End of free week - discussion

I tried PoE at the free weekend and all I can say is: It's awesome. Very interesting skillsystem and the multiplayer is funny, also the singleplayer. IMHO is PoE the best Action-RPG after the Diablo series. There is much capability for PoE... I will let a eye on it.
There was some problems with the graphics, but it's OK. It's the beta and already running good...

But I'm just a little bit sad, that PoE will be released at a very bad timing. You know? About 10 years after D2 LoD... there was nothing something like D2, wait there was Titan Quest. Yes, but something was missing in Titan Quest... I cant tell you what... but something special was missing to play it a long time.

I have waited for many years for a Diablo 3 or a GOOD Ripoff of Diablo. But there was nothing... And now when D3 will be released, a good Action-RPG called PoE is on the beta phase. Just: WTF???

I played WoW, SC2, CoD, BF, TQ and many more... I love Games and I'm not a fanboy of anything. I'm playing a good game for many years.

But what do you think GGG, i'm or us gamer going to do? Of course we are going to play Diablo 3... and when it's awesome for many years, your game won't be interested anymore. I'm not telling you that Blizzard is great and the best game maker. But it's a very heavy and hard competing company in this branch. When you release PoE at 2012, you won't get so much customers as you maybe wished. And that's really sad for such a good game. Very bad timing...

good luck and have fun... GGG
Hope you will be stable for the coming years.
I wanna see more from GGG!!!

(If my english fails, I'm sorry for that)
"
Duffvader wrote:
I tried PoE at the free weekend and all I can say is: It's awesome. Very interesting skillsystem and the multiplayer is funny, also the singleplayer. IMHO is PoE the best Action-RPG after the Diablo series. There is much capability for PoE... I will let a eye on it.
There was some problems with the graphics, but it's OK. It's the beta and already running good...

But I'm just a little bit sad, that PoE will be released at a very bad timing. You know? About 10 years after D2 LoD... there was nothing something like D2, wait there was Titan Quest. Yes, but something was missing in Titan Quest... I cant tell you what... but something special was missing to play it a long time.

I have waited for many years for a Diablo 3 or a GOOD Ripoff of Diablo. But there was nothing... And now when D3 will be released, a good Action-RPG called PoE is on the beta phase. Just: WTF???

I played WoW, SC2, CoD, BF, TQ and many more... I love Games and I'm not a fanboy of anything. I'm playing a good game for many years.

But what do you think GGG, i'm or us gamer going to do? Of course we are going to play Diablo 3... and when it's awesome for many years, your game won't be interested anymore. I'm not telling you that Blizzard is great and the best game maker. But it's a very heavy and hard competing company in this branch. When you release PoE at 2012, you won't get so much customers as you maybe wished. And that's really sad for such a good game. Very bad timing...

Because GGG is indie, they have been making this game for the past 5 years and will not stop now, they even said they want to make this game last for another 10 years(I can totally see that happening).
Why would PoE become uninteresting by releasing on the same year as D3?
It simply won't, because PoE can stand on it's own 2 feet, just like Torchlight and Grim Dawn.

Maybe you should proof read your own post...you even said that you like it your self, so of course you will return to play PoE ;D
Sweeping Maid
So i've had my eye on this game for while and when I heard about the beta I gave it a try. I was a busy weekend for me so I only got to play for a few hours on Sunday. All i can say is I'm hooked between the skill system, atmosphere, and rewards for positioning I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I will be playing this game. The potion system is an excellent touch I feel it matches up completely with the goals of the games difficulty and I like that they have modifiers.
"
Duffvader wrote:

haha i will not play D3, it looks childish. PoE is awesome.
I played as much as I could over the weekend and reached level 24. It's a great game and I'll be getting a diamond supporter pack in a couple of days. Have to help out the almost non-existant local developers!

I wonder if they're Final Fantasy fans with the "materia" skills and "sphere grid" levelling. Either way they both work well.

The only annoyances were that I couldn't assign to certain keys (like TAB), and they really need to add one extra row of inventory space.
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:
The game is not even close to ready for open beta, I can say that for sure. Act 3 and the trade interface are very important features that are missing. Social functions like messaging and guilds are important things too.

That said, the core gameplay is fine and mechanically it all holds up pretty well. The problems are a lack of content, so really it's mostly a matter of time.

yeah... and people seem to trash Diablo for taking so long. Don't even know if the people will ever be patient enough or even try to understand that RPG games like Diablo/Mythos/Torchlight/Path of Exile/ takes shittons of developing time. Not even talking about new content and balancing.
Path of Exile will take it's time and i'm not hoping for it to be ready. I tried the Public Beta Weekend and i understood that they are missing alot of content, especially the amount of different gear.
Otherwise i really loved the game, especially Gem and Passive forest tree ... Got me brainstorming again. I feel like Dr. House, seeking for puzzles to brainstorm haha.
But too bad i found out about this game so soon. This game is teasing me, need to wait too long for it to be actually ready.
"
Lycian wrote:

haha i will not play D3, it looks childish. PoE is awesome.

What do you mean by childish? Oh all those Diablo haters are so hyped out about the graphics haha. I just want to punch you in the face you know. Misjudging very good quality game by making fun of the Art that where made by actual artists. Well i guess normal players will never understand. They will never understand art and they will be afraid of colors because they think it's childish.
You know what? Just grow up a little and you will understand.. Try painting a little, you will finally see.
Overall, very fun. Although my only gripe (and it's rather important, as I see it) is that looking at the damage and utility of some skills VS others, it seems horribly unbalanced. Why go for anything other than Flicker Strike as a melee for single target damage + mobility? Ultimate opportunism skill imo.
I liked it alot, props for the devs always being there to answer people's questions. -1 for the trolls who came to the global chat.

The game itself looks neat but there are things needing to be fixed. The whole town portal tactic should have some sort of limitation as they are easy to obtain and can be used as a safety escape at any moment...

Also, I found a bug (perhaps due to server stress) that even if I disabled global chat, after 30m-1h it would be reenabled.
"
evargnug wrote:
Overall, very fun. Although my only gripe (and it's rather important, as I see it) is that looking at the damage and utility of some skills VS others, it seems horribly unbalanced. Why go for anything other than Flicker Strike as a melee for single target damage + mobility? Ultimate opportunism skill imo.

Flicker strike is a bit annoying to use, since it randomly teleports you where you might not want to be.

Personally, I prefer any of these:
  • Heavy Strike: heavy physical damage and knockback
  • Double Strike: higher damage and two hits
  • Viper Strike: high DoT for countering dangerous mobs with regeneration and/or energy shield
  • Elemental Hit: extremely high elemental damage that synergizes well with passives and gear
  • [list]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info