Concerned about the cut-throat league.

Dont play CUT THROAT if you dont agree to the rules!!

There are other leagues for you!!

4th reason I left d3 : PVE Winers.
I want a no rules league. I want to see gankers. I want to see unfair advantages and unfair fights. I don't want a rule-oriented cut-throat league.

Honestly structured pvp is one of the most annoying things to me in video games these days.

I like the way Shadowbane did things. It was a very pvp centric game. Essentially nobody could attack you for the first 20 levels, but then after that you were free game. Welcome to hell. I want to see that in Cut-Throat league.
the BEST thing about Diablo2 online was the fact that in hardcore mode a lvl 99 char could join your low lvl 20ish game and KILL YOU! Made it way more awesome!
I'd like to see 3 PVP Leagues that progressively become more difficult. Something like this:

#1 Death until a midnight reset + inventory drop -OR- Level exp resets (all exp bars go empty but you never loose a level) + inventory drop.

#2 All gear drops -OR- Random gear drop + death until midnight reset + exp bars reset.

#3 Hardcore. All gear drops.
I didn't read this entire thread.. so I apologize ahead of time if someone already mentioned this. Here are a couple ideas I am going to throw out there for those concerned and looking for solutions to soft-core mode.

1) They could set it up so when you get killed you lose your entire inventory (not the gear you are wearing), along with a random piece of the gear you are wearing. Just like Shadowbane was set up except for you actually lose a piece of your good gear.

2) They could set it up so you lose everything except for your gems that are currently equipped on the gear you are wearing so you at least have something to use after death.

3) They could put a level cap on how low of players one can kill.. ie you cannot kill someone 10 or 20 levels below you OR allow people to kill anyone but put harsh timed consequences for it.. ie you do 50% less damage for 30 minutes, or whatever it may be.

Just a couple ideas, and again I apologize if they were already mentioned.

Personally, I love open world pvp. I expect to get griefed, and I am sure I would be caught doing it myself from time to time even though I usually don't. I have no problem with it being set up for zero rules/everything goes/no limitations. Maybe there will be leagues for all 3 styles mentioned above and one with no rules. Who knows? I never got a chance to play UO because at the time I didn't even know what MMO's were. I played Asheron's Call for about a year on a pvp server, I played Shadowbane from beta to close, and I currently play Darkfall Online.. which is an open full loot pvp game. Only in Darkfall it isn't a huge deal to lose your gear. The best gear is harder to get but not so uncommon that if you lost it your world we be crushed.
Last edited by MtHoodlum on Apr 3, 2012, 5:41:16 PM
"
Vvemoth wrote:
I want a no rules league. I want to see gankers. I want to see unfair advantages and unfair fights. I don't want a rule-oriented cut-throat league.

Honestly structured pvp is one of the most annoying things to me in video games these days.

I like the way Shadowbane did things. It was a very pvp centric game. Essentially nobody could attack you for the first 20 levels, but then after that you were free game. Welcome to hell. I want to see that in Cut-Throat league.

+1 This ^

Shadowbane was the best PVP of all times.

I want to be ganked and I want to gank back. This is what makes guilds useful. It increases strategy. It requires fast thinking and reaction.

REGARDING EQUIPMENT :
You should drop only what you are CARRYING.
Not what you are WEARING.
How about some guard like NPC protects towns? Something that will keep extremely high level players from preying on noobs.
All I have to say is WOW!, I have been playing ARPG, MMO's for over 12 years now and every time a game tries to bring any kind of real PVP system in all the cry babies out that already control 90% of the ARPG/MMO Market RUIN it for the PVP community!

Simply put if you do not like it, DO NOT PLAY THAT LEAGUE and leave those people to do what they like/love to do. No one is forcing you to play the Cut-Throat league and with the wide range of leagues available PLUS the ability to spawn your own league, this is not a problem! You want soft-core Cut-throat league just go make it, I'm sure the other people that want that will follow you to that league instead. The people who truly want to play Cut-Throat or HC-Cut-Throat will, and will love every min of it.

What people forget about systems that are fully open to PVP and looting is the system police its self! You don't need rules or restrictions, people make the rules / restrictions. You go and get ganked by the same guy over and over again, you and the rest of the people that he has been praying on gang up and take him out! or your guild/clan goes into the zone and clears house. The long and short of it is the system truly regulates its self. To push the fact even further what most people will do is have MULTIPLE sets of armor (Hunting armor, PVP armor, Spare Set 1-10) in there stash in the event they get dropped. Armor is very plentiful in the game its nothing to worry about.

I think this league has TONS of potential along with all the other leagues that will spring up. Please don't destroy this league or change it for the masses will other can be built!

Now with that said here is some looting system changes that I could see in other leagues to make it a little more forgiving for those who want that

Suggestion 1: Based on your level a random number of items drops on death. So low levels would only drop 1 item, where higher levels would drop 4-5 items. Something like: Lvl 1-10 (1 item per death), Level 10-20 (2 Items per death), LVL 20-30 (3 Items per death) and so on

Suggestion 2: Death items purchase or insurance. You can buy death items that cover 1 item per death item. These would be expensive say a chaos orb per death item or something allowing you to cover your most guarded items but it would cost you and if you are killed repeatedly you wouldn't be able to continue to keep covering your items. Allowing people to eventually get at your loot

Suggestion 3: When you die you would be prompted a choice to keep your gems or loose them. If you decide to keep your gems the lvl'ed gems would re-appear in your stash upon death however they would have a small xp loss on the gem. This would make it so if kept dieing you would be forced to go lvl your gems or have some skill loss.

Please make a cut throat HC league without the possibility to make guild or even a party!11
"
MtHoodlum wrote:

1) They could set it up so when you get killed you lose your entire inventory (not the gear you are wearing), along with a random piece of the gear you are wearing. Just like Shadowbane was set up except for you actually lose a piece of your good gear.

This. Losing your entire inventory is too much in this game because of the skill/item relationship. Potentially dropping just one piece of gear requires a player to think carefully about how they socket items. Putting your main skills on your weapon would badly cripple a player if it were to drop.

Full loot would push the focus of the game away from pvp encounters and over to pve grinding because death would basically be like starting over. Die once? Forget about jumping back into battle, time to spend hours farming! With a loot system that drops one item on death plus inventory I will likely get a decent piece of loot with every kill. This would not be the case if EVERY item were to drop as most people would be running around in second rate junk, and that's not fun for the ganker or gankee. I don't like looting trash.

However, for hardcore cut throat... Drop. Everything.
Last edited by Weedhopper on Apr 7, 2012, 1:31:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info