Righteous Fire

Self damage is dealt to life, or also energy shield ?
If it hits ES, I can't see any use for this skill, so it's probably hiting through it.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Any support gems that work with this skill?
"
Ragura wrote:
"
Interesting spell, really encourages not only fire resist stacking, but lots of energy shield over hp stacking.

Well that depends on what your goal is with the spell. I can see HP stacking working well too, increasing the base damage of the spell and amplifying that with +fire damage.

Potentially, but it seems like it would just be too much damage to keep up with. And I have a feeling anything that amplifies the burning/fire damage from this would make you take more as well. This seems good for Templar though, put that Increased Buff Effect to good use!
"
zriL wrote:
If it hits ES, I can't see any use for this skill, so it's probably hiting through it.

I tried this skill out In Alpha and it burns through both ES and Health, so you have to be very careful when using it. The burning damage passives only affected the 50% of maximum health as burning damage aspect of the skill.

GGG said this was primarily for experts....
Last edited by Tertium_Quid on May 9, 2012, 3:20:59 PM
"
Tertium_Quid wrote:
"
zriL wrote:

I tried this skill out In Alpha and it burns through both ES and Health, so you have to be very careful when using it. The burning damage passives only affected the 50% of maximum health as burning damage aspect of the skill.

GGG said this was primarily for experts....

Did the 30% more spell damage from it increase its own damage?
so after playing with it a bit i have several questions:

1.what passives affect this spell?
as it seems this spell is considered a burn so everything with burn will affect it (duration, damage). +spell damage and +elemental most likely too.
but what is about +fire damage?

2.do +buff passives affect it?
well, buff duration passives dont make any sence since its a toggled skill effect and no "real" burn (at least thats what i think :) ).
the +buff effect passives bring up the question if this spell applies two affects - one buff and one debuff. when there are two seperated effects there probably wont be any use of this passives - need clarification.

3.does it work with elemental proliferation?
the AoE is so small that i cant even notice +AoE passives so the only real AoE effect could be given by this support gem.
though i dont know how the game handles this some what special burn.

overall first impression was rather dissapointing. i guess this spells really shines in higher level with the right passives/items and gameplay.
it has potential as the per level increase of the more spell damage seems to be 3/lvl which would lead to a 90% more spell damage (+20% increased spell damage at quality 20).

i just hoped that i could use this as my main skill on a high hp char :(
"
halfdead2 wrote:

2.do +buff passives affect it?
well, buff duration passives dont make any sence since its a toggled skill effect and no "real" burn (at least thats what i think :) ).
the +buff effect passives bring up the question if this spell applies two affects - one buff and one debuff. when there are two seperated effects there probably wont be any use of this passives - need clarification.

I was assuming the buff effect passives would increase the More Spell Damage buff from it, but not the damage it deals, since buffs don't do damage.
ah yeah that sounds about right - that every buff passive effects the +spell damage only. though as this gem doesnt have a specific length duration passives still wont work (?).
Last edited by halfdead2 on May 9, 2012, 4:54:47 PM
(1) I wonder how this skill interacts with a totemify-support..
Unavailable
Does the totem (if it works at all) apply the burn to your character or to itself (burning for whatever amount of hp greater than 1 it might have), costing no mana to cast?
mechanics?
"
Tertium_Quid wrote:

I was the only Alpha member who found and used this gem from level 31 until Chaos. It is not a quest reward; in fact, I suspect it will be one of the rarest supports.

This support increases the number of totems every 6 levels. It inherits all of your stats: it has your cast speed and whatever your damage (among other things) would be if you were casting the linked spell from that location, but it has a mana supply independent of your own.

Like the other Totems, it lasts as long as its health or duration does and you can recast when needed, but it is really expensive. With the gem and other supports I used, it was over 100 the moment I added this gem and, I suspect, would have have been around 200 by the time I reached chaos.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/30777

(2) Also (since the gem's tooltip reads 'ignites you') are these specific passives able to provide one's character with a chance to avoid being ignited by this spell? If so, does the game 'drop' the effect's aoe damage as well?
[The Prison] Crawl a text-based dungeon - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/26299
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Nice thought on those passives, hadn't considered that. In addition, couldn't you pair this with Molten Shell so it takes the damage to keep it up longer while also constantly exploding the Shell?

And I think linking RF to a Life Leech gem could be the key in high uptime on it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info