Concerned about the cut-throat league.

While this is Capitalism, Default isn't Communism.
See it?
Lady Luck Loves a Trust Fall
This sounds like the best idea for a game mode ever!! Cant wait to get ownd by high lvl peeps and struggle to become one of them and return the favor ^_^
I agree with what many others have already posted in this thread. I think that although it will be fun and exciting in the beginning with so many people still building up, I believe eventually it will die down. Many will turn to weak equipment in order to take away the risk involved, but still be able to enjoy the satisfaction of looting another's gear. In the end I believe that there will be three groups of people: newcomers trying to make it(most won't), people griefing with weak equipment, and the few rich ppl/groups that dominate the league with little fear because they have an abundance of equipment.
Please implement exactly as described. Asheron's Call Darktide server was very similar and was the best gaming experience I've ever had to this day.
Here are some ideas, since the thread is 16 pages long now I did not bother to read everything.

I have not had the chance to experiment with UO (Too young) but am a long time EVE Online players. There are also two games that I have not seen mentionned here that have a decent PVP system : Demon souls and Dark souls.

The system could work as follows :

-User has to consume a special currency to invade another's player game. He doesnt know who the player is but player would have to be around his level.

-Item loot could be random, 1-3 equipped pieces that drop, or you can set that if the invader wins, he gets 1 piece. But if its the ''victim'' that wins, he gets 2 pieces... etc.

Of course, for PVP players can invade each others world as they like, and the league could also keep some ''Public instances''.
this league sounds bonkers awesome lol I will not do it lol Sounds incredibly wicked. I like it but I cant imagine getting pked with uber gear going to the victor lol Wicked
I understand this league is to just have "anything goes" and once you get to a high level to just smash through noobies as it does seem fun at first. I think it would ruin the league but to STILL make this possible maybe have a level range of players you can slay. Possibly being able to kill players 10 levels lower would be the cap as it would just be cruel for killing anything lower than 10 levels and obviously just an ass move since you would not acquire higher level items off this character and the other character would have no chance at all.

A 10 level cap or whatever the cap may be fair, would give the higher level player MUCH more power and SHOULD be able to easily slay the other character but in some instance the lower level may be VERY well geared and be the underdog and still take out the higher level to be a huge surprise. Something like this could seem extremely fun but I know everyone has their own opinions.
Last edited by Herner on Aug 2, 2012, 4:32:11 AM
Artificial restrictions that protect players are one of the worst things ever implemented into mmo's with PVP. It's the reason PvP'ers still don't have anywhere to go in the mmo market...

If you're a low level and you don't want to get ganked, then don't travel alone. Simple.

PvP balance = a group of low level characters can defeat a single higher level character. (numbers/specifics tweaked accordingly).

It's not hard, people try to over-complicate things because they want they're hand held and don't want to get killed.

If you're getting ganked over and over again, here's an idea. STOP GOING TO THE SAME SPOT... More often not, griefing occurs because the person being griefed keeps continuing the cycle. In addition for every griefer, there's a high level character who wants to hunt lowbie gankers.

Here are some more buzz word. PLAYER JUSTICE/PLAYER FREEDOM. Let players police themselves and dish out justice accordingly. If a person keeps harassing lowbies, let it be known, group up and take him down. Stop asking for artificial restrictions to help you and stop trying to remove the essence/excitement from PvP.
cant wait to see the pvp tonight
"
Constantine24 wrote:
Artificial restrictions that protect players are one of the worst things ever implemented into mmo's with PVP. It's the reason PvP'ers still don't have anywhere to go in the mmo market...

If you're a low level and you don't want to get ganked, then don't travel alone. Simple.

PvP balance = a group of low level characters can defeat a single higher level character. (numbers/specifics tweaked accordingly).

It's not hard, people try to over-complicate things because they want they're hand held and don't want to get killed.

If you're getting ganked over and over again, here's an idea. STOP GOING TO THE SAME SPOT... More often not, griefing occurs because the person being griefed keeps continuing the cycle. In addition for every griefer, there's a high level character who wants to hunt lowbie gankers.

Here are some more buzz word. PLAYER JUSTICE/PLAYER FREEDOM. Let players police themselves and dish out justice accordingly. If a person keeps harassing lowbies, let it be known, group up and take him down. Stop asking for artificial restrictions to help you and stop trying to remove the essence/excitement from PvP.

I agree! And if im not the king of the hill..well.. Let the zerging begin! D:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info