The Truth about Albino Rhoa Feathers

On chat way back I saw a discussion about this. Apparently a rare mob spawns in The Ship Graveyard, the leader's name is Marcelleus Wallace. Apparently if you have the Rhoa feather in your inventory at the time, he robs you of the feather, mutters something about getting his soul back, runs away but drops something as he leaves. Not sure what though Scoob!
thats a new theory i heared there total. you make it more interesting now :D.
there is also the possibility that its a scrapped or unfinished part of the game and means nothing and the feathers are useless.
"
Wakeupneo wrote:
Albino give you +1% quantity drop. Basic quantity is 16%. Mods like +100% iiq: its 16*(1+1.00)=32%. 10 Albino on inventory give (16%+10%)*(1+iiq). Its cap. 20 Albino dont give you +20%.

Since there was no change to my IIQ stat on the "misc" tab of the character information, I'm gonna call this either false, or unverifiable. Either way, it's not going in my OP d:- D

P.S. Righteous screen name.

"
satarc wrote:
there is also the possibility that its a scrapped or unfinished part of the game and means nothing and the feathers are useless.

This is my current working theory--or at least a variant of it.
I actually suspect that the Rhoa Feathers could just be a diamond supporter piece of content to troll people. I have no proof for this, and got the idea from this Penny Arcade article about the Interview they had with some GGG guys at GDC 2013. The quote in question is a reference to an article from some site called venturebeat.

Here's the quote that caught my attention:
"
“We’re getting requests like, ‘I will pay you to put a wolf in a certain area,’” said Rogers. “Though we were hoping people would be asking for something cooler.”

I guess I just like the idea that some troll paid $1000 to rofl. for this theory though, I have my doubts that GGG would have accepted the submission of something like this from an ethical standpoint, considering that it could make their players farm items and waste their time for no reason. On the other hand, maybe GGG enjoys a good troll themselves and decided to let it ride.

"
totalbackline wrote:
On chat way back I saw a discussion about this. Apparently a rare mob spawns in The Ship Graveyard, the leader's name is Marcelleus Wallace. Apparently if you have the Rhoa feather in your inventory at the time, he robs you of the feather, mutters something about getting his soul back, runs away but drops something as he leaves. Not sure what though Scoob!

LOL.
d:- D
ign: MenderSwiftpaw / UprightRhoa / WitchWhichWanders
though the dark may come, the sun also rises.
Last edited by MenderSwiftpaw on Apr 3, 2013, 6:26:28 AM
did any one try asking ggg ?
Domine Non Es Dignus
"
Zinja wrote:
did any one try asking ggg ?

That solution is so elegant that it did not occur to me. Aside from that, I'm under the impression that the devs aren't talking on this one. I would try to do the heel click summoning ritual to query a savvy GGG employee, but I would probably just mess it up.
d:- D
ign: MenderSwiftpaw / UprightRhoa / WitchWhichWanders
though the dark may come, the sun also rises.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
haplessG00N wrote:
but if you discover GGG sends an assassin after you...

well said, this company likes to keep secrets. Such as the recipe for exalted orb!

mirror of kalandra to vendor is an exalted right =o? ive been told that so idk=x
Albino feather lets your toon sit and fish in act 3 :)
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
I've never gotten an albino feather. Are you sure that isn't a troll?
IGN: Grevania

Last edited by Asterlius on Aug 23, 2022, 12:18:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info