Concerned about the cut-throat league.

just played the hour league and it was awesome! sure it has some tweaking but man what a bad ass idea. combined with hardcore and you got some fear.. and i want to be scared! the league was great and fun! keep it up cant wait for hardcore cut throat!
Just played one hour and got 10-0, still I just ended at level 10 :( Wasn't it 30% for each kill?
First cut-throat experience ever in an ARPG (got my ass handed to me), but had some legitimately thrilling moments in-between watching my char magically teleport back to town naked about 4 or 5 times.

One thing I REALLY like about this game mode is the incentive to party up. Should've thought of that sooner! In other modes it just feels like there isn't any real incentive to party at this time, which is a shame. Hopefully this changes that!

It definitely feels like there is potential for griefing, like camping instance spawns. The best idea I could hazard would be to extend "grace period" rules a little longer, while including movement and skill use. That way if PK'ers are straight up camping an instance entrance the entrant can cause damage to campers while they can not, at least for a short while. That would encourage PK'ers to move out more into the map where it would be more appropriate to roam for ganks. For now you can be invulnerable, yes, but and errant twitch can ruin everything, and there is no penalty for players to camp such bottlenecks currently.

[/2cents]

Overall though, I didn't see a ton of that happening, and had a tons of fun. Definitely the most fun I've had playing an ARPG in a good long while.

Keep it up, GGG!
Last edited by AMightyFlash on Aug 3, 2012, 11:58:18 PM

Suggestions:-

1. provide an option to filter out(hide) all items.
This will improve those class that dont use "hold" button.
Hate picking up items when not suppose to.

2. Hope care is taken into the latency, especially so for the "who is the 1st that enter the instances". This is the most impact of them all.
(a workaround - adding a latency info on the instances table before entering it)

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
едрит мадрид =_=
"
starsg wrote:

Suggestions:-

1. provide an option to filter out(hide) all items.
This will improve those class that dont use "hold" button.
Hate picking up items when not suppose to.

Already exists in the options: "Key Pickup", under the UI tab.

"
starsg wrote:
2. Hope care is taken into the latency, especially so for the "who is the 1st that enter the instances". This is the most impact of them all.
(a workaround - adding a latency info on the instances table before entering it)

They are continuing to work on the prediction algorithms, but I'm not really sure why who joins the instance first matters so much.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
As others said before me, you choose to play the cut-throat league. The entire world isn't open to full looting and PvP all the time. By entering the cut-throat league, you accept the EVE dogma of "don't fly what you can't replace".
I have one question about cutthroat legue that will chance my view do i join this league or leave it behind:

are you able to group up in this league ? meaning if there is 2-7 people who decide to work together to dominate this gamemode ( add 8th person to keep anyone else joining the game ). Are they able to choose wich "instance" they'll join ( this means they are able to group up 7 vs 1 ) or is instances totally randomed where you join, and if they are randomed is it still possible to abuse this, meaning in higher levels if there is only few people playing are they all in same instance.

another question i had in mind, are you able to play "private" meaninng no one can join your game, but i quess you can't because that would ruin the whole mode.
as an idea maybe when you get killed you only drop your one best piece of equipment so that you are not set back too muck but the killer still gets a nice reward. i'm one of those players that is semi committed to everything so i know how it feels to be the picked on lower level character in most MMO's out there and this has been the best system in my opinion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info