[3.20]⚡ZaPwner's Crackling Lance Occultist⚡48M Pinacle Boss DPS

i see in the new PoB that you have no items with STR, but you need like 159. how do you get around this?

thanks in advance :)
Yes, the pob is more of a "Goal".

The STR will most likely be covered by changing the "Mark of submission" with a ring with conductivity on hit + stats.

Also UUL-Netol's vow will not be there from the start, most likely an amulet with stats will happen :).

Furthermore there are crafts on the wand that gives strength.

As I stated before, once the build reaches maturity I will post my actual PoB. Thing is, I'm quite casual, and currency doesn't drop as it used to this league, so it takes me a while :).
how about a boots swap for a 4l galvanic field+chain for mapping? will it improve mobbing speed?

or maybe even a trigger wand socketed with galvanic field + chain + wave of conviction, and moving the current socketed gems to the empty slots in the 4l group?
Last edited by AT_Blitzy on Sep 2, 2022, 10:21:16 PM
"
AT_Blitzy wrote:
how about a boots swap for a 4l galvanic field+chain for mapping? will it improve mobbing speed?

or maybe even a trigger wand socketed with galvanic field + chain + wave of conviction, and moving the current socketed gems to the empty slots in the 4l group?

I was thinking about removing a 4L (the wave of conviction one) since I'm only using it for exposure which I can get from eater of the worlds on gloves.

Feel free to experiment, I'm doing it too.

Mobbing speed is rarely the issue, crack lance + profane bloom will clear things extremely fast. I'm planning on using the boots for a 5L Lightning Conduit for bosses since the fight will be : me cracking like a crackhead and applying shock, LC proccing every now and then on 65% shocked enemy.

I just don't know what I could use those extra 4 slots. Been thinking about zealotry + enlighten (+herald of thunder) and switching from arcane cloak to molten shell. I seem to be quite tanky vs Chaos atm, as long as I don't arcane cloak in front of chaos mob.

Updated the build with my current status.
Do you think this build would be possible with Storm Call?
"
FloppyDee wrote:
Do you think this build would be possible with Storm Call?

Hard to say.

There are some significant differences:
- Crackling Lance uses Intensity, Storm call doesn't
- The build revolves a lot around having very high cast speed, I think storm call requires the "reduce duration support" more than higher cast speed

Overall the tree / itemizations are somewhat similar, but some changes will be required (it won't work out of the box).
I made a meme about this build https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/xsfz62/how_much_damage_does_this_crackling_lance_build_do/
"
Yvl9921 wrote:
I made a meme about this build https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/xsfz62/how_much_damage_does_this_crackling_lance_build_do/

Hahahaha, nice one mate :).

Loving this build, thanks for the excellent write-up and the chat the other night.

A few changes I made as I felt a bit squishy - I ran a petrified blood setup with vitality and clarity on arrogance for leveling, pretty much right from when it was available. This helped on both the survivability and the mana regen which got a bit tight with Arc. It also means you can run low life most of the campaign and early maps as well to help Arc a bit.

I eventually moved Herald of Thunder over to life res as well once I got the efficiency nodes. I ran this setup pretty much all the way through campaign and into white/yellow maps without issue while building up for the change to CL.

I made the change to CL, Prism Guardian, Ivory Tower in the upper 70's which I feel was probably a bit too early. I was missing quite a lot of points for increased ES and mana, not sure what level you normally change on a league start situation. Maybe I prioritized points wrong and had more damage than I needed but it felt kind of squishy. I had to adopt a very stay back kind of style which worked fine for the most part, but if anything that dealt chaos damage so much as looked at me I fell over. Probably because I only had about 1200 unreserved mana (and as this was my 4th or 5th char of the league - the maps were already pretty juiced from the atlas points spent) so thats kinda my own fault as well.

I fixed this with a Coruscating Elixer however. If I see a Chaosweaver, if I see ANYTHING green or if I open a strongbox (may have a rogue exile) I hit that elixer and I have been fine ever since. I also set it to activate on poison just in case I miss that. Once I get into the mid 90's and flesh the tree out a bit more I will re-assess and might find things a bit easier without the elixer. Currently only have about 55% chaos res too so that needs some work.

Overall - super fun though and haven't run into any damage issues in upper red maps at all. Highly recommend!
"
Darkscis wrote:
Loving this build, thanks for the excellent write-up and the chat the other night.

Thanks for the kind words buddy.

I'm happy to see you added your own flavor to the build.

As an experience difference I actually switched to Crackling Lance around level 85 - 90 , because I used it as a league starter and I had to have the currency for the mandatory items, so switching earlier will have a different feeling (especially due to low chaos resist, since you cannot take the "One With Evil" node to mitigate from tree what's missing from gear ).

I had that (due to extra 15 tree nodes, dooh :) ) so I wasn't running from anything green (mana regen was higher than chaos degen).

If you have the time, let me know how you found the build once you reached level 90.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info