterbots or determination?
"
evilsonofgod wrote:

Thanks man and thanks for your guide too. By the way, due to mana reservation costs, I'm only running determination, vitality and skitterbots. I can't insert Purity of Fire but my fire resist is way above 75% (says 182%), is that ok? Or do I drop skitterbots or determination?

What matters for this build is your maximum fire resistance, which is capped at 75%. So not the overall sum you have from your gear and passive skills.

Let me explain with an example. RF hurts you with 90% of your max life plus 70% of your max ES. For example, if you have 7,3k life and 700 ES, then the degen will be around 7k per second. This is fire damage, so you can mitigate it with fire resistance. Having 75% fire resistance will let you take only 1,7k damage per second instead of 7k. If you have increased maximum fire resistance (also provided by Purity of Fire), then you can further decrease the damage taken.

You should have around 20-25% life regen per second, which would be around 1,6k per second with your 7,3k max life. This somewhat sustains RF already with some other passive skill that decrease DoT damage taken, but you will still have some pretty slow regen compared to the huge degen.

If you increase maximum fire resistance to 85% for example, then you will take around 1k degen, so your 1,6k regen will be much better, as you have +600 life per second!

This of course will not help you against oneshots... but your overall experience during mapping and against bosses will feel better due to the increased tankiness. I could basically face-tank Sirus's DIE beam with 87/79/79/50 fire/cold/lightning/chaos resistances and 8,5k life without Determination.

So I would recommend dropping Determination for Purity of Fire. You will also have more mana to trigger more Immortal Calls, which also decreases pyhs and elemental damage taken, so your regen will be even higher.
"
Pusztitoo wrote:
"
evilsonofgod wrote:

What matters for this build is your maximum fire resistance, which is capped at 75%. So not the overall sum you have from your gear and passive skills.

Let me explain with an example. RF hurts you with 90% of your max life plus 70% of your max ES. For example, if you have 7,3k life and 700 ES, then the degen will be around 7k per second. This is fire damage, so you can mitigate it with fire resistance. Having 75% fire resistance will let you take only 1,7k damage per second instead of 7k. If you have increased maximum fire resistance (also provided by Purity of Fire), then you can further decrease the damage taken.

You should have around 20-25% life regen per second, which would be around 1,6k per second with your 7,3k max life. This somewhat sustains RF already with some other passive skill that decrease DoT damage taken, but you will still have some pretty slow regen compared to the huge degen.

If you increase maximum fire resistance to 85% for example, then you will take around 1k degen, so your 1,6k regen will be much better, as you have +600 life per second!

This of course will not help you against oneshots... but your overall experience during mapping and against bosses will feel better due to the increased tankiness. I could basically face-tank Sirus's DIE beam with 87/79/79/50 fire/cold/lightning/chaos resistances and 8,5k life without Determination.

So I would recommend dropping Determination for Purity of Fire. You will also have more mana to trigger more Immortal Calls, which also decreases pyhs and elemental damage taken, so your regen will be even higher.

Thank you for the input, I will be dropping determination. Hopefully I will be able to get my payback with Sirus. I also added enchantments to my ring and amulet to get a little boost in stats. Still lacking life since catalyst for that is hella expensive.
sorry, I max my immortal call gem and the guide doesn't say to leave it at a certain level. Now I corrupted it in hoping to get a higher level 20 gem, and it stayed at level 20 but it's not linking to CWDT anymore, I can manually cast it. What level should I leave this gem? I bought a level 1 again.
You can see in your CWDT details the level of the gems it can trigger :
"This Gem can only Support Skill Gems requiring Level (38-70) or lower"
Trying out this build this league, as i was browsing the PoB I was wondering about the combination of Petrified Blood (I must admit being a bit hyped by the very idea of the gem) and Pain Attunement. That would need some tree tweaking but do you think it could be worth it ?
This may sound like a dumb question, but is this build HC viable?
Have been playing with this for a while and i would love some advice on how to upgrade this further: https://pastebin.com/KGmCZiGy
I have around ~4ex and dont know how should i increase the dmg
"
evilsonofgod wrote:
sorry, I max my immortal call gem and the guide doesn't say to leave it at a certain level. Now I corrupted it in hoping to get a higher level 20 gem, and it stayed at level 20 but it's not linking to CWDT anymore, I can manually cast it. What level should I leave this gem? I bought a level 1 again.

I used it on max level with max level CWDT, it was triggering without any issues. If you trigger manually however, be careful, as it will drain your endurance charges. Try timing it together with an Immortal Call, so you get back those charges fast. (You get charges each second due to the ascendancy point, as well as 15% more damage for losing them!)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info