[3.20]⚡ZaPwner's Crackling Lance Occultist⚡48M Pinacle Boss DPS

"
Switchersaw wrote:
Messing around with this build after finding it a couple of days ago, I have a couple of notes that ive observed following the PoB / checking some things

Crown of the Inward Eye is very competitive to Mindspiral, being a much larger DPS/ES gain but a Manapool loss, so only worse against strictly chaos damage sources, but at a ~10% overall DPS gain, freeing up the amulet anoint and +370~ES compared to your PoB gear, seemed like a good alternative especially when looking for the cast speed enchant.

It's also worth noting that when you have Arcane Swiftness, you don't need the high-cost Freeze immunity craft on boots, only the cheap 80% chance craft will suffice and you'll reach 100% freeze immunity between the two sources.

I've also opted for a slightly lower DPS from having a Conductivity On Hit ring so I can get more other stats and likely will pair it with an Ele weakness on hit ring in the other slot for more consistency of double cursing.

Void Sphere is also very underrated utility, which I'm opting to run instead of tempest shield in my Trigger wand, might sub tempest shield back in if I get the ele weakness ring sorted.

Cheers for the build guide :)

Thanks for the kudos. I'm very happy to have made crackling lance work, since I know it's not mainstream at all.

Regarding your suggestion with Crown of Inward Eye, you are spot on, and thank you for pointing it out. Somehow in my mind I forgot about the transfigurations provided by the item. I will update the guide and PoB accordingly.

Regarding removing mark of submission: I plan to do this when I will get a vulnerability on hit pair of gloves (corrupted over 100 with no success so far) and replace it with a Mark of The Shaper + Elder Opal Ring setup. This should be complemented with an unveiled trigger suffix on the wand (going to use veiled chaoses + prefixes cannot be changed to craft one). I think 4 seconds is more than enough to make sure big targets get a 21+ conductivity on them.

I still need to test how pairing a 21+ triggered conductivity with an "on hit" conductivity interact (I think the on hit will override the 21+ which sucks).

Now that we have an open anoint, what to take ? My 2 cents would be Arcane Capacitor, since the mechanic (at least from what I see in the forum) will always take the stronger Arcane Cloak (which is our beloved lvl 20) AND you will have 50% increase effect on that (you are a good mana spender).

Would be happy to hear your opinion on this.
"
ZaPwner wrote:
Now that we have an open anoint, what to take ? My 2 cents would be Arcane Capacitor, since the mechanic (at least from what I see in the forum) will always take the stronger Arcane Cloak (which is our beloved lvl 20) AND you will have 50% increase effect on that (you are a good mana spender).

Arcane Capacitor is likely very good as a premium anoint [roughly +13% damage at full stacks for me] based on some very brief tests ive done, so long as all the issues with it overwriting stronger sources of arcane surge have been worked out, which Ill try and test in maps. I'd overlooked that and has just temporarily thrown on the cheaper Divine Judgement.

It'll also buff out clear even more as you'll get the lower arcane surge when not constantly popping arcane cloak. Win win, to be honest.

I still need to get the clusters sorted, and I have some ideas I would like to try there: Cold Conduction + Blast-Freeze could be a very nice extra defensive layer for 1 medium cluster, for giving up a little bit of damage.
"
Switchersaw wrote:
"
ZaPwner wrote:

Arcane Capacitor is likely very good as a premium anoint [roughly +13% damage at full stacks for me] based on some very brief tests ive done, so long as all the issues with it overwriting stronger sources of arcane surge have been worked out, which Ill try and test in maps. I'd overlooked that and has just temporarily thrown on the cheaper Divine Judgement.

It'll also buff out clear even more as you'll get the lower arcane surge when not constantly popping arcane cloak. Win win, to be honest.

I still need to get the clusters sorted, and I have some ideas I would like to try there: Cold Conduction + Blast-Freeze could be a very nice extra defensive layer for 1 medium cluster, for giving up a little bit of damage.

That sounds like a variation of the build I wanted to test eventually, with more focus on crippling enemies. This variation would require "Snowstorm" on the large cluster jewel with "Cold Conduction" + "Blast-Freeze" on medium as you mentioned, plus "Whispers of Doom". Now with 3 curses, you can get a HandsOfTheHighTemplare with Vulnerability and Temporal Chains and Voila: Everything will be slow around you.

I will test this if I got the chance.

BTW, Tested the Arcane Cloak mechanic. The stronger one stays and it's not overwritten.
This looks really nice. I like occultist but I am tired of dot. I'll keep it for next league start.
Do you think I can sacrifice ES for more damage? Or maybe a life version could be possible?
"
HenryCoarda wrote:
This looks really nice. I like occultist but I am tired of dot. I'll keep it for next league start.
Do you think I can sacrifice ES for more damage? Or maybe a life version could be possible?

As far as sacrificing ES for damage, you have plenty of options at hand with the tree nodes at hand. You actually have a Large Cluster Jewel slot close and you can toy with that, maybe a Cold Conduction medium + Snowstorm large will make the build able to also freeze mobs.

As far as life version, I wouldn't go with it. I have the same problem crafting a life variation (or hybrid) as with a CI variation:
The build revolves a lot around Arcane Cloak. You need it for damage, survivability and to trigger a max level Arcane Surge. Going with life / CI will not allow aura reservation from life, so you'll be stuck with using auras from your mana pool, which in turn will make Arcane Cloak unviable.
Furthermore, not being at lowlife will negate "Pain Attunement", and that's 30% more spell damage you are giving away.
I have HH should I use it on this character? look really fun
"
dmoniak wrote:
I have HH should I use it on this character? look really fun

Didn't try it to be honest.

I will probably purchase one and give it a go too see how it feels and then post the video.

Considering it's clear speed and range it should be quite a force to reckon with.
Hey dude ! Your build looks really fun to play but Im wondering if it survived the patch notes. Do you think we can league start with it ?

Thanks a lot for your awesome build, Im really looking forward to play it !
"
Raphacid wrote:
Hey dude ! Your build looks really fun to play but Im wondering if it survived the patch notes. Do you think we can league start with it ?

Thanks a lot for your awesome build, Im really looking forward to play it !

Hello mate, and sorry for the late reply, I wasn't active for a while.

So I've updated the PoB, the build is definitely still viable for a league starter, however due to the damage nerfs it will start hitting a wall at Sirus A8/A9 and Maven.

With final items you should have no problem with those encounters, dps is more than enough, however there will be some farming required, it won't be as smooth as 3.14

Also, delirium 100% might become really difficult (close to impossible) on T17 maps.

I would still recommend the build, especially since all builds got dps hits. However I didn't integrate into it any new skills / abilities, so there might be room for optimizations.

Cheers.
Hey, just want to say thank you for that build. Im playing in right now, and i like it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info