End of free week - discussion

So the free week is end and who knows if there will be any more.

I would like to hear the Developers what think on how the servers are going, is there any huge problems etc?

Do you guys want free week Path of Exile before open beta?
Do you like to play when you know you char will be deleted?
Do you want the game to go straigh open beta if servers are ok?

/Discuss any other questions, feedback to Dev team, or just what you think of the current free week play time.
I am not a developer but the free week is what turned me on to this game and now I am super pumped.
I also already brought six of my friends into this game as supporters and ready to go. I hope open beta is right around the corner.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
The game is not even close to ready for open beta, I can say that for sure. Act 3 and the trade interface are very important features that are missing. Social functions like messaging and guilds are important things too.

That said, the core gameplay is fine and mechanically it all holds up pretty well. The problems are a lack of content, so really it's mostly a matter of time.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:
The game is not even close to ready for open beta, I can say that for sure. Act 3 and the trade interface are very important features that are missing. Social functions like messaging and guilds are important things too.

That said, the core gameplay is fine and mechanically it all holds up pretty well. The problems are a lack of content, so really it's mostly a matter of time.

Rory just said, in-game, closed beta has about a month to go, though.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it lasts longer. Whatever it takes to get open beta/release as good as possible.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Guilds? LOL thats not some asian mmo dude, fack the guilds... seriously they are outdated :D
"
coffecat wrote:
So the free week is end and who knows if there will be any more.

I would like to hear the Developers what think on how the servers are going, is there any huge problems etc?

Do you guys want free week Path of Exile before open beta?
Do you like to play when you know you char will be deleted?
Do you want the game to go straigh open beta if servers are ok?

/Discuss any other questions, feedback to Dev team, or just what you think of the current free week play time.

Free week for path of exile? No, if you really want to play again just support GGG, other than that free weekend event was all about testing the server stability to hold a lot of players. How about another weekend event? Maybe, but that's up to GGG to decide if they got enough data from the 2 free weekend events.

About your 2nd question, well being a closed beta tester your duty is to play and search for possible bugs and report them. Closed beta testing isn't just playing and rushing to end. I gotta admit though, I play a bit less in closed beta, since I hate losing the progress I have made. Although I'm fine with the wipe, it is necessary for everyone to get even start at Open Beta.

About 3rd question, servers aren't the only one which needs to be considered when entering OB. Like other said, there is still things to do before we can get to OB phase. In my opinion it would be silly to go to OB straight away if they find the servers to be good enough.

Lastly about guilds, well it would be good. Remarks of being "asian mmo" when having guilds, isn't really valid. Guilds are (atleast for me) a social community to arrange in-game activities. Guilds would make it easier to gather up a party, help new players with the power of higher level guild members, helping guild members financially and so on.

I see though where OP is coming from, eager to play the awesome game. There is many of those people. I recruited atleast 2 more friends of mine to the game (don't know though if they are going to support with the packs though).
Last edited by Ceppana on May 14, 2012, 2:43:05 AM
The topic for the guilds get me interested.. consider the world is NOT open world and you will not see any people outside camps, until you party up.

Maybe some kind of party finder lists in-game?

As for your quote "if you really want to play again just support GGG" You see not 10/10 people support the game, and this is due the fact that the world holds poor and rich, also avarage people, some have the ability to support, others, sadly just can't.
I don't need a guild in a game like this. I have my friends list.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
My oh my... I spent a good deal of time playing this over the weekend during the open beta stress test, and I have to say I am very impressed by what I've seen so far.

I was kind of sad this morning, as the "Public access will end in 10 minutes" message flashed up in the chat window.

Things I love about this game:

1)The atmosphere - this stood out for me. Dark, eerie and full of a sense of foreboding and hopelessness.

2)The combat - Meaty, everything works well (of the things I tried), does not get repetitive, plenty of variation.

3)The passive skills - I'm sure everyone has mentioned this already, but the passive skill tree is innovative, bloody huge, and again, it works well.

4)The community - lots of mature, helpful people, and the dedicated players really stand out. Anyone sticking around will quickly find themselves making new friends to go off questing with, and slaying all manner of monsters.

I would say that Diablo 3 has a worthy contender here (and this is coming from a hardened Diablo fan).

Hat's off to the Grinding Gear Games team for pulling this off - good job guys!

PS. I actually find myself really tempted to put D3 on hold for a while and stick around... And seeing as I pre-ordered it 2 years ago, I never envisaged for a moment that I'd find something to make me say that!
Last edited by chrisp3gg on May 14, 2012, 6:55:34 PM
"
coffecat wrote:
some have the ability to support, others, sadly just can't.

I have read this answer on more than one occasion, and I still don't understand. If you cannot afford ten dollars to play a video game, how can you afford to waste time playing a video game?
"It's a harsh, difficult world. You have to be prepared for it. We're not babying the players."
- Chris Wilson - Producer, Lead Designer @ Grinding Gear Games

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info