Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 2 - Core Character Defences and Recovery

"
Previously, if you had 10,000 Armour and you took a hit that dealt 2,000 physical damage, you'd reduce that hit by 20%. Now you'll reduce that hit by 33%.

A rule of thumb with the new Armour formula is that if you want to get 50% mitigation against a physical damage hit, you need 5 times the damage as Armour

What?

So you have 10000 armor, get hit for 2000, you reduce it by 33% despite it claiming that to achieve 50% of the mitigation you need 5 times the armor, which it has in the example, am I stupid and overlooking something or what's up with that?
wow ... a new game
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Rip Gladiator :/
BatChest CHILLS
Balance changes are looking good, took a break this league but will be jumping back in for next.

Really like the way these changes are being communicated/formatted now, and no doubt some things won't feel right off the rip - but glad to see a lot of time and thought has been put into it
GGG: "We are going to buff defense and recovery"

GGG: "We have removed or nerfed almost every source of defense and recovery"
IGN: Microwave
Hmmmmm. Are we getting a few more passive points to utilize the new keystones?
Wait, aren't previously evasion+dodge capped characters going to take 4 times as many hits because of the dodge removal?

Or am I missing something?
"
Raghin wrote:
"
"Versatile Combatant is now a Keystone Passive on the Passive Skill Tree: Grants +2% Chance to Block Spell Damage for each 1% Overcapped Chance to Block Attack Damage."

You got me excited.

"
"Also grants -25% to maximum Chance to Block Attack Damage, and -25% to maximum Chance to Block Spell Damage. This means that if you have a 75% chance to Block Attack Damage, allocating this Keystone Passive grants you a 50% chance to Block Attack Damage, as well as a 50% chance to Block Spell Damage."

And then you shit on my face.
STOP.ADDING.---EXCESSIVE---.PUNISHING.TRADEOFFS.

It often feels you literally overcompensate in nerfs because you are terrified of actually letting players DEFEND themselves. If players can't make a tankzilla this league with your new buffs, as in they want to play S.L.O.W. and tanky, you have to re-evaluate a lot more in design.

The biggest defence changes that excites me is stacking faster start of ES regen.

I also read in the notes "Tempest Shield can no longer be supported with supports because the mana reservation cost is TOO DAMN HIGH".
- Was this intentional?

Versatile combatant's negative tradeoffs really aren't that bad. Pair it with glancing blows and life/es/mana gain on block, now any class is tanky. Currently this is only really easily achievable as a gladiator because of versatile combatant. While I'm a little sad that they're nerfing it for gladiator, I think it's reasonable.
I never thought I'd be hyped about defences! Pretty cool stuff!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info