Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 2 - Core Character Defences and Recovery

"
Andara wrote:
hi GGG, hope you are reading this!
I wanted to not only rant about "everything beeing shit", but actually providing infos about my build:

old:
10.000 evasion + blind + acrobatics
==> was 73% evasion (because of blind) and around ~80% chance to not be hit (because of dodge)

new (already calculated in the new blind values)
10.000 evasion + blind
==> is 49% chance to not be hit (no dodge)

new with ADDED 50% reservation GRACE (new grace changes accounted for)
27.000 evasion + blind
==> is ~ 77% (according to GGG 24.000 = 75%)

SOOOOO: THIS MEANS WE HAVE TO USE AN ADDITIONAL 50% AURA TO REACH THE SAME DEFENSE AS BEFORE??? are you kidding me? what kind of BUFF is that supposed to be?

Please GGG reconsider the values and raise them DRASTICALLY...

ps: I left out the missing spell dodge, because I dont know how the spell suppression will be added to the existing evasion nodes, but it better is INCLUDED in the same nodes we already take for evasion.

Just a quick note: the 24200 evasion needed for 75% dodge isn't including blind (and any blind effect boosts), that and armour modifiers are also getting a buff which could make it easier to hit the sweet spot.
Come on!!! Stop your 2k hp build calculation already.
Even 5k hp build is gonna die now, GGG definitely needs to rebalance the monster damage now.
Last edited by linghuchong9 on Oct 14, 2021, 7:56:19 AM
No winddancer, no fortify, no acro/phaseacro, no blind. Evasion is dead now, that whole 3rd of the tree is dead to me.

Doubling evasion calc doesn't even come close to matching the EHP loss.
"
No winddancer, no fortify, no acro/phaseacro, no blind. Evasion is dead now, that whole 3rd of the tree is dead to me.

Doubling evasion calc doesn't even come close to matching the EHP loss.

Hah, I missed the Wind Dancer nerf. Looks like it went straight from universally useful to universally useless.

Just drop all those nodes and invest in the only good defensive stat: DPS
I really thought fortify would be buffed considering Dodge and Blind were removed/nerfedintothegrave. The fortify nerf really blindsided me.
"
I really thought fortify would be buffed considering Dodge and Blind were removed/nerfedintothegrave. The fortify nerf really blindsided me.

Why would you think fortify would get special treatment over Blind, considering they're both overly strong 'secondary' defences?
"
Psaakyrn wrote:
"

Why would you think fortify would get special treatment over Blind, considering they're both overly strong 'secondary' defences?

Because fortify was there to specifically allow melee to go toe to toe with mobs. Since they took away so many alt defenses, seemed like the balance for melee would be to strengthen theirs. There is less possibility for it to be abused at range. Stripped my main melee of dodge, but still have blind, to see how things feel and I am feeling pain on tier 16 boss fights. Once blind goes, it will be road kill.

Once again I am disappointed but will hold out hope that things get better when the new skill tree drops.
good way
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
"
"
Psaakyrn wrote:
"

Because fortify was there to specifically allow melee to go toe to toe with mobs. Since they took away so many alt defenses, seemed like the balance for melee would be to strengthen theirs. There is less possibility for it to be abused at range. Stripped my main melee of dodge, but still have blind, to see how things feel and I am feeling pain on tier 16 boss fights. Once blind goes, it will be road kill.

Once again I am disappointed but will hold out hope that things get better when the new skill tree drops.

And fortify still works for melee characters, so your point is? It's nerfed for classes who don't regularly melee.
"
Psaakyrn wrote:
"
"
Psaakyrn wrote:

And fortify still works for melee characters, so your point is? It's nerfed for classes who don't regularly melee.

It took 1 strike to activate fortify before. Not sure if you have used a strike skill before but it takes longer to get 20 than 1 for most strike skills. There is also a damage threshold so it may take even longer for bosses. All this happens with no more dodge and lesser blind when setting up fortify and other defenses like endurance charges.

This is painful change unless the skill tree mitigates. What are you not clear on. Can I help clarify further?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info