[3.20]⚡ZaPwner's Crackling Lance Occultist⚡48M Pinacle Boss DPS

Hey there

I started with arc and later on decided to switch into crackling lance. It took me a quite a lot of awful farming to redo certain tree sections. This is also the first build I did without any guide, so naturally it's not really good.

After a few weeks i decided to google "crackling lance occultist" and landed in this thread.

My initial goal was to go with ES and CI, which i still do. My setup isn't as good as yours, and im sitting at 6k ES + 2 endu charges.

I'm not sure if i can get this build to run red maps (been able to do t11 and t12, but i died once or twice i think) and boss dps is kinda bad.

As you stated one might run into mana regen problems, which indeed happens when mobs take longer to die. However I managed to get a bit of mana regen and it's barely noticable.

What I like about my version is that i have endu, power and frenzy charges, yes, sorry, i love the floating baubles :D

Now I don't know if it will help you, but i thought i might share my current setup with you, maybe you'll see something that can help you. Of course some items are quite bad - the ruby ring for example has life reg on it, which i don't need anymore since i turned off zealot's oath. Yet I don't use ghost reaver either - at least i don't feel i'm in need of it atm.

Thx for your build - the threat of hope was helpful in order to get more stuff covered in the tree.

https://pastebin.com/qpUxbxQ4
Last edited by Clyan on Nov 15, 2021, 7:04:19 AM
Really enjoying following this build so far except for one thing. Stinking thread of hope. very large should be better than just large right? No. It's useless, fine so I get the large size radius shown in the guide... and it still doesn't work! Breath of lightening, heart of thunder, and static blows are not within the radius. How the heck does this jewel work? Is the jewel shown in the guide the wrong one? Edit: just looked at the jewel in the POB it's correctly marked medium. It's marked large in the gear section though >:)
Last edited by weLUIGI on Nov 15, 2021, 5:45:13 PM
How does one go about getting all blue slots on the Saint's? It seems almost impossible to roll without getting at least one red.
How do I deal with reflected elemental damage?
"
weLUIGI wrote:
Really enjoying following this build so far except for one thing. Stinking thread of hope. very large should be better than just large right? No. It's useless, fine so I get the large size radius shown in the guide... and it still doesn't work! Breath of lightening, heart of thunder, and static blows are not within the radius. How the heck does this jewel work? Is the jewel shown in the guide the wrong one? Edit: just looked at the jewel in the POB it's correctly marked medium. It's marked large in the gear section though >:)

This is a mistake from my side, because I updated the pob and not the item links. You need a MEDIUM ranged thread of hope instead of the old Very Large.

Unfortunately I need to farm these in game in order to update the items displayed and I didn't got the chance to do so.
"
How do I deal with reflected elemental damage?

That's the neat part kiddo: You don't :).

You cannot do elemental reflection maps, so just reroll their modifiers.

For Atziri I mentioned in the guide:
1. take Yugul from pantheon (50% reduction)
2. (change form old guide) change your elemental mastery from near storm weaver from "40% increased effect of non-damaging ailments" to "60% reduced Reflected Elemental Damage taken" (60% reduction)
3. Place a "Sibyl's Lament" ring in your left slot (80% reduction).
4. remove your "Conductivity" and "Elemental Weakness" curses when you enter to atziri, since she curse reflects and that will reduce your reductions.

So you have a total of 190% reduction to play with when needed.

I think with 1 and 2 you can even do maps, but I never tried that myself.
"
FohMante wrote:
How does one go about getting all blue slots on the Saint's? It seems almost impossible to roll without getting at least one red.

I did it by spamming chromatics. You have a decent chance. I manged to do it quite fast.

If you are flustered, save some harvest crafts which change "red sockets" to blue sockets if you get by any.

Also you can have Vorici crafting in Syndicate to have white sockets , but it's a gamble since it can actually change some blue sockets so meeh.

One oscillation you can do is to use Inspiration support (if you have only one red socket), since it will have the benefit of also helping you with mana problems. But I would go with full blue to be honest.
"
Clyan wrote:
Hey there

I started with arc and later on decided to switch into crackling lance. It took me a quite a lot of awful farming to redo certain tree sections. This is also the first build I did without any guide, so naturally it's not really good.

After a few weeks i decided to google "crackling lance occultist" and landed in this thread.

My initial goal was to go with ES and CI, which i still do. My setup isn't as good as yours, and im sitting at 6k ES + 2 endu charges.

I'm not sure if i can get this build to run red maps (been able to do t11 and t12, but i died once or twice i think) and boss dps is kinda bad.

As you stated one might run into mana regen problems, which indeed happens when mobs take longer to die. However I managed to get a bit of mana regen and it's barely noticable.

What I like about my version is that i have endu, power and frenzy charges, yes, sorry, i love the floating baubles :D

Now I don't know if it will help you, but i thought i might share my current setup with you, maybe you'll see something that can help you. Of course some items are quite bad - the ruby ring for example has life reg on it, which i don't need anymore since i turned off zealot's oath. Yet I don't use ghost reaver either - at least i don't feel i'm in need of it atm.

Thx for your build - the threat of hope was helpful in order to get more stuff covered in the tree.

https://pastebin.com/qpUxbxQ4

Thanks for the kind wods.

And Thanks for your PoB. I've been bumping my head against a hard wall trying to come with a decent CI build, but I always fail when it comes to mana consumption.

The following issues is what I bumped into:

1. I know the build is mana consumption heavy, and the mana cost of a single cast is 117 in the end. Add to that very high cast speed ( I have 7.45 on my build) you will end up with 871 mana consumed per second.

2. Furthermore you cannot have the super awesome "Arcane cloak + arcane surge" combo, which is a serious DPS hit.

And if the build is not 21M dps .. well ... I tend to do glass cannon high dps, "Look at the big numbers" builds. I never enjoyed tankiness myself :). Also the build might seem very sucky if the mobs get close to you because you can't pop them fast enough.

Please go ahead with what you started, I hope it will prove awesome in the end. What you can do , to relief some of that mana problem, is to use divergent inspiration support, while also taking the mana cost reduction nodes / masteries. I managed to get my crackling lance down to 30 mana / cast with this, which would mean 223 mana / second, sustainable with a normal mana flask I believe. But no more arcane cloak.
Hi! really love the build. Always was intrested in Crackling lance so I figured I'm gonna give it a shot.

2 questions

1. I feel like im absolutley glass cannon is this normal like i cant even properly run t16 maps without getting one shotted from time to time.

2. How come your PoB damage (the lvl 93) tree that ur damage is SO much higher? Here is my PoB

https://pastebin.com/GFjtf1DJ

Hi i am trying to do the build, I saw your watcher eye is clarity based, yet on the pob you are not using clarity

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info