Concerned about the cut-throat league.

I feel all this league needs is the first 10 levels of protection for farming/gearing up. then after that. Slay away
imo the best pvp was lvls 4-7 imo, afterwards balance issues become very obvious such as being frozen 100%-0% by a frost witch even while you use flasks that remove frozen. Or 1shotted by 2h Marauders and dualist.

Now I wouldn't be opposed to a different type of league that has a free farming start, but please not for CT.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
Last edited by NotSorry on Apr 22, 2012, 12:16:47 PM
Go play darkfall, or make sure to try darkfall 2.0 when it comes out, has all the full loot and massive world and everything you really could want. df 2.0 will fix a lot of the problems with the original game. but something to look into as a pvper. I don't anticipate poe being a great pvp game, i think its great they are implementing a full loot system, but you need a much bigger stash and like you mentioned in original post that full loot doesn't work too well with a loot system that is currently in place. Look how hard it currently is to find a good weapon. Gear has to make just enough difference so people will want to wear it, but has to be easily replaceable, so we aren't grinding a whole week to lose it in one death.
I could agree to a base set of gear maybe even just a starting weapon relative to your level/class/spec(modded of course to be uncraftable so you could just abuse it). Unless you're trying to replace a 100% perfect set with another 100% perfect set I don't see any way it should take you more than 10-20mins max to do so in the game as it currently is.

But thanks for the heads up I'll keep an eye out for DF2.0 always looking for more games to keep me balanced.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
How do I play in this Cut-Throat League? It's not an option for me. :(
Cut-Throat is not officially out yet. You must be confused from other people commenting their experiences on it. Those were people testing the league for a short duration of time.
"
DareEvans wrote:
How do I play in this Cut-Throat League? It's not an option for me. :(
Saturday 3pm PST it will be open again
Simply having a few friends on your side makes a relatively large difference.

It can be good and bad, if you're smart about it, it's avoidable.
However you do have some valid points. Hope someone of importance checks the thread out.
Just an idea. What if they give us a option to transfer our chars from default to CT? So you have 2 options:

1. You can create a char in CT and join other Hardcore players from the beginning.
2. Or you can choose to play in a safe way in default league, just until you think you're strong enough. Then you can transfer your char to CT (the transfer is permanent of course). It will give noobs and new people a chance to survive in CT league without getting slaughtered from the very beginning by some HC gamers who have been playing CT from the start.

I intend to play the game in default league 1st to get used to it, but in the near future I'm thinking about trying CT and I don't like the idea being a lv1 Templar who can't even get out of the town to farm.
Losing your skill gems is the part that sucks the most.

The gear, whatever that part i'm ok with
IGN: Guillotine - Shadow - Open Beta
Bawss - 73 Witch - Closed Beta

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info