Righteous Fire

You burn for 90% of your life, and 70% of your ES.

It doesn't say that your energy shield burns based on your energy shield and your life somehow burns entirely separately based on your life (and it couldn't because burning doesn't work like that).
You - as a whole - burn for both. You have a burning effect on you dealing 90% of your life and 70% of your ES as fire damage to you pre second. because it's fire damage, and thus not chaos, this burn damages your energy shield first, then your life when that's expended.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 2, 2014, 9:39:52 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
You burn for 90% of your life, and 70% of your ES.

It doesn't say that your energy shield burns based on your energy shield and your life somehow burns entirely separately based on your life (and it couldn't because burning doesn't work like that).
You - as a whole - burn for both. You have a burning effect on you dealing 90% of your life and 70% of your ES as fire damage to you pre second. because it's fire damage, and thus not chaos, this burn damages your energy shield first, then your life when that's expended.

Sorry if i'm punctilious but:
"

"It doesn't say that your energy shield burns based on your energy shield"

Yes it does say that i burn for 70% of my energy shield

"
"and your life somehow burns entirely separately based on your life"

yes in game mechanics shows that your ES burn first and when ES is fully consumed you start to burn your HP, this mean with a 92% fire resistance i shouldn't burn my ES: you then can say that since i'm running a RF build based on HP i don't have the necessary amount of life and life regen to sustain my ES, then i will answer by sayng that if i choose Zealot's Oath and have a 5K ES pool and 80% fire resist i should be able to sustain it.

also, the tooltip say no "...AND you energy shield..." and this is a huge difference.

"
You - as a whole - burn for both.

anyway if burning works like you say i should burn my ES and HP together, instead as you can see by casting RF (and as you also said before) it burn firstly your ES and second yuor HP.

Doing the math, actually ES is burning for 90% like there is no difference between ES and HP (since i need 90% fire resistance to sustain it)...

i think there is something wrong and i hope you are understanding what i'm tryng to explaine.

Waiting for an answer i wish u a good day!
all non chaos damage takes off es before hp while es is still present. those "two" burns are working from the get go.

for example, 700 hp and 100 es and 80% fire res. so 126 damage per second (or 18% of hp/sec) and 14 damage per second (or 14% of es/sec).

doesn't matter if they can be treated as two different sourced burns (and thus can added together) or one (already added together), you are taking total damage per second of 140 per second.

in this example, es will vanish near instantly while it'll then take 5 seconds to eat through the rest of hp. this is a constant rate unless you somehow gain es or hp during the process or change resistances or gain a vulnerability curse. it is only by the ability and mechanics of energy shield, that it goes down before hp.

edit: further numbers. lets add a 10% hp regen, no zealot's oath. so that'll be 70 hp/sec.
total damage taken is either (126 - 70) + 14 damage per second, or the 140 - 70 in damage per second. it is the exact same. specially if you count it as separate burns, because both are working the moment you cast rf, there's no "when" involved.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Jul 3, 2014, 1:49:52 PM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
all non chaos damage takes off es before hp while es is still present. those "two" burns are working from the get go.

for example, 700 hp and 100 es and 80% fire res. so 126 damage per second (or 18% of hp/sec) and 14 damage per second (or 14% of es/sec).

doesn't matter if they can be treated as two different sourced burns (and thus can added together) or one (already added together), you are taking total damage per second of 140 per second.

in this example, es will vanish near instantly while it'll then take 5 seconds to eat through the rest of hp. this is a constant rate unless you somehow gain es or hp during the process or change resistances or gain a vulnerability curse. it is only by the ability and mechanics of energy shield, that it goes down before hp.

edit: further numbers. lets add a 10% hp regen, no zealot's oath. so that'll be 70 hp/sec.
total damage taken is either (126 - 70) + 14 damage per second, or the 140 - 70 in damage per second. it is the exact same. specially if you count it as separate burns, because both are working the moment you cast rf, there's no "when" involved.

No the tooltip says, you burn for 90% of your Hp Fullstop.New line. you burn for 70% of your energy shield. Es is consumed first, hp start to burn when ES is consumed.

this is mthe mechanic that the tooltip actually explaine. so as a player i shouldn't be forced to analyze what they say between the lines! also if there is a ...AND you burn for... they should just read it.

Anyway i did some test putting on my marauder dressed for sustain RF on HP (90%) gear with ES letting himr each 4K Hp and 3K ES.. then speccing zealoth oath.
If it work like you said i was supposed to sustain the RF dmg, instead i wasn't, with 92% fire res. it's just an Expression, math, and math don't fail!

anywya it's really annoyng that the tooltip is totally wrong.

i'm stilòl hoping to get some official confirmation from Mark.

I really need to clarify this to myself.

Edit: just equip Solaris lorica or Shavronne's Wrapping to avpoid chaos dmg problem
Edit 2: remember everytime that the dmg is calculated in % so this mean it scales with ur hp/es
Last edited by stogirosbrego on Jul 3, 2014, 5:43:35 PM
"
stogirosbrego wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

That is exactly my point - YOU burn for 70% of your energy shield. NOT your energy shield burns for 70% of your energy shield. You burn, based on your energy shield.
It also says that YOU burn based on your life. Not just that your life burns based on your life.

You burn based on your energy while and life. You have energy shield, so the entire burn effect on YOU - which is based on both ES and Life values - applies to your energy shield until it's depleted, then life.

Both of these things are applying a burn to YOU. It does not say that your energy shield burns for one thing and your life burns for another. It says YOU burn for both. and that's what happens. YOU get burned based on both your energy shield and your life. That burning effect, which is on YOU as a whole, NOT two effects on ES and Life separately, hits both your ES and your life.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 3, 2014, 10:14:27 PM
Also, all effects are working at the same time.

Next, the life regen in the forum thread is a percentage value. It isnt talking about the flat hp per second from gear... usually.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
stogirosbrego wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

[...] YOU get burned [...]

This is exactly what happens when Mark replies. :P
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 4, 2014, 9:34:50 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
stogirosbrego wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

That is exactly my point - YOU burn for 70% of your energy shield. NOT your energy shield burns for 70% of your energy shield. You burn, based on your energy shield.
It also says that YOU burn based on your life. Not just that your life burns based on your life.

You burn based on your energy while and life. You have energy shield, so the entire burn effect on YOU - which is based on both ES and Life values - applies to your energy shield until it's depleted, then life.

Both of these things are applying a burn to YOU. It does not say that your energy shield burns for one thing and your life burns for another. It says YOU burn for both. and that's what happens. YOU get burned based on both your energy shield and your life. That burning effect, which is on YOU as a whole, NOT two effects on ES and Life separately, hits both your ES and your life.

PERFECT, i got it, TY Mark for your patience :)

BUT

Mark you need to answer me this questiona swell please.

RF HP dmg is based on your current HP pool Correct? (this mean even if u cast RF and change gear and this will affect your HP pool u will take dmg from RF in a modular way)

the question is, Do RF count the current HP (the red bubble on the left) or it count the total pool even with aureas casted on HP?

example: i got 5000HP i cast auras on my HP and i get to 1000 hp and AFTER i casted my aureas on my hp i cast RF, do RF burn me for 90% of 5000 or for 90% of my 1000hp remaining?

Mark, ty again for your answers u are a really ncie guy! and please answer this question for me (us)!!

Kissies and have a good day!

p.p.s

soul4hdwn

"

Next, the life regen in the forum thread is a percentage value. It isnt talking about the flat hp per second from gear... usually.

:) c'mon ...
based off maximums, self damage updates external damage doesn't... yet.

as for the "come on", i just don't have enough information about your character. people have been confused before as when grabbing a percent regen passive converts it to flat value on the character screen. or not grabbing any and thinking a flat 6 regen meant a percent.
sorry. i AM trying to help.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Jul 4, 2014, 11:30:02 AM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
based off maximums, self damage updates external damage doesn't... yet.

as for the "come on", i just don't have enough information about your character. people have been confused before as when grabbing a percent regen passive converts it to flat value on the character screen. or not grabbing any and thinking a flat 6 regen meant a percent.
sorry. i AM trying to help.

yea mate sorry, didn't want to say c'mon in an offensive way,w as like "yea i'm not that noobish :)"

anyway i appreciate a lot the support, the help and the interest :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info