[3.20]⚡ZaPwner's Crackling Lance Occultist⚡48M Pinacle Boss DPS

"
ZaPwner wrote:
"
KuroshiHasu wrote:
I imported the updated 3.16 PoB pastebin which I had to convert from 3.14 to 3.16 in PoB and noticed the trees after early leveling are missing a lot of points it seems. The late game one only has 61 points spent.

Am I doing something wrong with the pastebin? My PoB is updated to the current version.

Hello.

Current PoB doesn't have the leveling tree updated.
I will update it a bit later, I just focused on the end game tree.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I will try to do it sooner rather than later.

Oh that must have been the only tree I didn't check. Thank you I will use that one as best as I can for now. Not even using crackling lance yet but I'm having fun leveling this build...never thought I would like mines.
Also, I've been messing around with the CI version you made and using Nexus gloves and the mastery for every 5th cast refunds its cost and not having any mana issues so far.

Also, swapped to orb of storms over discharge and orb of storms has a really good interaction with crackling lance it feels since you get the chain affect from each cast which often cleans up anything that gets in melee range for you

EDIT: Didn't mean to reply on this segment, not familiar with this forum's format lol.
Last edited by Spe3dyg on Oct 29, 2021, 10:07:58 PM
will the pob work on elementalist? i can't seem to find the pob for the elementalist...
I tried this build out. Crazy clearing but the defense against phys is pretty awful. Most deaths I've had on any build. There's no layers outside of ES
"
szybqa wrote:
will the pob work on elementalist? i can't seem to find the pob for the elementalist...

Elementalist won't work as well as occultist for the following reasons:
- Occultist has stun immune (elementalist doesn't). You will get stunned like crazy
- Occultist has 2 curses from ascendancy and this build relies on lowering resistances via curses (over 50 lightning penetration gives more than anything from elementalist) + Malediction + HexProof enemies affected
- Occultist makes mobs go BOOM and that's the fun part :)

These are the reasons for picking Occultist over Elementalist.

Last edited by ZaPwner on Oct 31, 2021, 3:35:06 AM
How's the surviability in scourge maps and simu? Also can it do good single target at end game contents? I got around 30 ex to spend haha
"
Sw1tch0 wrote:
I tried this build out. Crazy clearing but the defense against phys is pretty awful. Most deaths I've had on any build. There's no layers outside of ES

Phys defense is total jack s**t (0 armor).

The best defense is that you will kill them from far far away. You also have a very decent ES pool, so you won't get 1 shot, and some decent block chance.

The Flasks that I used in the tree are for end game clear (Sirus farming and all that) so max out damage. I actually used Rumi's Concoction until I hit 100 and went YOLO. So if you feel too squishy go for Rumi.

"
KuroshiHasu wrote:
I imported the updated 3.16 PoB pastebin which I had to convert from 3.14 to 3.16 in PoB and noticed the trees after early leveling are missing a lot of points it seems. The late game one only has 61 points spent.

Am I doing something wrong with the pastebin? My PoB is updated to the current version.

New PoB is out:

https://pastebin.com/bqnGf5Za

Contains the updated leveling trees + the watcher's eye jewel which I totally forgot about when messing with the tree :).

DPS just jumped by 2M due to that gem :).
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
How's the surviability in scourge maps and simu? Also can it do good single target at end game contents? I got around 30 ex to spend haha

Honestly, not that good in 100% delirium T16.

The build is very strong when you can 1-2 shot the mobs so they explode and everything is cleared.
When I played it in 3.14 I had no problems killing Kosis and clearing, but for t16+ juiced maps I had to look at the modifiers to make sure I was able to kill stuff fast enough (EG: mobs extra life + reduced effect of curses + elemental resistances is a no no).

Since the damage nerf I think delirium 100% won't be possible/comfortable on T16 juiced (maybe blue t16 no sextants).

Lower maps / non juiced maps were a joke in 3.14, most likely will be a joke now.

This build is advertised as low budget. With 30 ex you can super gear yourself, kill everything on the map, laugh at Sirus while woo-ing Zana and still have 15 ex left.

The only highly expensive components of the build is the +1/+1/+cast speed wand, a good watcher's eye and the +1/+1 amulet.

The rest are just min maxing stuff.
Last edited by ZaPwner on Oct 31, 2021, 4:46:34 AM
Thank you so much for the updated leveling trees, I made a few adjustments to my tree and it has definitely helped out a ton. Jumping between different games at the moment so I still haven't made it to maps but the build has been much better to play than me trying to make my own build.
Last edited by KuroshiHasu on Oct 31, 2021, 12:40:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info