Stress-Free PoE w/ RIGHTEOUS INCINERATOR! Relax, SSF League Start-End w/ “Any” Items & 1-Button|3.16

"
Mileto wrote:
This may sound like a dumb question, but is this build HC viable?

There no dumb questions, only dumb answers, I hope I give you at least something useful :)

I did not try it on HC, but it is kind of risky. Levelling is kind of slow. You can sustain RF around lvl 40-50 (Act 5), but you would still feel squishy at that time. The build gets its tankiness and great damage after reaching at least lvl 70-80 and completing the labs.

Also, most HC builds tries to burst down enemies, but RF is not like that. You get constant damage but fights take longer an you expose yourself to greater risk that way.
Last edited by Pusztitoo on Nov 22, 2021, 4:09:58 AM
"
gerolg81 wrote:
Have been playing with this for a while and i would love some advice on how to upgrade this further: https://pastebin.com/KGmCZiGy
I have around ~4ex and dont know how should i increase the dmg

I briefly checked your build. First of all, I think you have pretty good gear! Some optimizations are always possible, I noticed a few things already.

I believe you are missing some lighning resistance, I do not think you are capping on that even with 5 endurance charges... perhaps a harvest-craft that replaces fire to lightning would be helpful on one of your gear where you have +45% fire resistance.

I noticed that you are still missing a few points (Holy Fire) on your tree that gives a lot of fire damage overtime multipliers. That would be a big boost already.

If you check a few pages back in this forum thread, you can see some helmet suggestions that can help your RF deal more damage:

If you use such an elder helmet you basically get another 6-link for your RF gem. You can replace the burning damage support gem to increased AoE or empower support. Awakened elemental damage support and awakened increased AoE also gives a big boost to RF.

You should also annoint "Growth and Decay" to your amulet for damage over time multiplier and life regen.

There is an orphaned +10 str node on your tree you may not need near the "Eternal Youth" keystone, you could respec that to something else.

If you can go up to level 95, you should also consider grabbing some jewel slots, there you could get some extra life and damage.

Overall your build looks really solid, so keep grinding and optimizing! All small upgrades will contribute!
"
Pusztitoo wrote:
"
Mileto wrote:

There no dumb questions, only dumb answers, I hope I give you at least something useful :)

I did not try it on HC, but it is kind of risky. Levelling is kind of slow. You can sustain RF around lvl 40-50 (Act 5), but you would still feel squishy at that time. The build gets its tankiness and great damage after reaching at least lvl 70-80 and completing the labs.

Also, most HC builds tries to burst down enemies, but RF is not like that. You get constant damage but fights take longer an you expose yourself to greater risk that way.

That was a really good insight. Thanks a lot!
Im leveling it in HC as we speak. Just hit 57, act 7.
Its viable, but not if you dont have HC experience.

Drop incinerate for scorching ray.. you need range in HC.
South talents first but skip unwavering till later.
decoy totem is your friend
Level purity of fire in your spare weapons, run purity of elements for ailment immune (max fire rez means little till your running RF).
Do the same for clarity, its not needed until RF and the health cost will just kill you quicker.

The boss fights are long, act 5 kit required over 5 mins and 4 portals.

The build is lot of fun though, even in HC

(edit: ooh soon as you get an unset ring, slot in flame dash. dont worry about leveling it. 3 charges, 3 chances to dodge bosses bad, no brainer right :D )

(edit 2.0, Just finished act 10 kit in HC with this build.
Doing the hardcore way, i was level 70 and pimped out before i did it.
Its doable with less, your immune to his fire breath and thats 1/3rd of the damage.
I did away with incinerate for a koams and mangled the tree pretty bad to suit my style so you know take that for what you will. )
Last edited by Hoofprint on Nov 24, 2021, 8:07:57 AM
Was wondering if I could get some insight to the build as I generally feel like I'm not tanky at all when mapping at times. Red tier maps can feel awful especially if a Sirus influenced rare mob decides to go crazy. I try to keep up enduring cry as much as possible but still feels like I spend more time running away than anything.

https://pastebin.com/JMtvk8Xq
Last edited by Jerevinan on Nov 23, 2021, 11:59:12 PM
"
Jerevinan wrote:
Was wondering if I could get some insight to the build as I generally feel like I'm not tanky at all when mapping at times. Red tier maps can feel awful especially if a Sirus influenced rare mob decides to go crazy. I try to keep up enduring cry as much as possible but still feels like I spend more time running away than anything.

https://pastebin.com/JMtvk8Xq

You are squishy 36% phys dmg reduction and your chaos res is severely lacking.

If you unspec the explosive impact all the way back to the tree that will give you 4 points for minimal dps loss, unspec Life regeneration per endurance charge next to the +1. Feed the 5 new points into the mana rez wheel and you can run a lvl 20 determination bumping your phys to 73%.

For chaos rez your going to need to give up some of those damage enchants.

this is your tree with the changes
https://pastebin.com/QbULfQbB
Last edited by Hoofprint on Nov 24, 2021, 8:34:15 AM
Spoiler
"
evilsonofgod wrote:
"
Pusztitoo wrote:
"
evilsonofgod wrote:

Thanks man and thanks for your guide too. By the way, due to mana reservation costs, I'm only running determination, vitality and skitterbots. I can't insert Purity of Fire but my fire resist is way above 75% (says 182%), is that ok? Or do I drop skitterbots or determination?

What matters for this build is your maximum fire resistance, which is capped at 75%. So not the overall sum you have from your gear and passive skills.

Let me explain with an example. RF hurts you with 90% of your max life plus 70% of your max ES. For example, if you have 7,3k life and 700 ES, then the degen will be around 7k per second. This is fire damage, so you can mitigate it with fire resistance. Having 75% fire resistance will let you take only 1,7k damage per second instead of 7k. If you have increased maximum fire resistance (also provided by Purity of Fire), then you can further decrease the damage taken.

You should have around 20-25% life regen per second, which would be around 1,6k per second with your 7,3k max life. This somewhat sustains RF already with some other passive skill that decrease DoT damage taken, but you will still have some pretty slow regen compared to the huge degen.

If you increase maximum fire resistance to 85% for example, then you will take around 1k degen, so your 1,6k regen will be much better, as you have +600 life per second!

This of course will not help you against oneshots... but your overall experience during mapping and against bosses will feel better due to the increased tankiness. I could basically face-tank Sirus's DIE beam with 87/79/79/50 fire/cold/lightning/chaos resistances and 8,5k life without Determination.

So I would recommend dropping Determination for Purity of Fire. You will also have more mana to trigger more Immortal Calls, which also decreases pyhs and elemental damage taken, so your regen will be even higher.

Thank you for the input, I will be dropping determination. Hopefully I will be able to get my payback with Sirus. I also added enchantments to my ring and amulet to get a little boost in stats. Still lacking life since catalyst for that is hella expensive.
Hey, evilsonofgod! Thanks for the kind words :). Pusztitoo gave you a great answer to your questions so my two cents will be short as I would have said the same thing. Auras are tough to choose between. As long as you're happy with your choice and how your build performs in-game, just go with it. But, in regards to RF, Purity of Fire is huge. It'd be the last aura I'd drop. Determination is tough to let go of for sure. I'm sure it'll be cut down a bit for 3.17, but it sure is strong for 3.16.

Thanks for your patience with the response.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
evilsonofgod wrote:
Spoiler
sorry, I max my immortal call gem and the guide doesn't say to leave it at a certain level. Now I corrupted it in hoping to get a higher level 20 gem, and it stayed at level 20 but it's not linking to CWDT anymore, I can manually cast it. What level should I leave this gem? I bought a level 1 again.
I just took a look at your character. I know the problem may have fixed itself by now, but just in case it hasn't, things look properly setup. The currently equipped Molten Shell isn't Corrupted so it looks like you replaced it. Now, there's a chance that you Vaal'd your old gem into the Vaal version of Molten Shell. If that's the case, and the gem is still within the trigger range of CwDT it could have just been that the Molten Shell skill being displayed was the vaal version, not the normal version. In that case, the normal version of the skill would still trigger, but the Vaal part of skill could not. So on your displayed skills, you'd just have to make sure that the proper Molten Shell was displayed.

That's the only thing I could think of.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Abaaddon wrote:
Spoiler
Trying out this build this league, as i was browsing the PoB I was wondering about the combination of Petrified Blood (I must admit being a bit hyped by the very idea of the gem) and Pain Attunement. That would need some tree tweaking but do you think it could be worth it ?
Hi, Abaaddon!

I LOVE Petrified Blood. It's really cool. I'm not sure where I stand with it with life regen characters to be honest. You'll have to play around with it and see how it fits your playstyle. Petrified Blood gives you more defence but it does slow down the life regen rate. I normally depend on my quick life regen to keep me alive when I zone out. So I don't use it here with RF. If you're the type of player that's quick on the life flask button, Petrified Blood could really suit you.

In terms of Pain Attunement, it won't work. It's really dumb how GGG does it. Even though RF has a spell tag, it doesn't increase its damage from spell mods or nodes. It's the same with minions. They have a spell tag but don't improve with spell improvements. Some DOT skills, like Vortex, say, "Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this Skill's Damage Over Time effect". Why GGG has things set up as it is, I have no idea. But bottom line is that Spell Damage doesn't do anything for RF.

Good thinking and great question.

Annnnnd

Spoiler
"
Mileto wrote:
"
Pusztitoo wrote:
"
Mileto wrote:

That was a really good insight. Thanks a lot!
"
Hoofprint wrote:
Im leveling it in HC as we speak. Just hit 57, act 7.
Its viable, but not if you dont have HC experience.

Drop incinerate for scorching ray.. you need range in HC.
South talents first but skip unwavering till later.
decoy totem is your friend
Level purity of fire in your spare weapons, run purity of elements for ailment immune (max fire rez means little till your running RF).
Do the same for clarity, its not needed until RF and the health cost will just kill you quicker.

The boss fights are long, act 5 kit required over 5 mins and 4 portals.

The build is lot of fun though, even in HC

(edit: ooh soon as you get an unset ring, slot in flame dash. dont worry about leveling it. 3 charges, 3 chances to dodge bosses bad, no brainer right :D )

(edit 2.0, Just finished act 10 kit in HC with this build.
Doing the hardcore way, i was level 70 and pimped out before i did it.
Its doable with less, your immune to his fire breath and thats 1/3rd of the damage.
I did away with incinerate for a koams and mangled the tree pretty bad to suit my style so you know take that for what you will. )
Hey Mileto! Good answers by Pusztitoo and Hoofprint :). I hate dying, but I accept that with my abilities I will die. So I don't design my builds around HC. I don't enjoy defence over offence with making a build, but you'll have to make some personal changes to accommodate your playstyle defensively. Good question.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Nov 24, 2021, 2:38:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info