End of free week - discussion

"
Raycheetah wrote:

Really? No clue?

When you selected your character, did there not appear some text explaining a bit of why you were being exiled? =0[.]o=

yes, no clue. the texts tell me that the "heroes" were brought on that ship because they are criminals (or so).
now tell me, who did this and why? certainly not to just get rid of criminals by sending them to wraeclast, but what else could be the reason?
and why do you start washed ashore, was the ship attacked and sunk or do they usually throw their passengers over board instead of landing them?

i am not complaining about some mysteries, plot turns or whatever, i just feel that some vital information is missing that my character should certainly have.
(usually, if you take the risks and costs of exiling criminals you want them to do something in return, like hoping that they will settle a new continent for you. but in order to accomplish that, you still need to provide some support and directions, the first australians didnt wake up at the beach without knowing whats going on, didnt they?)
I'm surprised at how well the servers held up, but disappointed at the number of players. It didn't even go over 9000, did it?
"
Silty wrote:
I'm surprised at how well the servers held up, but disappointed at the number of players. It didn't even go over 9000, did it?

You cant be sure, Towns are instanced.
"
coffecat wrote:
"
Silty wrote:

You cant be sure, Towns are instanced.

I used the /online command and got about 6000 most times.
it sure felt as if there were at least twice as much people telling everyone how D3 was going to be so much better ...
When was trying previous public test lack of ai didnt bothered me. It was straight forward. Now when there is working ai with skills i feel a lack of challenge.
I enjoyed this free weekend. Its my first contact with PoE and it was good and pleasure for me. Even more then Diablo III beta.

I want play more, I don't care my chars will be deleted on release.
Best option will be unlimited chance to play before release.

Things i don't liked:

I want free and unlimited respecs in game, its extremaly important for me to be able to change play style completely and easy.
This can be huge factor when I choose this game or Diablo.
I don't want make new char because i screwed my talents or want play other way.

"
Elua wrote:

I want free and unlimited respecs in game, its extremaly important for me to be able to change play style completely and easy.
This can be huge factor when I choose this game or Diablo.
I don't want make new char because i screwed my talents or want play other way.

I played quite a bit over the free weekend and advanced my Marauder to level 37. In this time I noticed I had 7 skill tree respec points and 3 Orbs of Regret, making a total of 10 respec points (which is an AMPLE amount for a level 37). You should of spent more time researching the direction you wanted your character to develop instead of hastily selecting a skill. The skill tree is quite overwhelming at first because of it's size, but with careful viewing, it's not that difficult. I for one know it's tough to stop the monster murder madness for a few moments to plan my skill tree route, but in the end, it made me a more efficient mob mangler.
"
Elua wrote:

Then this is not the game for you. Free easy respecs cheapen the entire game and remove meaning from passive choices.
"
pskfry wrote:

This is a major turn-off for me. Story is incredibly important in RPGs. Path of Exile claims to take an old-school approach, and if they don't claim that, they certainly act like they do. I mean, we have spammable potions ffs. There must be a story, and it must be ingrained into the game. Even if it's vague, and a puzzle, that's fine, but it has to be there.

You say you like exploring because you don't know what's around the corner. That's fine, but what's around the corner is another nameless place with bad guys in it. And even if you explore the entire place you will be no more privy to what you're doing than when you first walked in. There is no progression at all, Wraeclast is a suffocating, lifeless, dreary place, and made unbearably so by the lack of any story whatsoever.

The only way the game can get any more bland is by having no story, which it doesn't. The game is like Desolace in vanilla WoW. Such an overly gray eyesore that I quit the game and never looked back.

That is the thing though, there is story. There are little bits of information that you get from the npcs and from reading around the website. It's all apart of what happens to Wreaclast and why it is what it is now. What it seems like you want is a full blown out story to walk you every step of the way so that you no every little possible detail. No mystery and no creativity on the players part.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info