[3.20]⚡ZaPwner's Crackling Lance Occultist⚡48M Pinacle Boss DPS

It's been fun so far,not superb for the league mechanic compared to a tower or minion build.hopefully this changes once I have a lot more damage
Last edited by joyseeker1 on Dec 14, 2022, 3:24:27 AM
Heyo, is there an updated POB or we just use the recommended one and convert it?
Cheers
"
Oumegah wrote:
Heyo, is there an updated POB or we just use the recommended one and convert it?
Cheers

All 3.19 PoBs are compatible with 3.20, there is no change.

I also updated the recommended PoB to be with the newest version.

Newish player here, few questions

1. Would like to try this, but may I ask what makes occultist a good choice for CL? I thought inquisitor would be the ideal ascendancy?

2. Is concentrated effect really necessary? Wouldnt it make mapping less strong?

3. Im curious as to why controlled destruction is used, dont we want crits to get shock?
Last edited by 5ecured on Dec 16, 2022, 5:21:21 AM
"
5ecured wrote:

2. Is concentrated effect really necessary? Wouldnt it make mapping less strong?

Concentrated effect has no downside with crackling lance, it's a pure DPS upgrade.

"
5ecured wrote:

3. Im curious as to why controlled destruction is used, dont we want crits to get shock?

You will shock anyway because of conductivity + tree nodes.
"
papadongerino wrote:
"
5ecured wrote:

Concentrated effect has no downside with crackling lance, it's a pure DPS upgrade.

"
5ecured wrote:

You will shock anyway because of conductivity + tree nodes.

1. But the deceased AOE will affect map clearing, yes?

2. Im still new to the game, but conductivity only inflicts exposure to the enemy, doesnt mean they will get shocked right?

3. We use quite a lot of power charges, wouldnt using controlled destruction take away a huge chunk of damage from the crit power charges provide?

And still would like to know why occultist is a good ascendancy for this, as opposed to inquis or assassin with their high crit chance
Last edited by 5ecured on Dec 17, 2022, 6:18:27 AM
"
ZaPwner wrote:
"
Darkscis wrote:
Loving this build, thanks for the excellent write-up and the chat the other night.

Thanks for the kind words buddy.

I'm happy to see you added your own flavor to the build.

As an experience difference I actually switched to Crackling Lance around level 85 - 90 , because I used it as a league starter and I had to have the currency for the mandatory items, so switching earlier will have a different feeling (especially due to low chaos resist, since you cannot take the "One With Evil" node to mitigate from tree what's missing from gear ).

I had that (due to extra 15 tree nodes, dooh :) ) so I wasn't running from anything green (mana regen was higher than chaos degen).

If you have the time, let me know how you found the build once you reached level 90.

Just checked back in because I was thinking of going for a WoC Chaos Ignite build with Blackflame but I need something to level as and the arc setup would be ideal.

Once I got more points it felt super comfy. I was able to flesh out the ES and chaos res to drop the coruscating elixer. Definitely feel like it was my mistake of transitioning too early. 85 - 90 would be the ideal, I just had the currency and items so gave it a go. When I switched I just had too few points to really fill out the needed stuff on the tree. It was super fun though and became my boss killer for the rest of last season.
initially i found the build interesing and using it as my league starter. thx to guild ( hello debt ) i aquired not a mirror gear, but aprox 20-30 div investment.
iam far far far away from bossmelting beside to a non existing tankyness.
iam i missing a major thing?
The part on the top left of the skill tree with Scintillating Idea and Disorienting Display is not in my skill tree in standard league. Any tips on where to put the points instead?
Hmm, how do you get rid of the annoying low life screen effect?
First time playing a LL build and its kinda annoying =(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info