[3.20]⚡ZaPwner's Crackling Lance Occultist⚡48M Pinacle Boss DPS

"
Juryo wrote:
Hey! Just converted to this build from my traditional league starter. Just got all my gear setup, and was wondering where I should focus on gear upgrades for boss killing?

Another Edit: After some experience playing the build, my damage feels low as well as my survivability. This probably comes down to me not having any physical dmg reduction and no chaos res. As for the damage, I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: POB: https://pastebin.com/5QkqkE1J

Phys reduction is a bitch on this build, if you feel too squishy get a Rumi Concoction.

Don't use tempest shield (is no longer good since it requries mana reserve instead of a flat cost).

If you have mana reservation Arcane Cloak will do less damage. It's almost even damage between herald of thunder and the reservation, so having the herald is the safer bet. But another mana reserving skill isn't an option, so keep a high mana pool so you can arcane cloak + arcane surge with arcane capacitor.

As far as items I would prioritize getting the max gem setup (21/23 gems, altenrate qualities, awakened spell echo) for damage.

For survivability, get a crusader crystal belt with +ES and %increased ES and a rumi's concoction.

As far as skills + tree: get the life node with "Cruel Preparation" and +50 life increase and add a defiance banner + arrogance to your setup to reserve as much life as possible. Remember that life, if reserved, grants you energy shield.

Expensive items to look forward to:
- +1 All Spells +1 Lightning %T1 increased spell damage wand (best prefix setup) with cast speed suffix
- Bottled Faith

That's enough I believe for the short term. Best of luck.

"
BearBear0 wrote:
Are you going to update CI cluster jewel setup?

Also the accuracy problem anyone else have a 50% chance to hit? I fixed it a bit although wondering if there is a fix.

Edit: my CI pob https://pastebin.com/bWVk45uG

Currently working on a budget trying to get the build going.

I will investigate the CI route a bit deeper next week.

Along the way CI seemed like a bad idea since CI requires mana reservation, and the build relies a lot on a big mana pool.

I don't think it would be sustainable unless you are willing to take a SINGIFICANT DPS hit.
"
BearBear0 wrote:
Are you going to update CI cluster jewel setup?

Also the accuracy problem anyone else have a 50% chance to hit? I fixed it a bit although wondering if there is a fix.

Edit: my CI pob https://pastebin.com/bWVk45uG

Currently working on a budget trying to get the build going.

AFAIK Spells don't care about hit chance, so why bother ?

Did this mechanic change in any way ? I don't see PoB even considering hit chance for Crackling lance.
Last edited by ZaPwner on Nov 7, 2021, 2:51:48 PM
Im having a really hard time trying to find a profane wand with all those stats such as arcane surge chance and triggered socket craft. What can I do?
Hm, how viable would this be as a league starter on SSF? :D
"
Godson704 wrote:
Im having a really hard time trying to find a profane wand with all those stats such as arcane surge chance and triggered socket craft. What can I do?

You don't need arcane surge trigger. You are going to trigger arcane surge via Arcane Cloak (and it will be a much higher value arcane surge).

The craft you will have on your bench (get unveiled from syndicate on weapons and eventually you will roll it and have the recipe). Just find a wand with an open suffix to enable you to add the craft.

The important things you want on your wand is:
Top 3 Bases are : Profane wand (cast speed), Opal Wand (42% increased spell damage) or Prophecy wand (40% increased spell damage)

Top prefixes are:
1. + 1 to all lightning spell gems
1. + 1 to all spell gems (equal to the above one)
2. Increased spell damage
3. Added lightning damage to spells

Top suffixes are:
1. Cast Speed
2. Cast Speed
3. Cast Speed (yeah it's really important)
4. Spell Critical strike chance

So get a wand with 2 top prefixes (make sure you get a number 1), cast speed suffix and an open suffix for the trigger craft and you are good.

The wand with both no1 prefixes are very very expensive and they will be crafted/available later in the game.
Last edited by ZaPwner on Nov 8, 2021, 5:10:11 PM
"
Chiisato wrote:

Unfortunately since the build depends on Ivory Tower and Prism Guardian not so much.

As a League starter in SSF, up to the late game, is very viable since you only need mark of submission which isn't that uncommon. The clear speed is awesome once you have it.

So more or less, start a witch, if a mark of submission dropped you are one happy puppy, you can go this route up until level 85 or so.
Last edited by ZaPwner on Nov 8, 2021, 5:09:34 PM
"
ZaPwner wrote:
"
Chiisato wrote:

Unfortunately since the build depends on Ivory Tower and Prism Guardian not so much.

As a League starter in SSF, up to the late game, is very viable since you only need mark of submission which isn't that uncommon. The clear speed is awesome once you have it.

So more or less, start a witch, if a mark of submission dropped you are one happy puppy, you can go this route up until level 85 or so.

Ivory Tower is "farmable" I guess since it drops from conqs, prism guardian seems to be a core? drop if I understand it correctly, so it's somewhat farmable in that regard and if I remember correctly it's superrare to find either.

I'll give it a try in SSF and see how it goes, as you said it should be ok-ish even up towards red maps and before then I might get either or both uniques.
Thanks for this build and the 3.16 updates. I'm in tier 5 maps atm and its pretty good, though Im struggling a bit on bosses. They are so tanky (Might be due to recent updates to game too).

How do you mitigate chaos damage when you reserve most of your life? Won't chaos go right through shield and one shot you? I couldn't find that addressed in the build and write up but maybe I missed it. I would think mind over matter passive but that isn't selected in your latest skill tree link.
It uses Ivory Tower which makes us take chaos damage as mana rather than life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info