The Truth about Albino Rhoa Feathers

"
Nightmare90 wrote:
MonstaMunch, did you really get the Fishing Rod as a generous gift by GGG before the patch rolled out? Would be pretty awesome, imo. Only you had the endurance to continue the fishing and according trolling all the time with all the naysayers present.

GGG doesn't give items to players, ever, under any circumstances that I'm aware of, so no I wasn't given a rod. Also just to make sure we've got this straight, GGG indirectly confirmed that the unique rod wasn't my creation, so there would be no reason to give me one, even though I don't think they would have done even if it was my creation, which it isn't (and I still don't even have the damn unique rod yet anyway, despite my best efforts). Also if (as some people have claimed) rods were only added in the last patch, then it wouldn't have been possible to give me one before that anyway.

So again, the answer is no, I've never been given a rod by anyone, ever, anywhere.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
MonstaMunch, did you really get the Fishing Rod as a generous gift by GGG before the patch rolled out? Would be pretty awesome, imo. Only you had the endurance to continue the fishing and according trolling all the time with all the naysayers present.

GGG doesn't give items to players, ever, under any circumstances that I'm aware of, so no I wasn't given a rod. Also just to make sure we've got this straight, GGG indirectly confirmed that the unique rod wasn't my creation, so there would be no reason to give me one, even though I don't think they would have done even if it was my creation, which it isn't (and I still don't even have the damn unique rod yet anyway, despite my best efforts). Also if (as some people have claimed) rods were only added in the last patch, then it wouldn't have been possible to give me one before that anyway.

[...]

Why not? We both know about the time when Rhys accidentally the whole code, rods were appearing and the forums were broken for a short time after GGG was cleaning every evidence. :P
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jan 7, 2014, 10:35:02 AM
Has anyone ever had a feather drop from a monster that is NOT an Albino Rhoa? One person told me that he has collected a lot of feathers (25+) from mobs that are not Albino Rhoas (in a certain location)...and he even offered to trade me all of them, which makes me believe he was telling the truth. So I wonder if anyone else can confirm this?
This is what I can confirm - This is the most elaborate troll I have ever seen in any game, and I've played quite a few.

Congrats to GGG plus Alpha Members + everyone else who manages to actually perpetuate this mythological troll.

No wonder ya'll like to 'go fishing' for 'bites' at the broken bridge. You live underneath it, after all.
Last edited by jarlaxelb on Jan 7, 2014, 2:28:07 PM
"
jarlaxelb wrote:
This is what I can confirm - This is the most elaborate troll I have ever seen in any game, and I've played quite a few.

Congrats to GGG plus Alpha Members + everyone else who manages to actually perpetuate this mythological troll.

No wonder ya'll like to 'go fishing' for 'bites' at the broken bridge. You live underneath it, after all.

Still naysaying even after the appearance of a unique fishing rod allowing to catch legendary fish?

It is your loss, I guess. I like to handicap myself also now and then to spice up the game. :-)
The real problem is that the Roah Feather mystery will be solved, and after that some exiting rewards will happen. Once the few people exploiting the Roah mystery have made their fortunes one or more will spill the beans. After that everybody will know and GGG will nerf the Roah mystery event.

That seems to be the way of most cool secret things. A few people prosper from them and then the creators nerf it because once everybody knows, they might also get filthy rich. And as we all know we can under no circumstances have everybody getting everything. That is reserved for the few, a bit like real life where you work like a fucking slave for some company to make them rich and drive yourself further into debt.

Economies, you just have to love them!

And that dear reader is why you are doomed to extinction, like the dinosaurs you have had your time.. oh hangon that was a line from some movie I saw which sort of hinted that you are living in a dream world and in reality are just an energizer battery :D
I think the fishing rod, feathers, and the laboratory 4 slots all are connected.

Maybe its a secret level like the cow level, only you catch fish in it?

Would be legendary.
Last edited by ResidentHippy on Jan 8, 2014, 4:59:23 AM
New idea:

Has someone ever tried to write 4-letter-words into the map device? (you know, like tagging your guild - you use the same maps from which you know which letter they contain)

I don't have enough maps to try it.

Maybe words like: KIWI, ROAH, FISH, YOLO?! :D
"The one who dies with the most toys is still dead."
- Geth, keeper of the Vault.

"
meerkatz13 wrote:
New idea:

Has someone ever tried to write 4-letter-words into the map device? (you know, like tagging your guild - you use the same maps from which you know which letter they contain)

I don't have enough maps to try it.

Maybe words like: KIWI, ROAH, FISH, YOLO?! :D

This is a pretty awesome idea.

Don't you forget to try activation 5 times!
Maybe there will be a portal opened somewhere in the laboratory.
"
ResidentHippy wrote:
I think the fishing rod, feathers, and the laboratory 4 slots all are connected.

Maybe its a secret level like the cow level, only you catch fish in it?

Would be legendary.

Has anyone tried using the items you would get for vendoring the fishing rod (12 alt 4 alch, 1 rhoa feather) plus the map where the boss is a rhoa (mudgeyser?) in the map generator while having a fishingrod equipped?
- taking a trip to Belize, I'm so excited! -

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info